Ratings for 'Doomsday'

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are right but what I wanted to say is many were angry after Bulletproof to see Lana was back and look at the ratings for Power. And one the epi we were expecting the most (Stiletto) had some "bad" ratings. Sometimes it is so weird
    Believe me I know how easy it to read a board and that board has a consensus about something and automatically assume that it equals the rest of the worlds opinion. If you read the Transformers message boards shortly before the movie was released you had every fan boy and their brother saying that Michael Bay had better enjoy empty seats because no one was going to like seeing Optimus Prime with flames and lips. Some went so far as to claim that people in the audience would literally walk out of the theater the first time they saw Prime.

Did that happen? Of course it didn’t. My point is that why is it so “weird” to think that a character like Lana might be more popular with the audience at large than another character (I’ll assume you’re talking about Lois given you referenced “Stiletto”) just because one happens to be liked at K-Site and the other happens to be reviled?

It doesn’t surprise me at all. She’s an original character that the 8 million people who tuned into this show 8 years ago are familiar with and want to see what happens to her whether they love, hate, or are neutral about. Original characters are almost always going to be more popular than ones added to a cast later. Even hate is a form of popularity.

A rating of 3.13? The ratings were better the first half of the season when Lois was in almost all the episodes and the other half of the new show runners were there. Maybe they should put those 2 things back.

I still love Smallville. I didn't think it was a bad episode, just that there wasn't enough build up with Lois since she's never there anymore. I'll still be watching, and hoping for more Lois and Clark. I'm sure the ratings will go back up next season.
    This shows biggest problems isn’t more or less of any character. Their problem with their characters is that the characterizations are starting to suck because they have to figure out a way to keep Clark out of the suit for another year. Who wants to watch their favorite character (whoever that might be) act out of character just because a plot needs to be stretched? This show has become one giant stall because they can’t put Clark in the suit until the last episode (if ever) so every season they set up a little progression but invariably by the end of the season they have to take it all back.

This is show about how Clark becomes Superman but at this point it’s almost become a perverted reverse game of figuring out ways to keep that from happening because there is another season to fill.

I dont think they are accurate at all. I just watched it on my DVR. I was on vacation last week. What are the numbers if you include DVR watching. If some people are watching Bones live, then many are probably watching Smallville later on DVR.
    Which the execs aren’t going to care about. If you DVR it you’re going to fast forward the advertising.

Comment

Originally posted by SparkleforSmallville
      Yeah, I keep checking, but nothing yet. Another Nielsen delay!

Just hope we get them eventually. :/
      still no live+7 ratings ??

Comment

Originally posted by 6-Super-Man -5
        I know, for a finale, man, thats horrible.

That finale was horrible.

----- Added 12 Minutes later -----

I think they killed the show with the whole super lana thing. And then lois as a vigilante in high heels. They are reaching really far to get new material.
        Last edited by griffj17; 06-06-2009, 07:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by F..l
          still no live+7 ratings ??
          No, we left off at Stiletto. Here's the latest update:

Posted on 02 June 2009 by Bill Gorman
          "It’s been almost a month since we’ve seen DVR viewing data that lets us do our calculations and publish our regular tables. We hope the flow of data resumes soon, but cannot predict when it will."

Comment

ok, thank you for answer

Comment

is does sucks wowo 3.15 that s a let down i was expecting a little more.

Comment

Still no Live+7?

Comment

Originally posted by Clana Kent
                  Still no Live+7?
                  Does anybody know why there are no Live+7 ratings yet? Or has the person posting these ratings not been online in the last 4 months?

Comment

Originally posted by Clana Kent
                    Does anybody know why there are no Live+7 ratings yet? Or has the person posting these ratings not been online in the last 4 months?
                    Originally posted by SparkleforSmallville
                    No, we left off at Stiletto. Here's the latest update:
                    Posted on 02 June 2009 by Bill Gorman
                    "It’s been almost a month since we’ve seen DVR viewing data that lets us do our calculations and publish our regular tables. We hope the flow of data resumes soon, but cannot predict when it will."
                    ^^^The status hasn't really changed at the Site I get the ratings from. No retro ratings at all.
                    Since SV is in repeats, we will have to wait until S9 to get Live+7. Sadly, we may never know the Live+7 for Stiletto and the rest.:/

Comment

• Originally posted by SparkleforSmallville
                      ^^^The status hasn't really changed at the Site I get the ratings from. No retro ratings at all.
                      Since SV is in repeats, we will have to wait until S9 to get Live+7. Sadly, we may never know the Live+7 for Stiletto and the rest.:/
                      Ohh, that's too bad! Thanks for taking your time to answer though

Comment

• still no live+7 numbers??

Comment

• It was.......

It was really strange that Dommsday was much bigger in epizode 10 than he was in the "acuall" Doomsday epizode(the last epizode in season 8)
                          In epizode 10 a 100 of 10 possible ratings
                          And in the last epizode 2 ore 3 of 10 possible ratings
                          But a hope he come back and CK kicks his ass back to the stoneage(ore to big bang

Comment

• yes!
                            But superman movies always the best!
                            The most known superhero in dc comics/hulk in marvel comics!

Originally posted by Super Maverick
                            says you!

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎