No announcement yet.

Rosenbaum's Lex is NOT the REAL Lex Luthor

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wickedwango
    Lex in Requiem knew Clarks secret, he had a Kryptonite bomb and knew Clark couldn't go near Lana if she absordbed it.

I still think that is was the real Lex who died, but he cloned himself just before he found out Clarks secret and implanted his memories into the clone. So Lex can live on and so can the Lex/Clark development.
    Step 5a of my theory still allows for this:

Post your wildest theories, speculation, musings about what's going to happen on the show. ALL threads containing spoilers must be marked with the word SPOILER in the subject line.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Superman of Krypton
    Yep WW.

Injured Lex DID know Clark's secret.

He designed the Kryptonite bomb specifically so Lana would absorb it and Clark could never go near her.

It was the real Lex who died.
    I still don't believe that. I think Smallville's Lex would have to be super pathetic to be killed by Oliver or even be left alone if he was in such a state.
    Last edited by xrayvision; 06-02-2009, 08:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Why would Lex create a clone of himself that has the injuries he would have sustained from the Fortress accident?

Plus, that would negate the Prometheus Project; a project designed to rehabilitate Luthor from his injuries.

Lex was severely injured. That was him in the truck.

Not to mention Lex's words to Clark and Lana too (in Requiem) about how they ruined him and he wanted revenge; it couldn't have been anyone else in there.
      1. Didn't have to be a clone with matching injuries. Any Lex clone would work. All that was needed was DNA. The ring was icing on the cake!!!
      2. Prometheus Project wasn't for rehabilitation, Lex always wanted super powers
      3. You saw Lex........you saw the truck........you never saw Lex in the truck.
      4. If GA hadn't blown up the truck, Lex would have.........it was already rigged to blow. Toyman couldn't have stuffed enough explsives in the monkey's arse to make the truck blow up the way it did......it was already rigged to blow up. The monkey was only supposed to kill Oliver, not take out the whole hospital.
      5. If you're bold enough to tell Clark and Super Lana you want revenge.....then fail, You'd want them to find you DNA splattered all over and your ring to prove you were dead........or you'd be hunted forever.
      6. This wasn't the first time on SV a clone was used to fake an apparent death!!!!!!
      7.Lex is waiting to return when the time is right.
      8.If Clark had any of his superpowers left when the FOS started to crumble......the Boy Scout would have grabbed Lex and super speeded him to safety.
      Last edited by jpfort1957; 06-02-2009, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jpfort1957
        1. Didn't have to be a clone with matching injuries. Any Lex clone would work. All that was needed was DNA. The ring was icing on the cake!!!
        2. Prometheus Project wasn't for rehabilitation, Lex always wanted super powers
        3. You saw Lex........you saw the truck........you never saw Lex in the truck.
        4. If GA hadn't blown up the truck, Lex would have.........it was already rigged to blow. Toyman couldn't have stuffed enough explsives in the monkey's arse to make the truck blow up the way it did......it was already rigged to blow up. The monkey was only supposed to kill Oliver, not take out the whole hospital.
        5. If you're bold enough to tell Clark and Super Lana you want revenge.....then fail, You'd want them to find you DNA splattered all over and your ring to prove you were dead........or you'd be hunted forever.
        6. This wasn't the first time on SV a clone was used to fake an apparent death!!!!!!
        7.Lex is waiting to return when the time is right.

No, watch the scene again.

It shows the injured Lex in the chair of the truck with his eyes opening in shock just as fire sparked out and the truck explodes.

The same chair is seen in the wreckage as Clark is exploring the mess.

The real injured Lex was in that truck when it exploded. Lex is dead.

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by xrayvision
        I still don't believe that. I think Smallville's Lex would have to be super pathetic to be killed by Oliver or even be left alone if he was in such a state.
        This is Smallville.

Did you miss how super pathetic Rosenbaum's final scene as Lex was in the S7 finale?

How super pathetic the revelation and confrontation in the fortress was?

How super pathetic the Doomsday 'fight' was?

The list goes on.

It's very characteristic of TPTB to kill off Lex in this manner (especially with the actor off the show).

Plus it lines up with DC to have a Lex cloned from the remains of Rosenbaum's Lex someday that has no memories of Clark in SV or knows of his secret.

It's the same situation as Jimmy.

----- Added 9 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Vergon6
        But remember, Lex had the ability to transplant memories into clones. So I think it's possible that the Lex that died was a clone.
        But why would Lex clone an injured version of himself in the Season 8 finale after finding out Clark's secret?

It doesn't add up.

Lex was committed to head to the Fortress immediately after Brainiac/Kara told him the truth about Clark.
        Last edited by Superman of Krypton; 06-02-2009, 09:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

The Only Reason to Assume Lex maybe Dead

When Lex had the Toyman try and kill Oliver Queen at the board meeting, it was thought that Tess would also be there. Lex wanted them both dead. When Toyman reported back to Lex that Queen survived and Tess didn't make it to the meeting, he sent Toyman to drop off the monkey bomb. Oliver used the monkey bomb to blow up the truck where Lex was supposed to be.

The only reson to assume Lex Luthor maybe dead.............is the fact that Oliver and Tess still live. But, then again, never assume anything with Lex Luthor!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Last edited by jpfort1957; 06-02-2009, 10:23 PM.

Comment

You need to rewatch the episode:

Clana scene from Smallville episode Requiem

Lex is in the truck. Watch has the room lights up and his eyes open in shock as the truck blows up around him.

Notice the chair Lex is strapped to, with the breathing equiptment.

Now see the same chair in the wreckage as Clark examines the debris:

The last scene of the 14th episode of Smallville Season 8.Lex Luthor die. Oliver Queen killed him with a toybomb created by a crazy man, who worked for Lex.A...

(The body was obviously removed since the Police took Lex's remains and identified them)

The evidence is overwhemling that Lex was murdered there.

This convoluted clone theories are too far fetched and ridiculously complex; the exposition for it, itself, to fill the plotholes would require alot of explanation.

I think you're giving the showrunners too much credit.

Comment

This is Smallville.

Did you miss how super pathetic Rosenbaum's final scene as Lex was in the S7 finale?

How super pathetic the revelation and confrontation in the fortress was?

How super pathetic the Doomsday 'fight' was?

The list goes on.

It's very characteristic of TPTB to kill off Lex in this manner (especially with the actor off the show).
              Well, you have a point there. I still think there's a lot more than meets the eye. I'm still sure that the real Lex was not killed in that truck. The theory I pointed out may be true. My other theory about there being 2 Olivers (where one of the Olivers is Lex after having Zatanna's father did the same thing to him that Zatanna did to Chloe) is still possible. That would be a brilliant way of bringing Lex back. I noticed many of the mannerisms of the Oliver that we saw in Doomsday to be Lex's, especially after Clark announced to the rest of the team that Oliver killed Lex. The way he turned around and his expression was the exact same expression that Michael had as Lex. I mean exact to the T. Lex did have John Zatara's spellbook in his possession. It's very possible he killed him & bought his book at the auction to further explore the power of magic or to prevent a reversal of the spell. Oliver's behavior in Hex seemed different than his behavior in Requiem and his behavior later on. It's possible that Hex had the real Oliver while the Lex-Oliver was in Requiem, Beast, Injustice & Doomsday, posing as the real Oliver & the Green Arrow while learning all the secrets of the JLA & Clark. I always thought he was too keen on holding onto that green-k ring, especially in Requiem. Lex had no time to make that ring before he disappeared. He found out Clark's secret in Arctic. The only way Lex found out about the kryptonite hurting Clark is if he was observing him without Clark noticing. And parading around as Oliver would certainly be that way. I also pointed out how strange it was that he jumped into bed in Injustice after being on a mission to retrieve the black-k. I know Oliver is a playboy, but still, someone like him who could take out the entire mansion staff with his arrows wouldn't be that stupid. I still think that the real Oliver was the one in bed while Lex was dressed up as the Green Arrow.

I know this is all wishful thinking, but it's still entirely possible. It would be the most brilliant way of bringing Lex back and showing how badass he is. Becoming another Oliver Queen would totally be a move that the real Lex of the comics would do to feed his insatiable appetite for knowledge. It would finally put Smallville's Lex on par with his counterpart.

Plus it lines up with DC to have a Lex cloned from the remains of Rosenbaum's Lex someday that has no memories of Clark in SV or knows of his secret.
              No I completely disagree. The Lex in the comics was cloned as a result of getting cancer due to wearing the ring & overexposing himself to kryptonite. We haven't even seen this Lex wear the ring (except for evil Lex in Onyx), so cloning him now would be against the mythos. In the comics, his brain was transplanted in the clone's body so that Lex retained all his original memories and would still be Lex Luthor I. A cloned Lex here would be a whole new Lex. Therefore, if the real Lex is dead, then Lex Luthor II is the one who will face off against Superman in Smallville's universe. And this goes against the cave legend. No...I'm saying Tess was wrong because the cave legend was proven correct in Talisman. Lex lives on, is Sageeth & will live on to be Clark's greatest enemy. Otherwise the Starblade would not have crumbled & instead would have crumbled by the touch of the clone Lex (Lex Luthor II).

It's the same situation as Jimmy.
              I disagree here too. The only reason they had Jimmy find out the secret is because they knew they would kill him off. And DC did not mandate it because if they had a problem with Jimmy's age, they would have put a restriction on him just like they placed so many other restrictions on Clark, flight, Tom wearing the S on his chest, all those Lois restrictions that existed prior to Superman Returns, Bruce Wayne, Wonder Woman, Flash, and so many other things. All these restrictions tell me that DC wasn't irresponsible enough to allow Jimmy on the show only to force him to be killed. Instead, like many pointed out, it's clear that the show is in dire straits when it comes to the budget. It's clear that they want to pimp out the JLA & turn the show into a JLA show based on the fact they killed Jimmy, introduced the Watchtower set, and how they didn't kill Chloe off (because they want to appease to Chloe fans). It's clear that they want to make more space for JLA characters and put less focus on core Superman characters like Lois & Jimmy (who's now dead) and Superman settings like the Daily Planet.

On top of all this, they had a Jimmy Olsen special in season 7's DVD set, lining up Aaron Ashmore's Jimmy to all the other Jimmy's of the films & TV series. They wouldn't have bothered doing this if they knew AA's Jimmy wasn't the real deal. That was just a pea-brained idea at the last minute by the idiots in charge now like the majority of the 2nd half of season 8 has been. Nothing will convince me that this was the plan ever since they brought him in season 6. An age difference doesn't mean jack when the central character of the show doesn't even come close to resembling the iconic hero of the comics who also happens to be DC's greatest hero. If anything or anyone should be killed off or retconned, it should be Clark. There's no way DC ordered the killing of Jimmy while at the same time allowing this version of Superman's coming of age to have a tragic & dark origin like Batman---something Superman is clearly not supposed to have. The Clark in this show more resembles an emotional version of Superboy Prime than he does the real Clark Kent/Superman of the comics.

Comment

You're taking my Lex comment out of context though.

When I said align with DC Superman mythology, I meant so Lex doesn't know Clark Kent intimately, doesn't know his secret, and wouldn't recognize him as Superman.

This alignment with mythology was the PS3's official excuse for killing off Jimmy (and they blamed it on DC having an issue with the character being older than he should [check the Aaron Ashmore interview from after the finale aired])

Two Olivers? Lex as Oliver?

Dude, your theories are just reaching..

In all reality, TPTB will likely ditch most of the storylines from this season and play up new ones in S9 (as they always do). They have a selective memory.. too much to pull off something as intricate as what your proposing.

The exposition for it itself would be ridiculously convoluted.

But your ideas are wishful thinking. They just aren't likely.

They're work-arounds to explain the showrunner's poor decisions; like killing Lex.
                Last edited by Superman of Krypton; 06-03-2009, 12:21 AM.

Comment

They'll probably just give Lex a mindwipe... Smallville's writers are known for selling out like that.

Comment

I can picture a similar outcome without cloning: we have never seen the real Lex on SV. The man whose life we followed for 7 seasons was an alternate Lex from another universe (Earth-Three perhaps). At some point in the past (most likely during the first meteor shower), some sort of "Crisis" ( ) happened and the two Lex's exchanged places although they themselves were not aware of it (maybe Lionel had something to do with it). Thus, it is the alternate Lex who died and is now a ghost. The real Lex is probably still lost in the other universe. He will figure out the situation and, in his usual Lex-like manner, find a way to return. One thing though: time does not flow at the same space in both worlds. The real Lex has lived longer on Earth-Three than the alternate Lex on SV-verse. By the time he finally returns to SV-verse, he will be around 20 years older than Clark.

The other Lex, whose life we have followed for so long, will be a ghost haunting Clark's barn. Perhaps some day he will make a deal with a demon and make his own return.

Comment

Superman of Krypton, you talk like you have an inside intelligence from the writers of Smallville themselves...
                      There would be no point in mentioning the Prometheus project without some relation to Lex's clone. It's quite possible that Lex's clone was the one in the FOS who was injured.
                      Another option could be what jpfort1957 stated...

Calling a bald dude Lex for 7 years and summing it all to a random human being, and not the Lex Luthor, has no point and the show becomes flawed. Very flawed.

Comment

You're taking my Lex comment out of context though.

When I said align with DC Superman mythology, I meant so Lex doesn't know Clark Kent intimately, doesn't know his secret, and wouldn't recognize him as Superman.
                        I believe he currently does know that Clark is Superman in the comics. I know for the most of the mythology in terms of time (the last 70 years) Lex doesn't know it, but the fact that he does now means they could leave Lex off with the knowledge. Giving him a total mind wipe of his existence in Smallville would be the instant death of the show. It would piss off way too many fans.

This alignment with mythology was the PS3's official excuse for killing off Jimmy (and they blamed it on DC having an issue with the character being older than he should [check the Aaron Ashmore interview from after the finale aired])
                        I know it's their excuse, but I don't believe it for a second. DC put way too many restrictions on them on so many other characters to allow them to have Jimmy and then change their mind later on. There's too much evidence. DC is a responsible company that wouldn't allow something one minute & change their minds 3 years later when they knew the age difference the moment the Smallville showrunners at the time approached them for permission. They wouldn't allow a season 7 DVD feature of having Ashmore's Jimmy be added to the history of Jimmy Olsens in films & TV series if he wasn't the real Jimmy. That may be their excuse, but this is a pea-brained scheme they pulled off at the last second to save money from the budget & at the same time create some shock which they thought would boost ratings.

Two Olivers? Lex as Oliver?

Dude, your theories are just reaching..
                        Well, if they had smart writers, they could pull it off. It would be incredibly awesome seeing Zatanna's family pulled into Lex's plan while have him be there in the background without the viewers knowing about it until later (like they did with Bizarro in Gemini).

In all reality, TPTB will likely ditch most of the storylines from this season and play up new ones in S9 (as they always do). They have a selective memory.. too much to pull off something as intricate as what your proposing.

The exposition for it itself would be ridiculously convoluted.
                        I agree. I think the same selective memory is what made Eternal ridiculous & why we'll never find out what the hell that orb is and why it did what it did. It's a shame given how good the writing on this show (continuity-wise) had been in the past, especially with Lex's family and how they went 6 or maybe 7 and a half seasons without making any plotholes. The main problem was the writing of Chloe's history, but I was able to overlook that.

But your ideas are wishful thinking. They just aren't likely.

They're work-arounds to explain the showrunner's poor decisions; like killing Lex.
                        I agree here too. They're possible writing-wise given the circumstances of season 8, just not likely because the writers and showrunners are into the more mundane plot elements to pull something like this off. If they had smart writers like in the earlier seasons, they could pull it off without being convoluted, but now...no way.

In the end, I think Lex will be lightswitched if Michael appears in the series finale. Instead of having an awesome, developed story where Lex's return is done in steps like my Lex-as-Oliver theory provides, he will just show up with some bulls--t excuse for his return.

Comment

Lex will be back. I think that he was killed in Smallville but you know how they like to time travel so at the end of the series someone will go back in time and save Lex from death and take him to the future so he can go on and be Superman's nemises...Clones age too fast and isn't a good option.

Comment

Originally posted by e-µ-i
                            Calling a bald dude Lex for 7 years and summing it all to a random human being, and not the Lex Luthor, has no point and the show becomes flawed. Very flawed.
                            I agree. But the thing is they did it to Jimmy. Though Jimmy wasn't there for 7 years, he was for 3 years and his character did not deserve the disrespect it got.

With the disrespect they showed Jimmy's character, they can easily pull out a brand new Lex who we never saw in the series finale when it will be too late for complaints to hurt the show.

From Doomsday, it's obvious to me that these showrunners have no respect for someone else's (DC's) characters they are writing and have no pride for the show or their work. Instead, the only respect they give is to the character made up for the show by their predecessors (Chloe) and perhaps Lana and they're just doing the show to get a paycheck and could care less what the fans think. Because anyone who cares what the fans think would never have released the garbage that was Doomsday for airing.

Comment

Don't give them any ideas. It was a clone of lex that ollie killed and it better stay that way that said when the series is over they do need an explanation why lex only goes after superman and not clark kent when he knows the secret.

Comment

Originally posted by krpto
                                they do need an explanation why lex only goes after superman and not clark kent when he knows the secret.
                                They could give the same explanation as the current comics do since he knows that Clark is Superman currently. Perhaps they can attribute it to some kind of mutual respect between the 2 after everything that happened. Or that knowledge of Clark's secret is power to Lex and exposing him would not benefit Lex, especially since Clark/Superman has always been useful to Lex.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎