View Poll Results: Was killing jimmy off a mistake?

Voters
240. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES! it was a stupid idea!

183 76.25%
  • NO! it was a good twist

57 23.75%
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    I would be more upset to lose Chloe; to a degree it feels like being tricked with JO not being "THE" JO it seems, but I can deal with it. AA, you did an awesome job, though.

Now....what if the mythos did not have Jonathon (or as named in the George Reeves 1950s series, Eben Kent) die? Would you be upset to see Mr. Kent killed off any more or worse than JO? What about Lionel? Did that surprise or upset many?

I'm not defending TPTB, just tossing out some thoughts as they cross my mind, feeble as it is

They knew what they were doing, they just didn't realice that what they were doing was stupid.
    It's one thing to kill a mythos character (After all, they killed Morgan Edge and others) but then to say that he "wasn't the real deal"? That's disrespectful, it's insulting and...well, once again, stupid.

I dont see what the problem is.

I am more mad at myself for being duped more than anything. I knew the age difference was there but after a while I accepted it. The funny thing is that Jimmy himself said he sucked at photography but was awesome with all the Cloak and Dagger stuff. I never remember any incantation of Jimm Olsen that was so good and resourceful as if he was more of a covert ops/detective-type vs a photographer. I thought the writing was outstanding and sort of a Sixth Sense type of ending because it all made sense at that moment but then again I am very loyal to this show and have enjoyed their retelling of the Superman mythos. This is just my opinion and I can see why some fans are upset but I don't think the writers pulled this out of their fannies. I think they had this planned the entire time which clearly explains the age discrepancy. Creating this back story of Henry James Olsen to me gives more depth to the relationship of Superman to Jimmy Bartholemew Olsen--probably watching over him as well as both Clark Kent and Superman. Again, just my opinion.

there should be an option for not sure yet...or maybe cuz I am not 100% sure it was a mistake until I see season 9, but I will miss Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by dru-zod2501 View Post
    absolutely it was a mistake. They betrayed the character, and the viewers
    Absolutely!

Incurable Postaholic alejandrita439's Avatar
    yes, i was a stupid idea..

Wu needs to know!!!!!! jpfort1957's Avatar
    Big mistake!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Anu View Post
    Okay. but what if they killed off Chloe then?
    From what I can gather from looking around at the reactions on various boards, it's less the killing off of Jimmy than the complete retcon of his identity. So in answer to this, I think a number of fans would have been ticked if Chloe had died instead of Jimmy, but even MORE fans than that would have been angry if they killed her off and did so saying she was never Chloe Sullivan; she was actually a Lana clone who had been hatched as part of a failed experiment.

People are angry they killed Jimmy, but I think there's MORE rage at how they did it and, more insultingly still, the lie they give as to why.

It is interesting to me that SO MANY people are angry at this Jimmy hadn't had the largest following on these boards. He was liked by a large number but disliked by many, as well. And yet there's such disgust at what happened...I do think that even a lot of people who weren't the hugest fans of Jimmy and would have been perfectly fine with his dying are angry at the "brilliant" twist.

Quote Originally Posted by Jade4813 View Post
    From what I can gather from looking around at the reactions on various boards, it's less the killing off of Jimmy than the complete retcon of his identity. So in answer to this, I think a number of fans would have been ticked if Chloe had died instead of Jimmy, but even MORE fans than that would have been angry if they killed her off and did so saying she was never Chloe Sullivan; she was actually a Lana clone who had been hatched as part of a failed experiment.

People are angry they killed Jimmy, but I think there's MORE rage at how they did it and, more insultingly still, the lie they give as to why.

It is interesting to me that SO MANY people are angry at this Jimmy hadn't had the largest following on these boards. He was liked by a large number but disliked by many, as well. And yet there's such disgust at what happened...I do think that even a lot of people who weren't the hugest fans of Jimmy and would have been perfectly fine with his dying are angry at the "brilliant" twist.
    Nail on the head there.

I feel insulted by this twist...

Incurable Postaholic Violet-Shadow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by melissan02 View Post
    Without a doubt, killing off Jimmy Olsen (and yes he WAS the iconic Jimmy Olsen, IMO) was a MONUMENTAL FAILURE!!!!!! From which I don't think this show will recover... or be the same! AA filled the role of Jimmy Olsen wonderfully! Big mistake to retcon and toss him away like they did!
    Totally agree Melissa! It was an epic mistake, IMO.

The main reason the show won't recover, IMO, is because the writer's and producer's have proved they are not trustworthy. They can say whatever they want, then change their minds, change the character, then blame it on the mythos. Basically, they're LIARS.

tbh i wouldnt care if they did kill chloe! i would much rather jimmy was alive and the real jimmy, and as for johnathan and lionel dying, yeah it was sad at first but i quickly got over it. all johnathan did was moan and hold clark back anyway, lionel just became un-needed although i liked him. but none of these characters were killed off and then had their identity took from them! which is why killing jimmy was a huge mistake.

Custom Title
    Huge mistake

I think the best answer to this question is: Is rain wet?

Think about it. It wasn't the producers that killed off Jimmy. It was actually the DC. If you want to be angry at someone, be angry at them, and not at the PS3!!

Quote Originally Posted by Anu View Post
    Think about it. It wasn't the producers that killed off Jimmy. It was actually the DC. If you want to be angry at someone, be angry at them, and not at the PS3!!
    We'll never get official word on that, but I'm 90% certain that blaming DC is a cover. I would think that out of Doomsday having a human side, Lana a power suit, Chloe existing, Clark at the DP with no glasses or Supes, and the 7623 other things that differ from the comics at least 1 was of more importance than "OH NOES!! JIMMY'S TOO OLD!! EEK!!"

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast