Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Arthur find out Merlins Secret?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Arthur is not gonna find out this season. probly in the fourth or fifth season. In some stories Arthur is king, when he finds out. No, I think it is for GWEN to find out that Merlin has powers. She already suspects Morgana has powers and she talked to Gaius about it. So---the stage is set, I think.

Comment

Somehow I think Arthur already knows about Merlin's magic powers & he's corvering him.When Merlin will finally tells him,he won't be suprised at all

Comment

I could see that. It would take someone very smart to play at being that oblivious to Merlin's magic....

Comment

I think Arthur should find out at the end of season 4 in the last scene, and thus be a lead in to season 5. I think that Arthur should begin to suspect through out season 4 and then finally confirms it in the last scene of the season finally.

I think Arthur finding out that Merlin is a Wizard would one be fun for both the characters, and two showing Arthur willing to keep Merlin secret would also show how much he has come to value Merlin as a friend. I also think that it would shift Arthur views on magic (even more so) and thus putting him more at odds with Uther. I also think that Guinevere should find out about Merlin very early on in season 4.

I don't think that Arthur finding out that Merlin is a Wizard would hurt the show, in fact it would help more then hurt. At this point any one who watches the show knows that Arthur considers Merlin to be a valued friend if not the only person in his life that is a true friend. Yet still Merlin is his personal servant and finding out that he is a wizard and has saved his life and the kingdom time and time again would force Arthur to change his view of Merlin. Thus leading to a lot of story lines were Arthur has to grow as a person and how he treats Merlin, and how nothing is what it seems. On top of that it would evolve there friendship even more because Arthur would over time come to learn to listen to Merlin wisdom, which I might add is part of the King Arthur Myth.

So yes I think the time has come but not till the end of season 4, and then season 5 they can really take off with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Amar J
            Should he find out in this season or should they keep playing it out? or does it have to happen after Uther dies or should it be done whilst he is king?
            Arthur should find out when Uther is dying and Merlin saves his life. But some how Uther doesnt find out because lets face it, if Uther knew about Merlins gift, Merlin would be sentenced to death before you could say 'Eldor'.

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin-Freak-!!
              Arthur should find out when Uther is dying and Merlin saves his life. But some how Uther doesnt find out because lets face it, if Uther knew about Merlins gift, Merlin would be sentenced to death before you could say 'Eldor'.
              Funny how that actualy nearly happened... except with a bad ending.

I get Arthur is now against magic as from what he sees it killed his father, yet i think its high time now he finally found out about Merlin!! Perhaps that would be the series finale, Arthur finding out and then since 5th series is the last (or is it?) that would be all about settling into life with Merlin as his wizard...

Comment

I am suprised to see that too many votes gone for "Yes", Everyone rushing to get this series completed? That's what going to happen when Arthur finds out who the merlin really is... When he does.. it ll be like.. Merlin at Arthur side and magic returns to Camelot. And everybody lived happily ever after.

This was the very reason why the writers kept merlin secret from Arthur. That's why they were abel to got this this series so far... I am happy we got 5 seasons. If this is end of the show. They will be reveling merlin secret to Arthur otherwise it will remain as secret and we get another season.

Comment

Originally posted by Munnag
                  I am suprised to see that too many votes gone for "Yes", Everyone rushing to get this series completed? That's what going to happen when Arthur finds out who the merlin really is... When he does.. it ll be like.. Merlin at Arthur side and magic returns to Camelot. And everybody lived happily ever after.
                  It doesn't have to be. I know that it can be seen as endgame and all but Arthur finding out about Merlin does not have to mean that we get 'the legend'. For example, Arthur could find out about Merlin's magic and be so angry that Merlin kept it from him that he banishes him (and we have episodes where Merlin either disguises himself or helps Arthur from afar, that sort of thing). Or Arthur finds out about Merlin and Merlin has to win back his trust. or even Arthur finds out about Merlin's magic and after coming to terms decides to help Merlin hide it from everyone else for a while.

I think fans are just tired of Arthur always getting beaned on the head, knocked out, put to sleep, bespelled or somehow just plain not figuring out what should be obvious to him by now (Really, you have to wonder at how Arthur hasn't figured it out yet. At least seems that way to me.).

A lot of fans also thought that once Uther died and Arthur became King that would mean the show would have to end (King Arthur being the start of the legend and all) and that hasn't meant the end of show. I can understand your view but I think the writers could make it work.

Comment

^ The show producers of has plans to end the show with this season. However, there is no decision made on that yet. I am starting to see if they planning on ending it, I would not mind Arthur finiding about Merlin's secret. I agree to the point its high time that Arthur should be knowing it by now.

Bradley James also said the same thing.....and i agree that this season is good season to reveal the secret. Merlin wasn't this dark until season 4, so there is no point of beating around bushes anymore...

I am okay.. Merlin coming out to Arthur now... and they give happy ending to the series. Not that i wanted to have this end.. I would love it if they do another season.

Comment

I've read that they are considering doing a movie and if so I reckon it would be then that they'd have Arthur find out, I don't mind if Arthur finds out I just want someone to, especially since Lancelot has gone, it can't just be Merlin and Gaius all the time any more, especially as Mordred knows the truth. I get the feeling it might be Gwaine actually since out of all the knights, I'd say he's the closest to Merlin and would probably be the most open minded especially considering events at the end of 5x01

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎