Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast

All Season 5 Spoilers!

"Sam's a blood-sucking fiend, Lucifer walks the earth and all hell is literally breaking loose. That's the situation the Winchester brothers (and their friend Bobby) will face when Supernatural returns to the CW for season five this fall. Can the world be saved, and more importantly, will the boys survive with their skins (and their relationship) intact?

We just caught up with Jensen Ackles (that's Dean himself, duh) at the Paley Center's Sixth Annual Celebrity Golf Classic and got him to answer these very questions. Read on for the scoop on Sam and Dean's role in the Apocalypse and the latest on those season-six rumors...

Jensen tells us that he imagines the boys have a crucial, but not necessarily pivotal, role to play in the war between heaven and hell. (Think of Jim Beaver's Bobby and the Winchesters more as lieutenants and corporals than generals or field marshals.)

Jensen says he's always wondered, "Are Dean and Sam (Jared Padalecki) really that important that they're going to be the focal point of this apocalypse? Or are they just going to be caught in the crossfire, trying to use whatever they can to help fight for the good? I think it's going to be more of this big, gigantic thing going on and we're stuck in the middle. I don't think we're necessarily going to be the focal point of anybody's hunt. We're going to lend whatever help we can to Castiel (Misha Collins) and the angels to do their job. But what that is, I don't know."

As for poor Sam (by which, of course, we mean incredibly well-muscled, badass and awesome Sam), Jensen says that Sam's blood-addiction will remain an issue next season: "The demon stuff is still coursing through his veins, and he's got that to deal with. The season finale ended with the big, giant realization that he was being duped into becoming what he didn't want to be. So now he's got to deal with that and try to get back to neutral."

Regarding a possible sixth season, Jensen clarified the swirling rumors a bit. He tells us, "That started over in England. Jared and I were over there doing a convention. Everything was being lined up that this was the final season. We basically just said that our contracts were for six years—whether they use us for the six years is completely up to them. As it looks right now, it won't [happen]. It's like, if there is, we're going to be a part of it. I guess the studio's fine with it. I think it's just the network, you know? It's their call."

Principal photography on season five begins July 2."

Huh... Always figured that the boys would be smack-dab in the middle of it, but this is just slightly-more-informed-than-we-are speculation from Jensen, so take everything with a pile and a half of salt. Also, glad that Jensen thinks that season 6 is a no-go.

thats cool. ya seems like sam and dean are only there because they got suckered into it and they really have no point in the war. just a couple of guys know too much for their own good and choose to be their rather then just walking away and saying nah im going home dont want to play anymore.

thats good jensen feels that this should be the last season too. only thing i would see for a 6th is if it is a prequal based on samuel colt and jared and jensen play characters from back then. either as their own ancestors or similar to a quantuim leap type thing.

Soldier of Kandor Charles Griffyn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superhippie2000 View Post
    thats cool. ya seems like sam and dean are only there because they got suckered into it and they really have no point in the war. just a couple of guys know too much for their own good and choose to be their rather then just walking away and saying nah im going home dont want to play anymore.

thats good jensen feels that this should be the last season too. only thing i would see for a 6th is if it is a prequal based on samuel colt and jared and jensen play characters from back then. either as their own ancestors or similar to a quantuim leap type thing.
    Or go with the idea that was flirted with in "In The Beginning" and have them go back in time and cause all the events to happen, perhaps being the ones to entomb lucipher in the first place and create the devils gate that was opened in season 2. Actually that would all seem like an anti-climax after taking on the devil in season 5. Season 5 is definitly the best place to end it.

Banned
    No i think enough time travel has happened already, i dont like closed timeloop paradoxes.

I do like the idea that the boys will be sort of caught up in the cross fire a bit, in a way that is how the first two seasons were. Originally the YED was doing stuff in a league way above the Winchesters heads it was only in season 3 and 4 that the Winchesters became so important to the world and had power to really take the fight to the enemy. Now in the fifth season they will firmly be avoiding the biig bad and wondering what the hell is going on.

Part of me is sad that in 12 months Supernatural could very well be over and this forum board will have us guys reviewing the series as a whole, the supernatural forum will eventually be one of the graveyard forums . The other part of me is quite glad that a story is going to be told properly, with the original writers intentions being respected.

MAJOR S5 spoiler..its good

[LUCIFER]
    30s – 40s, male. This is the devil – he is soft-spoken, strangely sympathetic, more vulnerable than evil and should have piercing eyes. This is an amazing role that will be heavily recurring...HEAVILY RECURRING GUEST STAR

My guess is the actor will be an unknown, what do you guys think?
    Last edited by Lexgirl33; 06-12-2009 at 05:09 PM.

I can't wait!!

woohoo. my guess is it will be ummm chad michael murray lol.

Seems to me that's more of Jensen's opinion of what he thinks will happen and not exactly what will happen Thanks for the info though - interesting

John Glover?LOL....

It might be an unknown, some creepy dude that Kripke met in a coffee shop or something either that, or someone unexpected

ya john glover would be cool hope kripke reads this.

an unknown would be good too cause it would be more realistic. anyway im sure kripkes choice will be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginx View Post
    Seems to me that's more of Jensen's opinion of what he thinks will happen and not exactly what will happen Thanks for the info though - interesting
    That's why I told everyone to take it with a pile of salt, and I called it a 'spoilerish' thing It's just slightly-more-informed than us speculation, but, hey, it's something.

I"m hoping unknown, then us viewers don't try and compare the characters in our heads. And, unknowns are fun, and sometimes you get a really really really good one, and it makes those episodes 'that' much better.

Soldier of Kandor Charles Griffyn's Avatar
    MICHAEL ROSENBAUM!!!

wait no...

WENTWORTH MILLER!!!!

Seriously though, I'd rather have an unknown, someone we've never seen before. That's what i've liked about their choices in guest stars so far, we've rarely had anything to compare them to and so we can judge them just on their performances on their own rahter than as a comparison. It's also a nice contrast to the Winchester's who i'd seen in other things prior. Jensen I'd seen in Smallville and Dark Angel, Jared i'm ashamed to say i saw in Gilmore girls (my sisters flatmate watches it all the time, and the novelty of seeing Sam Winchester arguing with Peter Patrelli is yet to wear off) and Cheaper By The Dozen (where he bullies Clark Kent, the boy really is making his way through the superpowerd people aint he?) and then Jeffrey Dean Morgan i'd seen in LOADS of things prior to seeing him in Supernatural.

All good choices but I agree, an unknown would be fun.

Maybe Kripke will cast himself So when fans are angry with things or directions he takes when they should 'you're evil' he'll be like 'you know what, I am the devil'.....(wah wah wahhhhh)lol

Kripke as Lucifer...excellent.

Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast