Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kid Collins
    There was a lot of competition for SV last Thursday. But I'm still surprised by the low rating. I expected it to increase to at least 3.4-3.5 since it's the Season Finale.

But after seeing this ep today, it deserved the rating it received. This ep sucked!
    I'm sorry, but I don't really buy the excuse concerning competition for SV last Thursday simply because those other shows don't really appeal to your average SV viewer and thus didn't really siphoned them off.

No, the reason SV's finale got such dismal ratings--the second lowest for the season after Stiletto according to Nielson was because the episode SUCKED!

It was badly written, the Computer-Generated Imagery was horrible even comical at some points, the dialog was predictable and repetitive, the acting lazy and uninspiring especially from Tom. All-in-all it was way too OOC and boring, not to mention a major let down after all the hype.

I mean, for starters the supposed Clark/Doomsday epic fight got less air-time than the totally unnecessary Tess/Lois soap opera like cat fight and even when it did, it seemed more comical than epic.

I have to tell you Barney the imaginary purple singing dinosaur seemed scarier than Doomsday.
    Finally I rated the episode a 2 and trust me, I was being kind.
    Last edited by Lexgirl33; 05-18-2009, 08:49 PM. Reason: Please don't type in a word document program and then copy and paste. It makes for a violation of rule #10

Comment

So now that S8 is over, it's officially the season with the lowest ratings of all seasons.
      In the first half of the season, the average rating per episode was 4,18 and in the second half, it was 3,61; the average for the whole season was 3,9. Those numbers are those posted in here on K-site.

Comment

I'm glad it tanked. Gives me some sort of pleasure.

Comment

You reap what you sew Smallville, hopefully this is a wake up call to PS.

I really don't see Season 10 happening.

This is what happens when you continually kick fans in the teeth

Same here

The episode was hyped out the wazoo and definitely didn't live up to that hype.

Comment

Where is the final ratings?

Comment

Thanks guys- math never was my strong suit.

Comment

Originally posted by Dyanara
                I am rather surprised that it rated so poorly because people didnt know it was going to suck so bad. Injustice*Beast were much better episodes than this one.
                I want the writers, producers, and everyone to get on board with one page and not have the show be cancelled with a crappy ending because everyone was expecting another season. Oh good gracious it will just be our luck that they take the poor ratings to not be caused by crappy writing but because Lana wasn't there.
                It could have been all the heavy promotion. Souders and Peterson made the episode sound atrocious IMO. I feared what was coming because of their interviews and I was right. Some, on the west coast probably looked up what happened, was horrified, and then just didn't tune in. Can't blame them. I hope the writers realize the huge backlash from Failsday!

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Tompouce
                It is really weird as we see that after Beast which was really bad people watch and after Injustice which was really really better, people were elsewhere...I really think sometimes it has to do with other events on other channels
                A lot of people liked Beast.

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by amberdawn
                Me too.
                Last edited by Autumn; 05-17-2009, 06:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Bones moving to Thursday has really affected Smallville and their ratings. I mean a season finale is lower than last week's episode is alarming.

Comment

People are overlooking some strong competition that Smallville had. I live in the Los Angeles area, which is a hugh tv market. The Lakers which are very popular out here,were playing Houston during the same time as Smallville. If I didn't have dvr, I don't know what I would have done. Luckily, I watched Smallville and recorded the Laker game, as the Lakers crashed and burned, and I was able to fast forward through the carnage - worse than Clark vs Doomsday.

Comment

Ouch, season 8 went out with a whimper.

I have a healthy love for my DVR as well. But unfortunately Doomsday is getting deleted from it; if the episode were better I'd have a harder time letting go.

Please God, next season rights the wrongs of the second half of season 8.

Comment

I thought I would check out the ratings for the LA/Houston playoff game for last Thursday. It turns out that it was the highest rated basketball game in ESPN history - 5.4 (7.35 mil ) nationally. In Houston it received a 16.0 rating, and in LA it was rated at 13.0. I feel that this certainly had to have had a significant effect on Smallville's ratings. Here is a link - http://www.fangsbites.com/2009/05/ga...s-ratings.html

Comment

Can someone tell me the final ratings overall ?
                          (i find myself keep asking the same question lol)

Comment

Originally posted by LegendaryU2K
                            Can someone tell me the final ratings overall ?
                            (i find myself keep asking the same question lol)
                            Ratings So Far:
                            *Smallville S8 Finals:
                            #1 Odyssey ~ *4.34 mil & Live+7= 4.80 mil.

#2 Plastique ~ *4.18 mil. & Live+7= 4.78 mil.

#3 Toxic ~ *4.05 mil. & Live+7= 4.61 mil.

#4 Instinct ~ *4.12 mil. & Live+7= 4.71 mil.

#5 Committed ~ *4.18 mil. & Live+7= 4.73 mil.

#6 Prey ~ *4.16mil. & Live+7= 4.75 mil.

#7 Identity ~ *4.32 mil. & Live+7= 4.99 mil.

#8 Bloodline ~ *4.46 mil. & Live+7= 5.02 mil.

#9 Abyss ~ *3.56 mil. & Live+7= 4.38 mil.

#10 Bride ~ *4.19 mil. & (No Live+7 available, ever!)

#11 Legion ~ *4.30 mil. & Live+7= 4.89 mil.

#12 Bulletproof ~ *3.85 mil. & Live+7= 4.54 mil.

#13 Power ~ *4.21 mil. & Live+7= 4.94 mil.

#14 Requiem ~ *3.93 mil. & Live+7= 4.60 mil.

#15 Infamous ~ *3.57 mil. & Live+7= 4.22 mil.

#16 Turbulence ~ *3.49 mil. & Live+7= 4.09 mil.

#17 Hex ~ *3.80 mil. & Live+7= 4.49 mil.

#18 Eternal ~ *3.85 mil. & Live+7= 4.55 mil.

#19 Stiletto ~ *3.10 mil.

#20 Beast ~ *3.23 mil.

#21 Injustice ~ *3.39 mil.

#22 Doomsday ~ *3.13 mil.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Just saw, on iTunes, "Doomsday" is #6.
                            Last edited by SparkleforSmallville; 05-17-2009, 12:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Autumn
                              It could have been all the heavy promotion. Souders and Peterson made the episode sound atrocious IMO. I feared what was coming because of their interviews and I was right. Some, on the west coast probably looked up what happened, was horrified, and then just didn't tune in. Can't blame them. I hope the writers realize the huge backlash from Failsday!

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

A lot of people liked Beast.

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

Me too.
                              You are right but what I wanted to say is many were angry after Bulletproof to see Lana was back and look at the ratings for Power. And one the epi we were expecting the most (Stiletto) had some "bad" ratings. Sometimes it is so weird

Comment

In reference to ratings, I am really not surprised. Look at some of the shows that other networks have cancelled... Black Donnellys, Kidnapped, Threshold, Invasion, Surface, Pushing Daisies and, the worst cancellation of all... Traveller! All these shows were given rave reviews from the press but just cos the network would not give them the right promotion, they failed.
                                Now, look at the shows all the networks do get behind... J@GOFF REALITY SHOWS!!! I wonder what it would take to get the networks to realise that not all of us want to watch sub-human filth backstab each other for their 15 minutes of fame. Realise that there are people like us out there who like programs that make you sit up and keep you rivitted to the screen each week. Stop cancelling our shows!!!
                                Last edited by PatRicNasty; 05-17-2009, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎