No announcement yet.

Tempus

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapter Two: And I Still Can’t Find What I’m Looking For

After a trip around the globe, Callie came up with nothing, but she wasn’t giving up yet. However, she was exhausted. As the sun began to rise, she walked through the front door of the Kent house and found Clark sitting on the couch with his infamous blue T-shirt on.

“Where did you go?” He asked semi-worried, but staring straight ahead instead of looking at her.

“Gee, it sounds like you were worried about me. Huh, I didn’t think that was possible. Though, if you must know, I was looking for someone. They went missing after the whole Doomsday fiasco.”

His eyes shot up to hers. ‘Hmm, I struck a chord. At least he’s not all dead inside.’
    “You lost someone that day?”

“She’s missing,” Callie said enunciating the word ‘missing’. She then continued saying, “but I firmly believe she’ll turn up. She has to.”

She saw him get a sad look on his face and his eyes diverted to the floor. “I’m sorry.” He said.

“It’s not your fault.”

He nodded slightly and rose from the couch. He silently moved out of the room, cold and distant again.

Then it clicked in her head. He blamed himself. The whole Doomsday thing, Lois missing, he blamed himself. Before she could open her mouth to say something, there was a knock at the door. Since Clark didn’t seem to want to be bothered with it so she decided to answer it.

“Don’t worry I’ll get it.” She whispered sarcastically to herself.

She opened the door to reveal a short blond woman. ‘Chloe Sullivan’ Callie thought automatically.

She could tell by the look on Chloe’s face that she was surprised to find her answering the door. “Uh, hi. I’m looking for Clark.”

“Broody McGee just left the room.”

Chloe smiled friendly at her and introduced herself. “I’m Chloe.”

“Callie.”

“So you know Clark?” She asked eyeing Callie.

“We sort of met yesterday. He’s helping me out.”

Chloe’s eyes sparkled. “He’s helping? Like actually caring?”

“Yeah, well he sort of seemed worried when I snuck out last night…”

“Wow. That’s…that’s great!” She said smiling brightly.

Callie could tell that Chloe was way too happy that Clark was helping someone. How long had he been Mr. Stone Cold?

“Not to put a damper on your mood, but he’s still pretty closed off.”

“Yeah, but some improvement is better than no improvement.”

Callie nodded understanding what she meant.

“What are you doing here?” Clark asked in his monotone voice as he was coming into the living room.

“I know it’s really early, but I hadn’t heard from you in a while and I wanted to see how you were. I also have something for you, from Oliver.” She said, clutching a manila envelope.

“I’m fine and I don’t need anything from Oliver. You can go now.”

Callie was taken aback. She turned to Chloe and she could see the hurt look on her face and she felt compelled to say something. Who was this guy?

“Someone needs an attitude check.” She said loud enough for him to hear.

“Excuse me?” He asked.

“Chloe came over here because she cares about you. Cares. Do you need Webster to define it for you?”

“You have no idea what you’re talking about, so stay out of it.”

“Sure I don’t. I’ve known you for like, what, 2.5 seconds and I’ve already got you pegged.”

“Really, I’d love to hear this.” He said, folding his arms again.

“You care a lot about people and about helping them, but something bad happened and maybe someone got hurt and you blame yourself. So you close yourself off, wear you’re ‘I’m angry at the world’ outfits, and totally go back on everything you once believed in.” She turned to Chloe. “You know him. How did I do?”

Chloe’s mouth opened, closed and then opened again. “Pretty good.”

Callie looked at Clark. The flicker in his eye was back. His only response, though, was to turn around and leave.

“Yeah, do what you do best now, walk away.”

That stopped him in his tracks. He turned around slowly. “You don’t know me. Get out and take Chloe with you.” He said with anger.

“Awesome.” Callie said as headed for the door. Before she left she turned around and said, “You know, I really pity anyone out there hoping that you’ll come and rescue them because you’re no hero, you’re a coward.”

Callie closed the door behind her following Chloe down the steps.

“You know that was pretty good for someone who has only known Clark for, how long was it, 2.5 seconds.”

“What can I say, I can read people.”

“Yeah.” Chloe said, her mind trailing off somewhere.

“You okay?”

“Yeah, it’s just, the way you talked to him, it reminded me of someone.”

“Oh.”

They walked in silence as they walked down the driveway until Chloe finally turned to Callie, stopping her.

“I hope I’m not prying, but what exactly was Clark helping you with?”

Instead of verbally telling her she pointed to the gaping hole in the barn’s roof.

“A hole in the roof? Why would he be helping you with that?”

“Well, because I sort of did it.”

She could tell by Chloe’s face that she still wasn’t getting it.

“I fell through the roof of the barn and Clark found me yesterday. I then ran away and when I had no place else to go I was sort of drawn back here and that’s when Clark caught me on the premises.”

“What exactly caused you to fall through the roof of the barn? I’m assuming this isn’t a sky diving lesson gone wrong, right?”

“This is going to sound crazy, but it was some flying mystery woman who glows green and likes to give me a headache.”

“You don’t know who she is?”

“Nope, hence the whole Clark helping me thing.”

“Huh. So where do you live?”

“That’s a bit complicated.” Callie said beginning to walk down the driveway again.

“Really?” Chloe asked catching up her.

“Yeah, look, it was nice talking to you, but I have something I have to do. Maybe I’ll see you around.”

“I can give you a ride.” Chloe offered.

“No thanks.”

“Okay. Look, with the way that Clark has been acting, if you need any help, you can find me at the Talon in town.” Chloe said as she got into her car and drove away.

Once Callie saw she was out of eyesight she sped to the Daily Planet. She really didn’t know why she was there but it was as if something was calling out to her. She walked the stairs down into the basement and viewed the hustle and bustle of the bull pen. She smiled remembering many experiences like this, but on a different floor. Not exactly knowing what she was looking for she figured she’d start with what she did know. Clark and Lois worked across from each other at the Daily Planet in the basement in 2009 and when it came to being a reporter, Lois was a workaholic. If there was any place she would have been the day she was missing, it was the Daily Planet.

Okay, time to put on the investigative reporter cap’ Callie thought to herself. ‘Rule number three, ‘Do whatever it takes to get the story’ and right now that story is ‘Where is Lois Lane?’.’

As she walked up to Lois’ desk, she saw some else sitting there.

“Excuse me, but I thought this was Lois Lane’s desk.”

The man turned to her and said, “It was, but I was assigned to it. Can I help you?”
    Callie shook her head ‘no’ and looked to the desk that was supposed to be Clark’s. She frowned when she noticed his name plate wasn’t there. As she turned to leave a security camera at the elevators caught her eye. If Lois had been at the Daily Planet then it would have been caught on video. She quickly made her way to the elevator and to the security desk. She looked around and when she saw the coast was clear she sped in and got the footage of the day she needed.

However, instead of leaving quickly she hid the video in an empty bag she found, got into the elevator, and punched in familiar numbers. She closed her eyes and waited patiently for the doors to ‘ding’ and open up. When they did she opened her eyes and stepped out. She watched all the people working and rushing to get things done. She smiled as her eyes landed on two very familiar desks.

Not that the elevator was a time machine, but she was really hoping to see the two people she needed the most at the moment come out of the Editor’s office and sit down across from each other. As an alternative, she found two completely strangers there. She sighed sadly and stood there for a bit. Luckily nobody even noticed she was there. When she felt composed enough she got back into the elevator and went down to the lobby. She needed to focus on the footage she had in her possession. She quickly exited the building, but now that she had the video she needed to figure out where she was going to view it.

She couldn’t just go and get equipment; she didn’t even know what equipment to really get. She was from a different time, everything in 2009 seemed ancient to what she was used to. She thought about going back into the Daily Planet and finding some tech whiz-kid to help her, but there was no guarantee she could use her skills of persuasion without any questions asked. Plus, she couldn’t say that she knew anybody who worked there to back up her story. Looking up at all the buildings in the city she found her answer: the Watchtower. She kicked herself for not thinking of it before. Super-speeding in she saw a bunch of equipment piled up, obviously Justice League related.

“How did you know about this place?” She heard Chloe’s voice say behind her, surprised to see her.

Callie turned around and shrugged. “Look, I know you don’t know anything about me and you have no reason to trust me, but I…I…” Callie sighed, “It’s just so complicated. I kind just need you to trust me.”

Chloe eyed what Callie was holding. “What’s that?”

“It’s security footage of the basement of the Daily Planet on Doomsday.”

“Why do you have that?”

“Because I’m looking for Lois Lane.” She said with conviction.

Chloe’s eyes widened. “Why?”

Callie didn’t want to tell her the true reason why so she tried to work her answer around it. “I know that she went missing on Doomsday and I know that Clark worked across from her. I think that if we can find her and make sure that she’s okay that Clark won’t blame himself as much. Maybe he’ll, I don’t know, wake up.”

Chloe scoffed. “That’s asking a lot from just finding Lois.”

“Believe me. She has a certain affect on him.”

“How do you even know that?” Chloe asked. Callie made a face indicating she couldn’t say. “Right, right, it’s complicated.”

“I think she was at the Daily Planet, so if we can find the footage, I think we may be able to find at least what happened.”

“Hate to break it to you, but I’ve been through the footage. There’s nothing there, I’ve already looked. A giant gap of time is missing from the tape.”

“So, wait, if pieces of video are missing, shouldn’t that set off alarms? Obviously someone tampered with it. I think we should look at it anyway. Maybe someone missed something.”

“Okay.” Chloe said. By the way her voice sounded, she didn’t believe they were going to find anything.

Chloe cued up the tape. As she went through it frame by frame they saw that Lois was indeed at the Daily Planet, since there was footage of her at the elevators. However, right before the video cut out Callie noticed something, rather someone.

“Wait! Go back to that last frame, the one at the doorframe, by the windows.” Callie got closer to the screen and looked at the angle. “There’s a reflection. Can you zoom in?”

“I can try.” Chloe said as she used her computer tech skills. “Good eye.” She held her breath as the picture came in clearer. “Tess Mercer,” she breathed out as she quickly printed the image.

“Where can I find her?” Callie said getting ready to leave as she took the photo from the printer.

“Look, we don’t for sure that she’s connected to Lois’ disappearance, I mean she has many reasons for being at the Planet. Besides, she may be a bit more dangerous than you can handle. The reason I came to Clark’s this morning was that I wanted to give him something that potentially has something to do with Tess.”

Chloe pulled out the manila envelope she had with her this morning. “I don’t why I’m showing you this, but something tells me I should.” She handed it to Callie.

Callie opened it up and pulled out satellite photos. “What are these?”

“Satellite photos of the Luthor Mansion after Doomsday. Skip to the last one.”

Callie pulled out the last photo. “Oh my god.” It was a symbol etched in the grass.

Surprised, Chloe asked “Do you know what that means?”

Callie looked up at Chloe worried. “That’s the symbol for Zod.”

“How do you--? You know what,” She began, putting her hands in the air like she was surrendering, “Clark’s not talking to me, but you have a chance. He needs to know about this. He’s the only one who can defeat him.” Chloe pleaded.

Callie put the photos back in the envelope. “I’ll get them to him immediately.” As Callie was about to walk away Chloe asked her to wait. She went over to the corner and pulled a sheet off a box. She lifted it up and brought it over to Callie.

“This is Lois’ stuff from the Daily Planet. I don’t know why you’re looking for her, but maybe something in here will help you. I’ve been through it all, but perhaps you’ll see something I didn’t. I haven’t been in the best state of mind since everything happened. Hopefully you’ll catch something I didn’t.”

“Thank you, Chloe. You don’t know how much this means to me.”

“Yeah, I do. Any way, if you need me, you obviously know where you can find me.” She said, her eyes darting from one side of the room to the other and then smiling, indicating that Callie would fine her in the Watchtower.

“Um, not that I don’t appreciate this, and I’m probably shooting myself in the foot for even asking this, but, why are you so quick to trust me? I mean it’s not just you, but even Clark, it’s all no questions asked with you guys.”

“Honestly, there’s something about you, that, I don’t know, I feel like I know you somehow. Besides, I’ve been down the whole ‘I can’t tell you now/I have secrets’ road before. I know how it works and in the end, it usually means something good.”

Callie smirked. “Thanks again.”

“Any time.” She said as Callie left.

<*>

Callie sped back to the Kent farm. Gripping the photos and box in her hands she walked in the house and called Clark’s name, but there was no response. Looking throughout the whole farm Clark was nowhere to be found. ‘Well if he’s not here I guess it’s all up to me now.’ Skipping over the debris in the barn she settled in the loft. Spreading out the photos, the satellite images and the print out from the security camera, she joined them with contents of the box.

“This is all connected somehow, I just know it.”

After hours of examining all the objects she still came up with nothing. She wanted nothing more than to burst into the Luthor Mansion and search for more clues, but she knew better than that, she was taught better than that. She needed Clark. He already had an established relationship with Tess, if he could just come back she could give him all the evidence. However, he’s not the Clark she knows. What he might due with all this information was questionable.

Callie stared back at all the objects and picked up a black case. She opened it up to find nothing but an empty slot, like something you’d put a ring into. She shut it and threw it on the table. It was hopeless. She was kidding herself. She was nowhere near the kind of reporter Lois or even Clark was. She was a disappointment. How could she even think she could be a hero. Yes, she had powers, but who was she helping? She can’t get home to her time to help her family, and she can’t help Lois or Clark in this time. She placed her head in her hands. She shook her head almost like she was trying to shake the thoughts from her head.

“No, you can’t think like that.” She whispered to herself.

Frustrated she got up and walked around. She stumbled into a box marked “Kara”. Curious she opened it up to find clothes. She looked down at her own apparel to see that she hadn’t changed since the day before. Picking out a few garments she decided to take a break, have a nice long hot shower, and change into some new clothes. If Clark came home, then she’d tackle him with all the information she had gathered.

<*>

Moving all the things to the dining room table Callie was in the same position she was hours before, she still couldn’t find what she was looking for. Even after a nice hot shower and a change of clothes, she nowhere as rested as she hoped she’d be. Though, that was probably also attributed to the fact that she hadn’t slept. She glanced at the clock. Ten o’ clock. Still no Clark. She had found a police radio in the barn a couple hours before and had listened to certain crimes being handled by the time cops were on the scene, but there was no sign of the ‘Red-Blue Blur’, just assumptions that it could be him or some other ‘Good Samaritan’ hero. She assumed it was him but being very low key. Staring at all the things spread across the table, Callie’s eyes began to become heavy. Before she could stop herself she fell asleep.

Thanks for reading you guys!! I think I might change up the POV of the chapters every so often, so, next chapter will be Clark's POV.

Comment

this is great, i'm still a little confused as to who exactly callie is but i can't wait to find out, i have my suspicions but i can wait lol

ppms

Comment

Originally posted by Natty
        To the coat---- Of course it made an appearance! Dark Clark needs that dark trench coat that looks oh so nice on him

And to your question.... well, what fun would it be if I told you now? Although, I'm sure you can tell by the way I've tried to write her......

BTW: Thanks for the comment

Next chapter should be posted either later today or by tomorrow.
        oommg yay i coined Dark Clark! i was trying to work it lol but i thought it didnt catch on (or you might have just thought it up yourself - if so great minds think alike! )

anyway great update, im really interested to see what happens if clark and chloe find out who she really is and if she gets Lois back!
        cant wait - ppms!!!xx

Comment

This story is soo good!! I love it!! Please Continue!! PPMS!!

Comment

That is soO GOOD
            PPMS

Comment

Okay, this story is turning out to be greater than I originally thought. (Don't hold it against me!) Seriously, this is good stuff. Is Callie who I think she might be? But than, you don't know who I'm talking about, so you can't really answer, cause if...And I'm rambling. Okay, well. This story is great. You should update asap.

Comment

Great update

Comment

Ok, Callie is definitely their kid.. PPMS

Comment

ppms

Comment

Originally posted by RaniaLovesClois
                      Ok, Callie is definitely their kid.. PPMS
                      Oh Yeap she is so sweet and smooth and diplomatic when she is talking with Clark!!!! as HER MOTHER jajajajaaj LOIS LANE jajajaaj

Comment

Where are you?? We need an update.

Comment

Hey guys! The next chapter is finished so I'll try and get it up soon. Thanks for reading!!

Comment

I just want to thank everyone for reading, you guys are awesome!!

Chapter Three: Like a Nerf Ball to the Head

Clark entered the house and took off his trench coat. He felt weird about not wearing his red and blue, but with Clark Kent being dead, so was the Red-Blue Blur. Being the Red-Blue Blur wouldn’t be the same, not with her gone.

As he walked through the house he found Callie at the dining room table asleep. She was lying on top of a bunch of papers and objects he didn’t recognize. He wasn’t exactly surprised to see her. Even though they had fought this morning, he somehow knew she’d be back and it didn’t bother him like he thought it would. After what she said, he knew she wasn’t going to give up on him. That’s the way he used to be, the way he was starting to be again.

He knew he shouldn’t, but he felt something for her. He wasn’t quite sure what, but he couldn’t turn his back on her just like she wasn’t turning her back on him. He’d looked into her story but nothing had come up from her description, plus it didn’t help that she didn’t actually tell him where she was from in the first place. It was a mystery, but he was willing to solve it.

Taking the red blanket from the couch he draped it over Callie’s shoulders. “Night,” he whispered. He moved up the stairs and into his room. He collapsed on the bed and stared at the ceiling.

Every night he patrolled Metropolis, stopping crimes and being the hero he thought he should be, but something inside him didn’t feel right. It had been a month since Doomsday, since Jimmy died, since Lois went missing. It haunted him everyday, every night. Closing his eyes he pushed his thoughts out of his mind and concentrated on just getting some sleep.

Clark suddenly realized he was on the streets of Metropolis. Looking at his watch it read 11:58. He had to get to the phone booth. Lois would be there waiting for him and he knew it was time to reveal his secret to her. Speeding down the street he hid behind the nearest building and watched as she paced back and forth.
                            “It’s now or never,” he whispered to himself.

Speeding toward her he saw her hair fly in the air and how she suddenly looked around for him.

“Hello? Are you here?”

Clark put his back to the phone booth and said, in deep voice, “Miss Lane.”
                            Lois smiled as she turned around and saw his red jacket pressed against the back of the phone booth.

“You came! I honestly didn’t know if you would. I was hoping you would and know you’re here, and…” she took a deep breath to pace herself, “I’m rambling again. I really need to learn to stop doing that.”

Clark smiled to himself and said, “I think it’s cute.”

Lois’ smile widened. “You do?” She breathed, dipping her face down as she blushed a bit. “Look, I know this is probably really hard for you, but I promise, anything you say or anything I see, it’s strictly between us, totally off the record.”
                            “I appreciate that.”

“I mean, if you’re saying goodbye and all. I just—I just want to see the face of the person who has been keeping an eye on me.”

And with that Clark moved his back from the phone booth and walked around its corner, completely facing Lois.

“Smallville?” She said in disbelief. “What are you doing here? Where’s the Red-Blue Blur?”

“Lois… I’m the Red Blue Blur.”He said sincerely.

Lois let out a laugh. “Yeah, and I’m Cleopatra, Queen of the—whatever. Clark this isn’t funny. If he sees me with you he’s going to think that I’m betraying him or something.”

“Lois, I’m not kidding. I’m the Red-Blue Blur.”He insisted.

“Oh yeah, prove it.”

As Clark was about to answer, screams and the sound of glass shattering interrupted their conversation.

“Doomsday” Clark whispered.

Suddenly he saw him, the ugly creature that he was. The monster that created all the destruction before him. Picking up a car, Doomsday threw in his direction and directly towards Lois. Clark swiftly got in front of it, stopping it from hitting them.

Lois turned to Clark with wide eyes and her mouth gaped open. “I guess I should stop calling you ‘Smallville’.”

Clark pushed the car away from them and turned to Lois. “You have to get out of here.”

“But Clark… the letter…you said you weren’t as invincible as you thought.” Tear filled her eyes as she whispered to him, “I don’t want you to die.”

Looking back at Doomsday and then to Lois, he put his hands on Lois’ face and kissed her deeply. Forcing himself to pull away he locked eyes with her and said, “Go.”

The tears escaped her eyes as his hands fell from her face, but she obeyed and turned to run away.

Clark turned back to Doomsday. With a scowl on his face he sped towards him ready to fight, but with one rapid punch Doomsday sent him flying into a building.

“Clark!!” He heard Lois scream. Not only did he hear it, but it also caught Doomsday’s attention.

Seeing this Clark pushed the debris off of him and screamed “Lois!”

He sped out as fast as he could but Doomsday already had an unconscious Lois in his grasp. Clark wanted to use his heat vision but he couldn’t risk Doomsday using her as a shield. Then Clark saw it, Doomsday was about to kill her and he was powerless to stop it. It was like everything around him became slow and he couldn’t move or turn away. Doomsday lifted Lois above his head and---

Suddenly something hit Clark in the face, breaking him out of his dream. He opened his eyes to find Callie, floating in a sitting position at the edge of his bed holding a Nerf gun that he and Pete used to use as kids. He looked at his alarm clock. 4:30.

“Oh, good, you’re up.” She said casually, like she wasn’t aware at how early in the morning it was.

He should be furious with her, but, boy, did she have impeccable timing.
                            “What are you doing and how are you doing that?” He asked annoyed and puzzled.

Callie landed on her feet and pulled the covers off of him. “Time to get up.”

“Hey! What do you think you’re doing?”

“There’s something you need to see.”

“I think it can wait.” He said turning away from her in his bed.

“It’s about Lois.” She said softly.

Clark sprung up. “How do you know about her? Who are you?”

“I’m the person who’s looking for her and I have a lead. Now if you would so graciously follow me to the dining room where I embarrassingly fell asleep on the evidence, I can show you what I found out.”

Clark slowly got up eyeing her. He’d been searching for Lois for over a month, how does she appear out of thin air and get a lead on Lois’ whereabouts? Were his feelings getting in the way of his judgment again? Who was this girl? How did she even know Lois?

He followed her down the stairs and saw that all the objects he had seen before were organized on the table. He now noticed that the objects had come from Lois’ desk. He saw Callie pick up a photo and hand it to him.

“I talked to Chloe. She helped me get an image from the video I sort of smuggled out of the Daily Planet. It was all very Nixon-y with gaps in the tape, but we managed to find a reflection of someone before the video went out.”

Clark stared at the image. It was Tess Mercer. Granted there was no suspicious reason for her to be at the Planet, but with the way she had been acting toward him, she could definitely be involved in Lois’ disappearance somehow.

“But that’s not all.” Callie added, handing him another photo. “Chloe came here yesterday to give you that and it’s not good. It’s a satellite photo of the Luthor Mansion.”

Clark took the next photo and was stunned. “Zod.” He whispered.

Maybe Tess was more involved than he thought.

Clark looked up at Callie. “What do you know?”

“I know Zod’s a bad guy. And, I know you defeated him last time, so, if Tess is involved with not only this but also Lois, it’s not really looking good in our favor.”

Our favor?” he asked raising his eyebrows to her.

“Yeah, you and me.” She smiled.

“I don’t think so.” He said moving from the table.

She followed and began to argue. “Oh come on. I have powers, you have powers, put them together and what do you get? Two super people who can stop the big baddie.”

“Look. I don’t want to get you involved. This is my job.” He said, not wanting to discuss it any further.

Suddenly, she looked at him strange.

“Unbelievable.” She whispered. Recovering from whatever it was he said to make her stunned, she said, “If we work together we can stop Zod, and everyone you care about can be safe.”

“I don’t care about anyone right now, that’s the plan.” He said, thinking about everything that had happened.

“What does that mean? How can you not care, especially when you just found out Zod, your enemy, could be coming, or worse, could already be here!”

“The side that makes decisions based on emotion, that’s my enemy.” He said in a low voice with his head down.

“Oh, so you’re blaming your emotions now, huh? Emotions make you into the person you are. They make you into the hero you could be.” Callie said stepping toward him.

No,” He said, lifting his head up. “They’re what’s stopping me from being the hero I could be.”

Whatever, it’s a stupid plan.” She said turning away from him and back to the table.

“It’s what the world needs now!” He shouted.

He saw her clench her fist. She whirled herself around and used her pointer finger on her other hand to start poking him in the chest as she spoke. “What the world needsis for you to snap out of it and get a grip on reality. Things happen, Clark. Things that we can not control. You can’t go off and blame your emotional side every time something doesn’t go according to Clark. The world needs a hero who cares. They need someone to believe in. How can they believe in you when you don’t even believe in yourself?”

“Why don’t you just calm down!” He said as he swatted away her finger. “What do you know anyway?” He then said, throwing the photos on the table, not wanting to hear anything else enlightening she had to say to him. He put his head in his hands and groaned. ‘That was a weird déjà vu moment.’ He thought.

“I know something my dad told me once. He said ‘the lessons we learn from pain are the ones that make us the strongest’.”

Clark mulled over the words she had just said. He had heard them before. He had heard them from Jor-El.

“Where did you hear that from?”

“My…dad.” She said, giving him another strange look.

‘Is Jor-El her father? That’s not possible.’ Clark thought. He shook his head trying to get rid of the thought. He couldn’t deal with this now. It was too much. He didn’t need some stranger lecturing him on pain and it didn’t matter who she was.

“Yeah, well from all the pain I’ve had in my life I should be very strong, but I’m not.”

“That’s because you’re not working to your potential. You can do some much, you’re just too scared.”

He didn’t want to admit it, but she was right. He was scared but how did know that? How did she know him so well? Could she read his mind? Were they related? It wouldn’t be the first time he stumbled upon someone who he was related to.

“You seem to know a lot about me. What about you? Why are you so determined to find Lois and fight by my side against Zod?”

He could see that he caught her off guard. If there was anything he was going to do it was finding out who this mysterious girl was.

“Well the whole fighting Zod thing should be pretty obvious. He wants to destroy the world and dying at this stage in my life isn’t an option.”

“And Lois?” He pressed.

“She important, you know. The world needs her.” She said then turned away from him.
                            If he didn’t have super hearing he would have missed the next thing she said, “I need her” he heard her whisper.

“Why do you need her?” He asked, not being subtle to fact he heard her.

Super-hearing… right.” She smirked then continued, “Look, I want to tell you everything, I really do. It’s just, that you can’t know. I know it’s a lame excuse, but you just have to go with me on this. I don’t want to put anyone at risk. I just want to help find Lois, stop Zod, and then go home.”

She stepped over the window and just stared out of it. He could tell she was staring at the barn.

“Can’t you at least tell me something…anything? If we’re going to find you a way home I’ll need some type of solid information.”

He saw her take a deep breath as she turned to face him, wiping a tear from her face.

“I’m from the future.” She said.

Suddenly, Clark felt like he’d been hit in the head by another Nerf ball. No wait, not a Nerf ball, more like a bowling bowl or cannon ball or anything hard and heavy. ‘Did she just say she was from the future?’

Next chapter will also be Clark's POV. Thanks for reading!

Comment

Eeeeee! She's going to give it away isn't she??? At some point anyway lol
                              Can't wait for more - loved the dream kiss

ppmsxxxxx

Comment

Originally posted by Natty

Chapter Three: Like a Nerf Ball to the Head
                                LOL.

Thanks for reading!
                                No, thank YOU for writing! PPMS!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀