Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doomsday Screentime Minutes

And so the season concludes (not with a bang, but a whimper)

Running Time: 42m, 19s (longest episode of the season)
    (previously on: 1m, 29s, the longest previously on's)

Clark: 21m, 40s
    Chloe: 16m, 18s
    Lois: 7m, 54s
    Jimmy: 9m, 40s
    Tess: 4m, 9s
    Davis: 8m, 10s
    Oliver: 5m, 26s

Final Character Tally (# of eps)

Clark: 447m, 55s (22)
    Chloe: 290m, 30s (21)*
    Lois: 154m, 29s (12)
    Jimmy: 113m, 4s (11)
    Tess: 119m, 17s (13)
    Davis: 118m, 2s (12)
    Oliver: 129m, 55s (12)

*Allison Mack appears in all 22, but the character of Chloe does not appear in 8x21

And thats all she wrote...

Thank you very much; I always appreciate the hard work you have to do to get all the tallys. Thanks again

Comment

Thanks for the stats and all the hard work.

Comment

thanks badtoad, are you able to tell me what black canary and flash got for there screentime

Comment

BadToad thanks for your contribution throughout the season. You helped put things in perspective. I hope you will do this next season as well. Yay for 21 minutes for Clark, argh for Tess' 4 minutes. A season low for her if i am not mistaken. She had more episodes than Lois, Jimmy, Ollie and Davis, yet she lost out to 2 of them and just barely beat the other 2. Lois' 7 minutes for a finale must also have been a low.

Comment

thanks badtoad, are you able to tell me what black canary and flash got for there screentime
            I didn't tally that up, but I can do that for you. Just give me a day or two.

costas, yeah, that was a season low for Tess. And no, surprisingly enough, that wasn't a finale low for Lois. In fact, that were her second highest next to Commencement. She actually had less time in Vessel, Phantom and Arctic. Which seems to establish a pattern of how Lois is used in season finales.

Comment

Originally posted by BadToad
              costas, yeah, that was a season low for Tess. And no, surprisingly enough, that wasn't a finale low for Lois. In fact, that were her second highest next to Commencement. She actually had less time in Vessel, Phantom and Arctic. Which seems to establish a pattern of how Lois is used in season finales.
              Oh, i didn't know that. 7 minutes is the second highest? And Commencement was 10 minutes longer than a normal Smallville episode, so we can't compare them. That's what happens when they cut you off from the main arc of the run in i guess. I didn't like the Doomsday arc, but they made it their main priority and Lois was never a part of that. The good thing about that is that Lois' character didn't go through any lightswitching.

But it's not all doom(no pan) and gloom. Clark's average screentime rised this season and that's a the one good thing this season leaves behind. Of course, having just 4 regulars in many episodes helped raise Clark's screentime, but nonetheless it was a good development.

Comment

Originally posted by BadToad
                I didn't tally that up, but I can do that for you. Just give me a day or two.
                Thanks a lot i appreciate it, i always look forward to the screentime.

Comment

i'm glad Clark got alot of screen time.

Comment

As always a big thank you for the numbers, BT.

Jimmy/AA got shafted this year! Knowing what I know now I can't believe they cut him completely out of Hex.

At least for the most part they made good use of his last almost 10 minutes. Lois' and Tess' screen time seemed like such a waste this episode.

OK, I'm going to shut up now before I start to really rant.

Comment

Originally posted by Krypto_marcus
                      i'm glad Clark got alot of screen time.
                      AT LAST !!!
                      Thanks BadToad for this year and all your informations
                      Glad to see that Clark has the most important screentime during a loooongggg moment I thought it would be Chloe

Comment

Thanks alot BadToad.

I'm actually pretty suprised that Lois was in it that much.

Comment

Jade, the scene at the DP with Clark at his desk + Clark as the RBB is quite "long" in a way. I liked both so much. I think I even prefer the first one, when Clark is torn and Lois so disguted he doesn't want to share something with her. For the first time, we really see Clark has strong feelings for her. I know for many of you, it doesn't balance the rest of the epi, but to me, this moment was great in its way...

Comment

Thanks for the data

I'm glad Clark got all this screentime, and Lois , with just 3 scenes, got her second biggest ST in finales

Comment

Thanks Badtoad!

It actually felt like Lois had less screentime then that.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎