#2.13 "The Devil and Sam Oliver"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I definitely like this show. Episode was great. Smiling devil in the mirror is the funniest thing I've ever seen!
    Steve's idea "you're not alone" is interesting and philosophical, I guess.
    I do hope it's not the end of the series. If it is, there are still many half-finished things. It would be very sad.
    I'll keep faith in Reaper till the end.

Comment

i too went into this episode seeing it as the final episode ever. seeing sock and ben say their goodbyes to andi and sam was sad if you see it with the idea of it as the final episode. i don't think anything was re-written since the show i think wrapped up last year when they still didn't know if it was going to be picked up or not. i would love to see it show up again, but not in syndication like star trek. just on another network. i hated the whole syndication thing cuz where i live tv shows on syndication don't last. they get switched around and yanked around by the local affiliates. every star trek shown where i live kept getting pushed around until the only time i'd be able to see was like 3 or 4 in the morning. so i don't want reaper to end up like that where i live. so i want it on another network where it has a real schedule.

Comment

I just watched the last of season 2. I've been busy at work, got promoted so longer hours . The last episodes of season 2 have been amazing. I loved the subplot with ben, Nina. and the Exorcism. Hahaha Sock tripping on Toad was hilarious.
        When Sam summoned him, that was awesome El Diablo was all kinds of surprised. The tie in quarters made Sam look like a sad puppy. I knew Andi would offer herself as soon as the Devil said Sam couldn't challenge again until Sam had something to offer, not to mention her drunken cries. The mirror table, epic. WHAT THE FUDGE! STEVE WHY?! Omg. Satan won ahhhhhh, ahhhh, ahhhhhhh! Haha, Ben did have a good week for once.
        Steve got his wings back lol. Heaven does work in mysterious ways.

Man this show can't be over, not when it is this damn good. It did not feel like a series finale at all. I expected Sam to win and it be over, but no they went into it headstrong and it was great. There is so much more potential for this show it can't end.

Comment

sunflower i have a question for you what is the difference between syndication and primetime?

Comment

Originally posted by Carnagefan88
            sunflower i have a question for you what is the difference between syndication and primetime?
            Primetime is a section of time: 8-11pm. Anything that airs at 8, 9, or 10 pm is airing during "primetime". The reason it's prime is because that's when everyone watches. Most networks (ie ABC, CBS, CW, etc) cover that time with national airings. Networks also cover the morning too: Good Morning America, etc. Shows that are provided to an affiliate by their parent network MUST air at the same time nationally.

Any time that's not covered by the parent network is up to the individual stations to find material for. That's where syndication comes in. Shows that are made specifically so that they can be bought station by station. Daytime talk shows, soap operas, etc. etc. are all syndicated. They have no set time for airing, it's entirely up to the station. And syndication is NOT limited by network. Unlike a network show like Desperate Housewives - which MUST air on all ABC affiliates on Sundays at 9pm - a syndicated show like Oprah can air at 1pm in Houston on an ABC affiliate, 4pm in Seattle on a CBS affiliate, or 10am in Los Angeles on an NBC affiliate.

Does that help?

FYI - in Reaper's case, we're aiming for Sunday nights, most likely at 7pm. The reason why is because the CW *network* dropped the night, leaving the CW *affiliates* scrambling on their own for stuff to air.
            Last edited by blue sunflower; 05-27-2009, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Toad Action!

I think Sock tried to yell out "Stop in the name of love!" among other things while he was possessed.

More Ted! (Sorry, the devil made me shout that out.)

The recent corporate episode reminded me of Sam's previous show about the crazy business world in which he was also named Sam on THAT show. How stiff are the odds of that? If Reaper gets canceled, Sam will likely just come back in a 3rd show on which he'll also be named Sam. So at least his future is secure either way, but I would mourn the loss of Ted, Andie, and Satan. With Sock, who knows. I think he already appeared on some kind of CSI show during the last break. But I believe the FCC should force him to retire after Reaper. However if Reaper is renewed I'd welcome him back of course.

I was sure Nina came back from Hell changed and a liar, but they don't seem to be going in that direction, so maybe she was just withholding the full horror of things to spare Sam's feelings?

Anyway, not a turbo finale, but an entertaining one. It wasn't a full-out attempt to get renewed like the Terminator finale was, but it did feature hot toad action as I stated earlier and God seems to see value in Sam as a double agent, which adds some kink and increases the viewer's curiosity about what might be in store.

Comment

Toad roofied Sock was hilarious.

And DANG, I really really hope that this is not the end for Reaper. Crazy turn of events in the finale, and I want to know how it all plays out.

Stupid CW!

Comment

Originally posted by blue sunflower
                  Syndication is not reruns. It has first run shows too. Remember Star Trek: The Next Generation? Syndication. In fact, all the newer Star Treks were - as was Stargate and Stargate Atlantis.
                  Syndicated:
                  • Star Trek: The Next Generation
                  • Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
                  • Star Trek: Voyager

Network:
                  • Star Trek (The Original Series) - NBC
                  • Enterprise - UPN

There's hope for Reaper, but it's going to take a major miracle.

----- Added 9 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by number8
                  Toad roofied Sock was hilarious.

And DANG, I really really hope that this is not the end for Reaper. Crazy turn of events in the finale, and I want to know how it all plays out.

Stupid CW!
                  CW is chasing a demographic that Reaper's viewers really don't belong to. Sad, but true. That's why 90210 and Top Model survived while Reaper got axed. And the CW's move of Smallville to Friday nights may be a kiss of death. It's going to go up against CBS's Ghost Whisperer or Medium (picked up from NBC, which shows it's strength). NBC's and ABC's Friday night lineups are forgetable. And lest we forget, CBS picked up JAG after NBC axed it, and it ran for many years and spawned a powerhouse spin-off (NCIS).

OOTC:

The finale was awesome and I really hope they have a season 3. If not, at least there was a sense of closure. I'm still cheesed at Fox for their summer cancellation of Alien Nation after leaving us hanging with a deadly cliffhanger of a season finale.
                  Last edited by PaulNeb; 05-29-2009, 07:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by PaulNeb
                    There's hope for Reaper, but it's going to take a major miracle.
                    The KryptonSite/KSiteTV forums are a place originally created to discuss the WB/CW series Smallville which expanded to cover all kinds of TV, movies, and more!

The KryptonSite/KSiteTV forums are a place originally created to discuss the WB/CW series Smallville which expanded to cover all kinds of TV, movies, and more!

Comment

Fun episode to watch. Second favorite finale this season. Sock's trip and Steve's sabotage really bumped it up. Andi's soul was a bit too predictable. As long as there is a season 3 (or some continuation or conclusion published by the creator) I will not be upset.

Originally posted by hellnback
                      i would love to see it show up again, but not in syndication like star trek. just on another network. i hated the whole syndication thing cuz where i live tv shows on syndication don't last. they get switched around and yanked around by the local affiliates. every star trek shown where i live kept getting pushed around until the only time i'd be able to see was like 3 or 4 in the morning. so i don't want reaper to end up like that where i live. so i want it on another network where it has a real schedule.
                      I would still be thankful if it was in syndication since then you could use a DVR to take care of the timeslot jumps, or at least be able to have a season 3 DVD at some point.

And just to take care of my geek cred...Star Trek: Voyager was not syndicated, it was on UPN and launched the network. OK, maybe it was syndicated in places that didn't get UPN, but that was probably a year later.

Comment

Isn't anybody going to say anything about the many flaws the season finale had?

Well, we all want Reaper to survive (and I'm writing from Spain -that country in some place in Europe, I hope-), but this season finale sucked a little bit in comparison with "regular episodes".

At first (this one is my fault), how could Andi had an interview with the Devil?

Second, I really hated Steve in this episode. Yeah, I know that a Season Finale is expected to be surprising and make us a lot of questions that won't be answered until next season. But that "you're not alone" stuff really sucked! How many times have we seen that in many films/TV series? It is the 2nd cheasiest ending type, following the "Everything was a dream" type.

That sentence, "You are not alone", really made me want to throw stones, not only to Steve (really funny moment), also to the responsible of that part of the script.

And finally, what the ****in'-cheesey-hell does Steve need wings for? He can appear everywhere he wants (even in an awful karaoke xD)...

We all want Reaper back, but please, script-writers, we need stronger efforts...

P.S. Ray Wise is (paradoxically) a God.

Comment

Rev, let me see if I can make up some answers to your points. And just to start, you are correct as far as having to wait till next season to find out the real answers. This is just me trying to be creative on a Sunday afternoon.

Andi is a smart girl, I'm sure she was able to find a crossroad somewhere in or around Seattle. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross_Road_Blues

"You are not alone." The Devil sucks at his job and God is looking to replace him. Let's face it the Devil lets souls escape from hell on like a weekly basis, not to mention the there are a bunch of demons walking around on earth hooking up with humans. The Devil's job is to punish the fallen and the sinful, but all he does is look to get his ego stroked and cause people to sin. Meanwhile, Sam is able to capture the escaped souls and when he can he tries to save the souls of the living (the get out of hell free card and the D-bag who converted to the cult of Steve jump to mind). Who better to overthrow the Devil and manage hell than the Devil's son?

As for Steve's wings, I'll point to a long history in story telling of angels needing to earn their wings. It's like being a recruit and having to work your way to being a solider. Though, they should have had one of the stones miss Steve and hit a bell before he showed his wings.
                          Last edited by willdawg01; 05-31-2009, 05:44 PM. Reason: clean up

Comment

i hope too god repear is back i still have hope

Comment

i tought it wz gud im loved the devil he wz very mean tellin sam he wz gud at nothin but wat wz up wit steve y did he break sams hand writers can u tell me y if u have an idea

Comment

Originally posted by Reverend Dust
                                Second, I really hated Steve in this episode. Yeah, I know that a Season Finale is expected to be surprising and make us a lot of questions that won't be answered until next season. But that "you're not alone" stuff really sucked! How many times have we seen that in many films/TV series? It is the 2nd cheasiest ending type, following the "Everything was a dream" type.

That sentence, "You are not alone", really made me want to throw stones, not only to Steve (really funny moment), also to the responsible of that part of the script.
                                I could not agree more, "you are not alone" is not much off a cliffhanger.. not to mention a very possible end of a great show, so what the heck happened!? I'm baffeled and shocked, and very dissapointed. And yeah, steve levitating and showing wings did not help the cliché phrase very much..

For a show that vivid and imaginary it doesn't add up.
                                Last edited by HAAWKINGS; 04-16-2010, 06:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎