Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Forum Whiz
    Quote Originally Posted by kirmacat View Post
    Okay. Promos like that are EVIL! Can they not give us more than 11 seconds?!?! Guh. *chanting "It'sonlyfourweeks,It'sonlyfourweeks"*
    Although I too was hoping for a longer clip, I loved the quote: "Lucifer is powerful in ways that defy description."

Michael's sword? So they will be bringing in that part of the mythology?

Nice.

*dies*

the crazy fan, OMG CAN IT BE SPN DAY!!

Quote Originally Posted by LogicalDisorder View Post

omg Sam's face when she's touching his chest and he's like 'uhm can you stop touching me' and she's like 'no' hahahahaha got to love Kripke.

----- Added 39 Seconds later -----

Quote Originally Posted by Call_Me_Ishmael View Post
    Michael's sword? So they will be bringing in that part of the mythology?

Nice.
    Not sure if it will be Kripke's twist on the basic idea or not but either way it sounds cool.
    Last edited by Ginx; 08-31-2009 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

ThingThatShouldNotBe GENERALzod777's Avatar

Question A Hill Made Of Forty-Two Dogs.

That interested me so i did a search on the number forty-two in religion and found this...

The number 42 appears in various contexts in Christianity. There are 42 generations (names) in the Gospel of Matthew's version of the Genealogy of Jesus; it is prophesied that for 42 months the Beast will hold dominion over the Earth (Revelation 13:5); 42 men of Beth-azmaveth were counted in the census of men of Israel upon return from exile (Ezra 2:24); God sent bears to maul 42 of the youths who mock Elisha for his baldness (2 Kings 2:23), etc.

42 also occurs in other religions. There are 42 principles of Ma'at, the Ancient Egyptian personification of physical and moral law, order, and truth. In the judgement scene described in the Egyptian and the Book of the Coming/Going Forth by Day (the Book of the Dead (which evolved from the Coffin Texts and the Pyramid Texts)), there are 42 Gods and Goddesses of Egypt, personifying the principles of Ma'at, who ask questions of the departed, while Thoth records the answers, and the deceased's heart is weighed against the feather of Truth (Ma'at). These 42 correspond to the 42 Nomes (Governmental Units) of Egypt. If the departed successfully answers all 42, s/he becomes an Osiris.

In Judaism, the number (in the Babylonian Talmud, compiled 375 AD to 499 AD) of the "Forty-Two Lettered Name" ascribed to God. Rab (or Rabhs), a 3rd century source in the Talmud stated "The Forty-Two Lettered Name is entrusted only to him who is pious, meek, middle-aged, free from bad temper, sober, and not insistent on his rights". [Source: Talmud Kidduschin 71a, Translated by Rabbi Dr. I. Epstein]. Maimonides felt that the original Talmudic Forty-Two Lettered Name was perhaps composed of several combined divine names [Maimonides "Moreh"]. The apparently unpronouncable Tetragrammaton provides the backdrop from the Twelve-Lettered Name and the Forty-Two Lettered Name of the Talmud.

42 is the number with which God creates the Universe in Kabalistic tradition. In Kabbalah, the most significant name is that of the En Sof (also known as "Ein Sof", "Infinite" or "Endless"), who is above the Sefirot (sometimes spelled "Sephirot").[7] The Forty-Two-Lettered Name contains four combined names which are spelled in Hebrew letters (spelled in letters = 42 letters), which is the name of Azilut (or "Atziluth" "Emanation"). While there are obvious links between the Forty-Two Lettered Name of the Babylonian Talmud (see further up this page) and the Kabbalah's Forty-Two Lettered Name, they are probably not identical due to the Kabbalah's emphasis on numbers. The Kabbalah also contains a Forty-Five Lettered Name and a Seventy-Two Lettered Name.

Does any of that stand out to anyone...

Yea I thought that was an interesting piece of the scene and I was going to look into it myself until I saw the 10 minute gag reel on YouTube....

Who was that girl, in that youtube clip?

Forum Whiz
    Quote Originally Posted by Anu View Post
    Who was that girl, in that youtube clip?
    If I had to guess I would say that she's a fan of the book series who's close to Chuck, therefore she knows about the prophet thing

Last edited by kirmacat; 09-03-2009 at 05:11 PM.

just so you all know the forum for the season premeire is up if you want to joining the live countdown discussion to get pumped for the premiere next week.

Don't know if this trailer has already been posted but it's freakin' awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyYfOoq5wOE

Soldier of Kandor Charles Griffyn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypto_marcus View Post
    Don't know if this trailer has already been posted but it's freakin' awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyYfOoq5wOE
    It has been, but no harm in re-posting for those who missed it earlier in the thread. It is a fantastic trailer.

New promo with a glimpse of Lucifer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZhyT_RV8wY

ThingThatShouldNotBe GENERALzod777's Avatar
    thats why i love the promos from Space... They give just a little bit more info

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast