Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did the writers make a mistake by killing off jimmy olsen?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did the writers make a mistake by killing off jimmy olsen?

i would like to hear what everyone has to say on the particular issue of jimmys death, and the fact his identity was took away! i beleive it was a huge mistake despite the characters age, are we really that bothered if hes not younger than clark and lois? AA was a great Jimmy olsen and i think he suited the part.
    YES! it was a stupid idea!
    0%
    NO! it was a good twist
    0%

Yes, it was a mistake. They lost quite a few viewers including myself.

Comment

No.

Comment

Honestly, it was a disgrace and slap in the face to true Superman fans.

Comment

Yes it was a mistake, now no character is safe they could simply say "there not the real _________" it was simply poor writing. I wouldn't be as upset if he was the real jimmy that died, but by killing him and then saying he's a fake is total bs

Comment

?

Originally posted by friendsita
            No.
            why?

Comment

Originally posted by amberdawn
              Yes, it was a mistake. They lost quite a few viewers including myself.

I'll still watch, but I agree completely with you that they lost viewers. They lost them after the Lana arc, and this is basically the nail in the coffin IMO.

Comment

lol

Originally posted by Krypton's Man of Steel
                Yes it was a mistake, now no character is safe they could simply say "there not the real _________" it was simply poor writing. I wouldn't be as upset if he was the real jimmy that died, but by killing him and then saying he's a fake is total bs
                exactly i completely agree! i left a post somewhere saying lois lane wasnt the real lois lane (joking of course), but honestly it wouldnt suprise me if lois had a sister called lois who was the real lois. was martha kent the real martha or an alien imposter? who knows anymore! as if killing jimmy wasnt bad enough... they then take away his identity! even if lois somehow prevents his death using the legion ring, we will have this 'fake' jimmy on our screen! really theres no way to bring back the jimmy olsen we knew, however he will always be the real jimmy to me

Comment

This is their way of killing the show and the move to Friday nights is the final nail in the coffin before the show goes off the air after season 9.

Comment

absolutely it was a mistake. They betrayed the character, and the viewers

Comment

It was a big mistake and a dump idea.Who's responsable for this decision should be fired.That Jimmy Olson was the real one,the little brother was ridiculous.It made me so mad.Do they think we are that stupid?

Comment

It was one of (if not THE) most IDIOTIC decisions I've ever seen on this here show

Comment

Okay. but what if they killed off Chloe then?

Comment

The AoS made me mad. The Henry Jimmy Olsen was insulting to the fans. (At least to me.)

I think the latter is worse. Because when you start to think “Why should I even care?”, that’s when the show starts losing its viewers, imo.

Comment

Without a doubt, killing off Jimmy Olsen (and yes he WAS the iconic Jimmy Olsen, IMO) was a MONUMENTAL FAILURE!!!!!! From which I don't think this show will recover... or be the same! AA filled the role of Jimmy Olsen wonderfully! Big mistake to retcon and toss him away like they did!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎