Ratings for 'Doomsday'

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know, for a finale, man, thats horrible.

Comment

lol this ep deserves such a low rating

Comment

so did this episode get the lowest ratings ever for smallville? if thats so wow

Comment

lower than lana arc??

Comment

does ne one have the ratings for previous finale's?

Comment

Wow. That's horrible.

The show was a lot worse the second half of the season. It's too bad.

Comment

Stiletto was the worst rating (3.10), Doomsday second (3.13), third goes to Beast(3.23), follow by Injustice(3.39) then Turbulence(3.49).

----- Added 50 Seconds later -----

The last four episode got the worst rating in Smallville history...
                Last edited by OkiyaShuichi; 05-15-2009, 04:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by OkiyaShuichi
                  Stiletto was the worst rating (3.10), Doomsday second (3.13), third goes to Beast(3.23), follow by Injustice(3.39) then Turbulence(3.49).

----- Added 50 Seconds later -----

The last four episode got the worst rating in Smallville history...
                  So, looks like the Doomsday storyline didn't engage the audience in a crescendo towards the finale the way it should have. Shocker.

Comment

It deserved that rating for the reason that , that was not the finale we anticipated , not even a bit...This was the big battle !? ...

Comment

Originally posted by cloisthelegendbegins
                      So, looks like the Doomsday storyline didn't engage the audience in a crescendo towards the finale the way it should have. Shocker.
                      Eternal did well. The show lost about 700.000 viewers during it's last break. I don't know if we should blame the sporting events or just the fact that this arc went downhill after Chloe shut the door in Eternal. The answer usually isn't a simple one. I said this just above, but exactly how many day shots did we have in Doomsday? 3 i believe and one of them was indoors. And this isn't just about the Doomy arc because Stiletto was like this as well. For God sakes it's spring! Lighten it up a bit!

Comment

No surprise there. If not for the CW the show would be dead already. I'd feel embarassed if I were still be associated with the show. The Clark and Lois crap isn't helping either.

Comment

I don't like low ratings normally, but after what they've done in this episode, it was fair

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
                            Eternal did well. The show lost about 700.000 viewers during it's last break. I don't know if we should blame the sporting events or just the fact that this arc went downhill after Chloe shut the door in Eternal. The answer usually isn't a simple one. I said this just above, but exactly how many day shots did we have in Doomsday? 3 i believe and one of them was indoors. And this isn't just about the Doomy arc because Stiletto was like this as well. For God sakes it's spring! Lighten it up a bit!
                            I agree, the breaks really didn't help. But for me the main problem is the storytelling. Last season the Veritas storyline ripped off portions of the Da Vinci Code treasure hunt/secret society/etc. because that kind of thing was popular. This year they went the route of The Dark Knight thinking it might pull in viewers. Trouble is, Superman was never as dark as Batman and never should be IMO.

But at the end of the day they dropped viewers in the breaks, lost more when they came back with storylines that didn't grab the audience and hold them and then stalled, stalled and stalled some more on the way to the finale when they were up against stronger programming. I REALLY HOPE next season is planned from beginning to end with a coherant storyline that can build to a crescendo instead of chopping and changing direction, dropping storylines that brought the audience in and then throwing in storylines that deify characters at Clark Kent's expense.

Just want to add (not directed at you Costas) I'm not even going to respond to posts that accuse certain characters of being the ones to blame for ratings. First up, I'm not interested in adolescent bickering, and secondly it doesn't matter a damn who the character is if they're written WELL, with storylines that GRAB THE AUDIENCE and RESPECT the source material.

Comment

I'm very happy with that rating.

Comment

Originally posted by cloisthelegendbegins
                                I'm not even going to respond to posts that accuse certain characters of being the ones to blame for ratings. First up, I'm not interested in adolescent bickering, and secondly it doesn't matter a damn who the character is if they're written WELL, with storylines that GRAB THE AUDIENCE and RESPECT the source material.

ITA. I have been on board with this ever since the Power arc. Truth be told, the writing has been the cause of all of this. I do believe that Bones' move to Thursdays along with the sporting events in March, April and May caused this drop since Legion(only one episode got above 4mil in the second half of the season). However, was a neutral viewer ever really tempted to choose Smallville over these programs? Only when they weren't on the air. Peterson and Souders have a lot of soul searching to do this summer.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎