Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your theory gives me chills!

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
      You know, in the comics, Lex Luthor faked his own death and had his brain transplanted into the body of a younger clone (that had a full head, of red hair and beard), that was passed off as Lex Luthor, Jr. the unknown, illegitimate 21-year-old son and heir of Lex Luthor, Sr.

Now, Smallville's Lex Luthor was far too young, to have an adult son. However... Lionel wasn't. Lionel did have at least one, illegitimate son (Lucas Dunlevy). So, it wouldn't be that difficult to sell the idea, that Lionel might've had a second, illegitimate son, that nobody's heard off prior, to him showing up in Metropolis to claim his birthright. They could introduce him, as a young buisnessman and CEO of an up-and-coming corporation, then only called L-Corp, that comes to Metropolis (in the middle of season 10) and starts buying various Luthorcorp companies. A possible name, for the character could be; Alexei Thorul (a fusion of the Earth-Two Luthor's first name and the last name, that the Earth-One Lex Luthor's family changed their name to, after he went evil. "Alexei" would also allow, for the character to be nicknamed "Lex"). He'd be a young man, in his early 20's (about Clark's age), with a full head of red hair and beard. And around episodes 17 or 18, "Alexei" reveals to the world, that his biological father was Lionel Luthor, who had an affair with Alexei's mother, a little over 20 years ago and that he's the half-brother of the deceased Lex Luthor (and naturally, "Alexei" then legally changes his last name, to "Alexei Luthor" and L-Corp's name to Lexcorp (after both his dead half-brother's and his own, nickname)). And in the next few episodes, Clark begins to realize that "Alexei" is really Lex (having had his brain or consciousness (think Clark and Lionel, in Transference) transplanted, into the body, of a younger clone. And left everyone thinking, that he died, in the truck explosion). Which then leads to a violent confrontation, between the two and Alexei/Lex later having all knowledge about Clark's (along with Kara's and Bart's) erased from his mind. Then, the arc concludes with the revelation, that Luthorcorp Plaza's to be demolished (to make way, for the new headquaters, for Lexcorp), the various companies that made up Luthorcorp have either been bought up by Lexcorp or integraded into Queen Industries (Tess Mercer could be brutally murdered, shortly before anyone finds out about Alexei Thorul's connection to the Luthor family. Thus resolving her character arc, while also adding a mystery to the story (before Alexei's revealed to everyone as a Luthor and revealed to be, Lex Luthor to Clark); "Who killed Tess Mercer?").
      Originally posted by Ron_Who
      Your theory gives me chills!
      haha i agree! but the theory is amazing!

Comment

The Lex who died's real name is henry lex luthor and his younger cousin is the one from the mythos. problem solved.

Comment

After watching Lazarus, I 100% believe the Lex killed in Requiem was a clone.I believe the real Lex has been fine, not injured, the entire time. Clark was fine after the fall of the FoS, why would Lex be injured? i think after Lex's disappearance an Lx clone stepped in and took over pretending to be Lex, even to Reagan. I believe Prometheus being his last "lifeline" was a lie that Lx told everyone because he wanted superpowers. Lex Luthor started Prometheus in the first place as only a super-suit. There is no proof that a suit like that wouldn've healed the bodily wounds he was said to have. So a Lx died in Requiem, thus how they found Lex's DNA. I agree with xray and jpfort. he's Lex Luthor...he doesnt hang out alone in the back of trucks... Lana used a clone to fake her death years ago, they were sure it was her then too, there was DNA, but they were totally wrong. MR's Lex is completely alive and well, and we've been dealing with Lx #'s for years.

----- Added 5 Minutes later -----

Also, Lex has never been as bold as he was in Requiem or Lazarus. His clones seem to be much more into taking immediate and harsh action than he is, since they know they are clones and feel the need to compensate and earn the name Lex Luthor. There are many similarities with the two episodes and i think the writers did this on purpose to cover their asses.

----- Added 22 Minutes later -----

The whole Requiem scene was very non-personal...then Lex just sits there and lets Clark and Lana talk it over and kiss... definitely not our Lex Luthor..
          Last edited by ronocd; 09-26-2010, 01:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

The whole Requiem scene was very non-personal...then Lex just sits there and lets Clark and Lana talk it over and kiss... definitely not our Lex Luthor..

Comment

No way, man. Rosenbaum's Lex Luthor is THE REAL Lex. If not, I am done with the show.

Comment

i agree

Comment

Clone theories are not so convoluted or unrealistic.

Option 1: Lana used her own 33.1 clone to fake her own death. Why couldn't Lex have done the same thing? All he had to do was lead Oliver to believe that the truck held the real Lex Luthor. The fact that we saw a Lex Luthor being blown up then becomes irrelevant.

Option 2: Now even if the real Lex was murdered by Ollie, we now know that there were many Lex clones at Cadmus Labs, a perfect one may have escaped or been released before the lab was destroyed, with those remaining merely being kept as 'spare parts'. Now he is scheming and plotting his triumphant return, perhaps minus the memories of Clark's secret??

Option 3: Alternatively, a side effect of cloning is rapid aging, so it is conceivable that during the course of Season 10 the little boy Alexander found by Tess will mature into a full grown 'perfect' Lex. You can decide for your self what he ought to remember from the real Lex's life... Clark's secret?...That he killed his father?...

Personally, I prefer the little Alexander option.

Comment

Originally posted by Komsomolets
                    Personally, I prefer the little Alexander option.
                    This seems more likely to me than anything else. What other point would it serve to have Alexander remain, and be deliberately shown with Tess? After all, if it's Tess taking care of him, it's perfectly conceivable that he'll turn out to be a twisted, evil villain too. Lol. Plus, with little Alexander, it could be argued that he doesn't have all of the past memories of the original Lex, and thus does not know Clark's identity. Why would a little boy have the memories of his adult self? Maybe they'll develop and be 'unlocked' as he matures and ages?

Comment

As much as I like Rosembaum as Lex I don't think the writers did that good of a job writing him. We wasn't the force of presense he should have been. Lex should have always thought himself a superior to others and being elegant...almost like Lionel was...drink/dress fancy...listen to classical music.

I'd hope they'd portrayed Lex like a mix of a machiavellistic genious and a mad scientist. Now we just see a misguided humanitarian...I know Lex always talks about how he will make the world a better place if only Superman wasn't there to stop him...but I just think they made the viewer connect to Lex more than what was needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman of Krypton
                        I think it's very likely the series finale will give us a Lex Luthor cloned
                        Are you psychic?

Comment

Originally posted by BoyScout-ManOfTomorrow
                          As much as I like Rosembaum as Lex I don't think the writers did that good of a job writing him. We wasn't the force of presense he should have been. Lex should have always thought himself a superior to others and being elegant...almost like Lionel was...drink/dress fancy...listen to classical music.

I'd hope they'd portrayed Lex like a mix of a Machiavellian genius and a mad scientist. Now we just see a misguided humanitarian...I know Lex always talks about how he will make the world a better place if only Superman wasn't there to stop him...but I just think they made the viewer connect to Lex more than what was needed.
                          I actually liked the misguided humanitarian version. In today's world the greatest villains are the ones who do horrible things but justify it by saying it's for the greater good of everyone. Slippery slope and all that jazz. The path to hell is paved with good intentions, after all.

But yeah, they should had shown more of his egoistical genius/mad scientist side.... of course CW loves to have everyone in the show pass around the idiot ball for the sake of drama, and there was a few instances where Lex was left holding the idiot ball. *sighs* So naturally Lex never really came off as being the genius he was supposed to be.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎