View Poll Results: Was killing jimmy off a mistake?

Voters
240. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES! it was a stupid idea!

183 76.25%
  • NO! it was a good twist

57 23.75%
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    This is ridiculous. Half the time people complain that Smallville doesn't follow the mythology, and when they do something to at least rectify that mistake a little, people lash out and say it doesn't NEED to follow the mythology. Make up your mind people. Would you like it to be a re-imagining, like I have always said it was, or would you like it to follow the mythology to a tee. You can't have both.

No, but not because I thought it was a good twist (it was a copout IMO), but because if someone had to go, I'd prefer it to be Jimmy rather than Chloe.

Killing him was a mistake.

But what was worse, is the retcon. They went overboard, when they tried to shove it down our throats that he isn't the real Jimmy.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade4813 View Post
    From what I can gather from looking around at the reactions on various boards, it's less the killing off of Jimmy than the complete retcon of his identity. So in answer to this, I think a number of fans would have been ticked if Chloe had died instead of Jimmy, but even MORE fans than that would have been angry if they killed her off and did so saying she was never Chloe Sullivan; she was actually a Lana clone who had been hatched as part of a failed experiment.

People are angry they killed Jimmy, but I think there's MORE rage at how they did it and, more insultingly still, the lie they give as to why.

It is interesting to me that SO MANY people are angry at this Jimmy hadn't had the largest following on these boards. He was liked by a large number but disliked by many, as well. And yet there's such disgust at what happened...I do think that even a lot of people who weren't the hugest fans of Jimmy and would have been perfectly fine with his dying are angry at the "brilliant" twist.
    Exactly! Killing someone is one thing, but retconning their entire existence is just really rude and so disrespectful.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilah View Post
    Killing him was a mistake.

But what was worse, is the retcon. They went overboard, when they tried to shove it down our throats that he isn't the real Jimmy.
    ITA.

If he died as THE JBO, I would’ve been still very upset but at the same time I could take it as it is. = The confirmation that SV is an AU verse. (Despite the fact that PS stated otherwise.) And frankly, I’d feel a lot better if they say that this show has been an AU all along.

Where were his death anvils? Have we ever seen one little hint of Jimmy not being THE Jimmy last three seasons? None. Instead, his scene had been cut (Hex), and he had a drug-addict storylines right before they kill him off. What a way to treat a character and his fans, not to mention the actor who was also led to believe he was given THE Jimmy’s role until half a year ago. It was downright *beep*. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid-Prince View Post
    This is ridiculous. Half the time people complain that Smallville doesn't follow the mythology, and when they do something to at least rectify that mistake a little, people lash out and say it doesn't NEED to follow the mythology. Make up your mind people. Would you like it to be a re-imagining, like I have always said it was, or would you like it to follow the mythology to a tee. You can't have both.
    Not at all. I'd prefer it follow the mythology, but I had three years or so to get used to the fact that the age thing was off. I'd gotten used to it. The way they "fixed" it was not only absurd, it insulted the viewers' intelligence.

And, frankly, while I would like the show to make efforts to line up better with the mythos, on no PLANET would "Jimmy's age" have been where I'd like it to start. Given that there are much bigger problems on the show, I'd have much preferred they shelve the age thing for now. Once they go back to remembering that Clark should be a symbol for hope and should become Superman from a desire to help and not because he's shoved into it and treated like the show's idiot child and fix THAT problem with Smallville's interpretation of the mythos, THEN they can worry about minor issues like a character's age.

Besides, they've never consistently remembered ages or birthdays anyway, so that could have been something they just conveniently "forgot" anyway.

IT was the wosrt mistake in the history in SV!!!! Especially the way they did it ruining years of development for a lot of characters!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chlo-el View Post
    IT was the wosrt mistake in the history in SV!!!! Especially the way they did it ruining years of development for a lot of characters!!!!!!!
    I agree it was a terrible decision and the worst mistake in Smallville history. AA was an awesome Jimmy Olsen and Jimmy was my favourite character which makes his death very bad. The fact that they made him not the real Jimmy Olsen was complete BS and they wasted all that development. What's next Lucas Luthor is the real Lex Luthor when they were young Lionel switched there identities. You don't know now what thye will do because with Jimmy they crossed the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Jade4813 View Post
    Not at all. I'd prefer it follow the mythology, but I had three years or so to get used to the fact that the age thing was off. I'd gotten used to it. The way they "fixed" it was not only absurd, it insulted the viewers' intelligence.

And, frankly, while I would like the show to make efforts to line up better with the mythos, on no PLANET would "Jimmy's age" have been where I'd like it to start. Given that there are much bigger problems on the show, I'd have much preferred they shelve the age thing for now. Once they go back to remembering that Clark should be a symbol for hope and should become Superman from a desire to help and not because he's shoved into it and treated like the show's idiot child and fix THAT problem with Smallville's interpretation of the mythos, THEN they can worry about minor issues like a character's age.

Besides, they've never consistently remembered ages or birthdays anyway, so that could have been something they just conveniently "forgot" anyway.
    I agree. We've celebrated Clark's birthday ONCE!... lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy-olsen View Post
    its a bit petty to be unhappy with AA and his jimmy olsen just because hes not younger than clark and lois! erm this is not a superman comic this is smallville! AA was a great jimmy imo! did you not care that pete ross was black? cause wasnt he apparently white in the comics? thats just what someone told me on another thread, anyway if jimmys age is such a big issue then why are you not complaining about the fact that clark doesnt wear glasses!
    The age isn't the sole reason i'm against AA's Jimmy i'm a die-hard 90's Lois & Clark fan. Aaron's Jimmy has no point in calling Clark 'CK', that is L&C's trade mark. Just like how Great Shades of Elvis belong's to Lane Smith. So when Aaron calls Tom CK thats a stab in the heart to me. Because Justin Whalin's my favorite Jimmy,thats his line not Aaron's.

I've got no problem with Pete being black if I did then people would accuse me of being racists. As for the glasses they will eventually work that in,they have to in order for the secret Identity to work. I don't get on your case for liking Aaron's Jimmy,so lay off on me not liking SV Jimmy. I have a right to not like the character and a right to my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy-olsen View Post
    its a bit petty to be unhappy with AA and his jimmy olsen just because hes not younger than clark and lois! erm this is not a superman comic this is smallville! AA was a great jimmy imo! did you not care that pete ross was black? cause wasnt he apparently white in the comics? thats just what someone told me on another thread, anyway if jimmys age is such a big issue then why are you not complaining about the fact that clark doesnt wear glasses!

you should respect her opinion, she liked it u didn't, u don't have to agree. By the way the glasses isn't a big deal because that is part of the dual identity he is developing at the moment, as much as the suit isn't a big deal for now since he isn't superman yet, the age thing i guess was a big deal (not to me) because that wouldn't have been able to change even when Clark becomes Superman

Left as a super hero and the love of Clark Kent's life. First choice. Great ending.
    Third. I think this can't be highlighted enough.

The moment they pimped 2 deaths I knew they'd take the easy choice. SV never kills major players. However, I didn't expect the Jenry twist. Makes you wonder about S9 and upcoming twists.

Quote Originally Posted by Clois4eva89 View Post
    The age isn't the sole reason i'm against AA's Jimmy i'm a die-hard 90's Lois & Clark fan. Aaron's Jimmy has no point in calling Clark 'CK', that is L&C's trade mark. Just like how Great Shades of Elvis belong's to Lane Smith. So when Aaron calls Tom CK thats a stab in the heart to me. Because Justin Whalin's my favorite Jimmy,thats his line not Aaron's.

I've got no problem with Pete being black if I did then people would accuse me of being racists. As for the glasses they will eventually work that in,they have to in order for the secret Identity to work. I don't get on your case for liking Aaron's Jimmy,so lay off on me not liking SV Jimmy. I have a right to not like the character and a right to my opinion.
    i didnt mean to seem i was on the attack lol! i get too into it sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by Lilah View Post
    I agree. We've celebrated Clark's birthday ONCE!... lol...
    Not true. Lana brought him a cake once. And it was awfully good of her to do that, because apparently Martha never did. The same Martha who baked like a fiend, adored her son, and would have done everything in her power to let him know how loved and wanted he was. But he didn't get a cake until Lana brought it to him. Yet another of those moments that makes me laugh so hard I almost pee.

I thought they'd made a big mistake until I went back and watched the entire season over again. Jimmy is like a cat with nine lives this season. I kept thinking he should have died but he didn't. IMO I think that PS3 already knew what was going to Jimmy.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast