Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lois Lane introduced in Smallville too soon?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KneelBeforeSmallville
    I enjoyed Lanas hunt for the stones and even the beginning of season 5 with her and clark trying to be together and work things out but once her and lex started getting together there was really nothing for her to do other than..be with lex..and hate it.
    The beginning of Season 5 Clana stuff should have happened at the beginning of Season 3

Comment

So Sups you thought the whole her going to paris thing fizzled out the relationship? Her whole witch ark? I remember the producers were proud she had a pivotal role in season 4. i feel like there were many periods where there was full blown Clana

Comment

So Sups you thought the whole her going to paris thing fizzled out the relationship? Her whole witch ark? I remember the producers were proud she had a pivotal role in season 4. i feel like there were many periods where there was full blown Clana
        I think on a whole the Clana relationship angst was cut down bigtime in S4 compared to S3 or S5-7. Sure you can pick points here and there of it happening but it wasn't to the degree of other seasons. It seems like we had much less of those Clana loft scenes where she basically goes up to his loft and reem him out about secrets and lies, the walk away in a huff or Clark running to Chloe to talk how his life sucks without Lana(this was more a S5/6 thing) or wondering what Lana is up to.

In general Clark seemed much happier in S4 then other seasons(save maybe S1) and a large part of that was Lana was detached from her for good portions of the season due to her being involved with Jason and the stones

Comment

I do agree 100% about the Clana in the loft, it seemed like with season 4 there were alot more solo storylines were each character had alot going on, and as you said clark did seem happier.

Comment

I started watching the show because of Lois Lane

Comment

I do agree 100% about the Clana in the loft, it seemed like with season 4 there were alot more solo storylines were each character had alot going on, and as you said clark did seem happier.
              I think the main reason I liked Lois on the show was because it seems like plots she was heavily featured in S4, Clark seemed more well adjusted. I personally got sick of all the Clark has issues with <fill in character> storylines of Season 3(and this goes beyond Lana, but she by far was the worst of the bunch). I would probably consider myself in the Lois shouldn't have appeared so early on the show(save a guest appearance here or there) but given I liked the general tone of most the episodes she was in S4, it endeared me to her character

Comment

Originally posted by Supsfan
                The beginning of Season 5 Clana stuff should have happened at the beginning of Season 3
                I would tend to agree. At most, I think early Season 5 should have been considered the 'real go at a relationship' like they claimed Season 7 was. I would have liked her to be more of a confidant/friend role for the rest of her stay. Lana and Clark would still 'love' each other but as friends, after they realize they weren't meant to be together.

Originally I would have said Season 4 would be too early for Lois, but I liked what she brought out in Clark, a different side to him. Also Erica in my opinion was a great as Lois from the start, so I was perfectly fine with her continuing on as Lois as a regular.

Comment

Originally posted by Supsfan
                  I think on a whole the Clana relationship angst was cut down bigtime in S4 compared to S3 or S5-7. Sure you can pick points here and there of it happening but it wasn't to the degree of other seasons. It seems like we had much less of those Clana loft scenes where she basically goes up to his loft and reem him out about secrets and lies, the walk away in a huff or Clark running to Chloe to talk how his life sucks without Lana(this was more a S5/6 thing) or wondering what Lana is up to.

In general Clark seemed much happier in S4 then other seasons(save maybe S1) and a large part of that was Lana was detached from her for good portions of the season due to her being involved with Jason and the stones
                  Don't forget the 'lies upon lies' lol

Comment

No! It was hard surviving S5-S7 and without Ms. Lane, I would have given up. I loved ED right away and what she had with Tom in "Crusade" to "Finale" could not be matched by any other girl character on the show. I knew when Clark and Lois shared a scene it was going to be great and most of all positive. Clark was not depressed or dumb.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎