Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tempus

Author: Natty
    Title: Tempus
    Disclaimer: I own nothing!!! Characters belong to WB/CW/Smallville people.
    Summary: Doomsday has passed. Clark Kent is “dead”. Lois Lane is missing. Can a girl from the future save her family in the past?
    Spoilers: Doomsday/ Slight S9 (Zod; Metallo)
    Rating: PG-13
    Paring: Clark and Lois
    Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhqLeEs3ICQ
    Extended Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOdl7kihkTg
    Banner: http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/b...ficbanner3.jpg ; http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/b...postertext.jpg

Prologue: Tempus: Latin word for ‘time’.

A loud rumbling shook the house. She knew something wasn’t right. He had been gone way too long. She looked to her mom and grandmother and quickly supersped outside. She saw a mysterious woman in black standing over his red and blue figure and he looked like he was in so much pain.

“Oh my god” she whispered under her breath.

She sped to his side and as she was in the motion she used all her strength to push the women away. The woman went flying through the air and out of eye sight. She knelt down next to him.

“Are you okay? Please…please be okay!” She cried.

The color started to come back to his face and his wounds started to heal. “You need to get back inside. I’ll take care of this.”

“Oh come on. I just found you in pain in front of the barn, completely helpless and you’re telling me to get back inside. I can help you, why don’t you ever let me?”

He took her shoulders in his hands and looked straight into her eyes. “If anything ever happened to you I wouldn’t forgive myself. You don’t have to have this life. You can be normal. This is my job.”

As she was about to say something back the woman returned, using a superspeeding ability comparable to the both of them.

“That wasn’t very nice.” The woman said.

“Yeah, well, I’m usually not so pleasant to people who attack my family.”

The woman smirked and glowed green. It was blinding and she suddenly got this horrible headache. She held her head in her hands but put the pain aside as she saw the woman about to strike.

“I don’t think so.” She said with her teeth clenched in order to try and keep away the pain.

The girl used all her strength and hit the mysterious woman first. It didn’t seem to do much. She wasn’t as strong as usual. The woman instead hit her and she went flying into the vast amount of crops.

“What a biznatch.” She said hold her chest in pain as she sat up.

She had to get back there. For all she knew he could be in the same vulnerable position she found him in earlier. It bothered her that he wouldn’t let her ever help but she was finally going to prove to him that she could.

“Up, up and away” she said under breath as she flew towards them and picked the woman, soaring up high above the farm.

“I think you and I need to have a little talk.” She said holding her grip on the woman and flying over the barn.

“Is that so?” The woman replied with a smirk.

Suddenly there was the flash of green again and then the headache came. The next thing she knew the woman had escaped her grasped and she was free falling over the barn. She felt the roof of the barn break underneath her, then felt the stairs to the loft break and then hit the hard floor.

She coughed a couple of times and swatted at the dust in the air from the debris she caused. She stood up and brushed herself off. She was about to fly through the hole she just created when a familiar voice called out to her.

“What happened? Are you okay?”

She smiled at his voice. Even though she was stilled pissed at him, she was happy he was okay and happy that he was worried about her.

She turned to face him expecting a hug and then a lecture but she was very surprised by what she saw. He certainly wasn’t the guy she was expecting. Her smile fell from her face.

She just stared at him. She was in shock.

“Are you okay? He asked again tentatively.

She look up at the roof and then down at herself. “Yeah. I’m fine” she breathed out.
    He eyed her suspiciously.

“What are you doing here? How exactly did you fall through the roof of my barn?”

“Um, I don‘t know. I should probably go.” She said as she hurried out the barn doors.

She didn’t want him to chase after her but she knew he was. She looked at her surroundings. It was creeping her out. It was everything she remembered. Everything was the same and yet at the very same time everything was very, very different.

“Hey! Wait.” He called out.

She stopped and turned to him.

“Look, you can trust me. My name is Clark. Clark Kent.”

She didn’t need to know his name, she already knew it, but how could she tell him that. How could tell him anything.

“Thanks Clark, but I have to go. Sorry about the barn,” She said and then she supersped away.

She stopped to what was the equivalent to Time Square in the middle of Metropolis. She stood in the center of all the people. She felt as if she was in slow motion and everyone was speeding faster and faster around her. Her eyes drifted to the prompter that was scrolling the date and time.

June 26th, 2009.

It was the same day but different year. Around twenty-five years too early.

“No way” she whispered to herself.

She walked around the city. This was her home, but, then no, it wasn’t her home. She was so confused. How did she even get here? How was this possible? As she crossed streets all she could do was try and take in Metropolis 2009. She suddenly found herself in front of the Daily Planet. At least this was something she really recognized and had hardly changed. The only difference was the gigantic bulletin board in front of it on the side walk. Curious she gazed at all the pictures and names. The two things stood out the most were the word “Doomsday” and the picture of Lois Lane with the giant word MISSING underneath it.

Suddenly she felt like she couldn’t breathe. Where exactly was she?

What do you think?
    Last edited by Natty; 11-18-2009, 08:18 PM.

Amazing Start... Please post more as Soon as you can!!

Comment

This is so cool! Can't wait for the next update!

Comment

Awesome Start! This looks very interesting, ppms.

Comment

wow!
          awesome, loved the trailer, cant wait for more!
          xxx

Comment

hey natty its great ... welcome to the site, your writing is great!! i cant wait to see how lois handles the situation! interesting view of your take on what might happen!! i'm looking forward to the next update!!

Comment

First, welcome to k-site natty. this is very interesting so far, i loved the trailer it looks awesome. post more soon please

Comment

Great start

ppms

Comment

Welcome to the K-site Natty, and this story is very interesting... Ppms

Comment

I am very interested in reading more. Please, update asap.

Comment

Thanks for all the wonderful comments!!

Chapter One: They Shoot Sarcastic People, Don’t They?

As night fell on the city she didn’t know if she should feel safe or not. Sure, some superhero guy would have to be out patrolling the streets, and yes, she did have powers, but the sheer fact that Doomsday could be around scared her to death. She knew all about Doomsday and what he was capable of. She knew he could be back at any moment. She used to have nightmares about that. To him she would be an annoying fly that he could swat. She wouldn’t have a chance if he showed up. Plus, Lois Lane was missing because of him. How could THAT be possible? How could he not find her?

“Okay Callie, relax. This is just some weird dream. Yeah, that’s it. You fell through the roof and knocked yourself unconscious. When you wake up everything will be fine.” She tried to tell herself as she walked up the street.

She probably looked like a mad woman talking to herself. It was a very hot June night, but she felt cold and alone. Where would she stay? How would she get any food? Food. Oh man was she starving. She quickly checked her pockets for money.

“Crap. I left it in the card on the table.” She sighed.

She walked down the next alley she spotted and looked around to make sure no one could see her. She then used her power of flight to soar high above the buildings of Metropolis and headed to the only place she could think of that she felt safe.

She soon found herself perched on the roof of the barn right next to the hole she fell through. She honestly thought he would have patched that up by now but obviously that wasn’t one of his priorities at the moment. She stared at the sky and wondered if he was searching for her right now. I mean, when a girl superspeeds right in front of you some kind of alarm has to be ringing. She should have been more careful, but hey, she was kind of freaked out at the moment. After a while she looked to the house and realized it was still dark.

“Hmm, must be patrolling Metropolis.” ‘Or hopefully looking for her,’ she then thought.

Her eyes went back to the sky and then slowly turned to the house again. Well, she was really hungry and he wasn’t home at the moment. She jumped off the roof and quietly walked to the side door. Her hand reached out to turn the knob but then she pulled it back quickly, almost as if the knob was red hot. Her stomach growled and her mind was made up.

Oddly, the door wasn’t even locked. She crept inside and looked around. Listening very closely she could officially tell that no one was home. Her eyes locked with the refrigerator and she dove for it. She opened the fridge to see that it was mostly empty.

“Looks like someone forgot to go shopping.”

She spied a sandwich wrapped up on the shelf.

“Don’t mind if I do.” She said as she quickly grabbed it.

She unwrapped the sandwich as fast as she could and took a giant bite out of it.

“Mmmm. That hits the spot.”

Suddenly the lights turned on.

Crap!’ she thought.

“So, I guess we meet again.”

She turned around to see Clark standing before her. He was dressed in very dark outfit with a dark trench coat to match. This was definitely something she was not used to. She put down the sandwich and stared at him, not making a sound.

“Who are you?” He asked.

“My name is Callie.”

“And what exactly are you doing here, Callie?”

She picked up the sandwich, “Having a sandwich?”

His face didn’t change. It was very stoic looking. It actually was starting to scare her a bit.

She put the sandwich down again and stared in his eyes. There was no change in them, almost like they had no life. They were very closed off.

Okay. I was kind of going for a joke on that one. Alright, well sorry for the whole breaking and entering thing. I was just really hungry and really broke. I’ll just be going now. I’m really sorry,” She rambled as she pointed toward the door.

Then with a whoosh Clark was in front of the exit.

“I don’t think so.” He said as he crossed his arms in front of his chest.

“Huh. Okay. What now? Are you going to break out the lamp and interrogate me? I didn’t really do anything wrong. I didn’t realize how attached you were the sandwich. Don’t you have anything better to be doing right now?” ‘Like I don’t know, looking for Lois Lane’ she thought.

“That’s funny. You’re acting like a victim in all of this.”

“I am. I’m a victim of society. Honestly, I blame television and that damn rock music kids listen to nowadays.”

Then she saw it, a flicker of something in his eyes. She had to push his buttons to get emotion. ‘This should be fun.’

“Quit the sarcasm.”

“Quit the whole vampire detective look. Have you changed your name to Angel or Mick or something?" She said using her knowledge of television during this time. "That really isn’t your color anyway. Leave that to the Dark Knight,” she continued.

“The 'who'?” He asked, confused.

Crap. She said something about the future unintentionally. “Nothing,” she replied.

She went to move again, but he moved to block her.

“How did you run so fast before?”

“How did you?” She challenged him.

There it was again, the flicker. Callie started to feel more confident in front of him and crossed her arms in front her chest, reflecting what he was doing.

“I don’t feel like playing games here. I want to know how you fell through the roof and why you broke into my house.”

Callie stayed silent.

Last chance.” He demanded.

“Fine! Would you believe some crazy flying chick in black somehow glowed green and teleported me from where I was to the air right above your barn?” She looked at his face. “Yeah, thought so.”

“What did she look like?”

“I don’t know. She had dark hair, dark eyes, and needs to have her face rearranged by my fist.”

In that moment if Callie had blinked she would have missed it. He actually slightly smirked at her comment.

“You’ll stay here tonight.” He said as he moved to the living room.

She was in awe. “Really? Just like that. I tell you some freaky story about a flying she-devil who can teleport people and you’re not calling the closest mental hospital?”

“Believe me; weirder things have happened around here.”

She couldn’t believe it. He doesn’t even know who she is and he’s offering her a place to stay.

“You’re really something you know that.”

He turned to her with a confused expression on his face. “What do you mean?”

“It’s just, you come in here all callous and dark, but when it comes to someone in need you’re right there for them. Maybe you should rethink the wardrobe and put on some happy colors.”

“This is a one time only thing.” He said as he went up the stairs. “Linens are in the closet,” was the last thing she heard him say before she heard his door click.

She looked over to the clock. Midnight. She looked up the stairs and half expected to see him come down donning his red and blue and telling her that he’ll be back or something. Moreover, what was up with the whole letting a strange girl who he’s never met before in his life just crash on the couch?

Weird.” That was all she could say.

She glanced at her environment. She did feel safe being there, but there was no way she’s going to sleep tonight, not when Lois Lane was missing. ‘ Why aren’t you looking for her?’ She wondered glancing at a picture of the whole Kent family.

Callie went over to the couch and sat down. She looked to her left and looked to her right. “Yeah, this isn’t going to work. I can’t just sit here.”

With one last look up the stairs she opened the front door, closed it behind her and in a flash set off on her search.
                      Last edited by Natty; 10-11-2009, 10:54 AM.

Comment

She turned around to see Clark standing before her. He was dressed in very dark outfit with a dark trench coat to match.
                        OMG The Coat made an appearance in your fic yay!!!

erm but ye, great chapter - shes soooooooo much like Lois
                        “How did you run so fast before?”

“How did you?” She challenged him.
                        that is such a Lois/Clark exchange

question though - is she meant to be their child? im a bit confused
                        thanks ppmsxxxxx

Comment

Originally posted by ooglebug
                          OMG The Coat made an appearance in your fic yay!!!

erm but ye, great chapter - shes soooooooo much like Lois

that is such a Lois/Clark exchange

question though - is she meant to be their child? im a bit confused
                          thanks ppmsxxxxx
                          To the coat---- Of course it made an appearance! Dark Clark needs that dark trench coat that looks oh so nice on him

And to your question.... well, what fun would it be if I told you now? Although, I'm sure you can tell by the way I've tried to write her......

BTW: Thanks for the comment

Next chapter should be posted either later today or by tomorrow.

Comment

Callie is so Lois

ppms

Comment

Awesome Update!! I love this story so far!! Cant wait for more!!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎