No announcement yet.

Does this mean more LOIS?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Night_Hawk90
    Thats funny seeing as how clark was way more proactive in the earlier seasons when lois lane was not on this show. i realize that clark has gotten a bit more proactive this season but nothing compares to the earlier seasons 1-3
    Yeah. But I think the problem was what they did with Chloe in season 5 and also how in season 4 Clark was kept in the dark of the main plot. The effects these directions took were very bad for Clark. I do think Lois' presence in season 4 did prevent Clark from finding the stones, but it was done like that on purpose. Lois' purpose that season was to pair her with Clark to appease fans who wanted to see that while also keeping Clark away from looking for the stones. The football plot was also a distraction and one that made it easy to involve Lois in. After season 4, Lois' presence didn't have this effect anymore.

The main problem was them wanting to keep Clark away from the main storyline until the end of the season, which made him look like a BDA every single time.

Comment

More Lois? I hope so!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

yes more lois... she has 17 episode next season.... and a possible more... i just cross my finger on that

Comment

You all reminded me that Clark was soooo proactive during seasons 1-3, they were the best seasons of Smallville, I miss those times, it was the real Smallville for me. Season 8 and season 4 go in the second place for me, and I think that Lois from season 8 on should be the second leading hero after Clark, and Chloe should be in the B plot (not another way around as it was since season 5 till the end of season 7). So I hope we'll see 22 episodes of Lois, and her relationship with CK advancing!

Comment

Originally posted by Night_Hawk90
            Thats funny seeing as how clark was way more proactive in the earlier seasons when lois lane was not on this show. i realize that clark has gotten a bit more proactive this season but nothing compares to the earlier seasons 1-3
            I agree as far as Clark in the latent seasons. But Clark was never as proactive as he was back in the first 3 seasons. The greatest example is Shattered & what he went through & set up completely on his own to protect everyone.
            I won't deny that. For me personally, seasons 1-3 were the best and that was because of how he and other characters were written. Relationships were developed back then at it's natural pace without hindering Clarks developement. Charactisation and scripts spot and they still remain my favourate seasons. I say this as a Lois fan.

However the latter seasons showed Clark mope after Lana, especially season 6, where he lost his mojo! He'd come across wimpish and instead of developing, he was regressing. His relationship with Lana was ultimatly the result of that. Then Chloe in season 8 when she stopped Clark from sending Doomsday to the PZ. Another set back. However, from my understanding, Lois is the one female who has never regressed Clark into a simpering little boy but pushed him to do better. No small talk and worshiping him like Lana and Chloe did but treated him as Clark. She tells him how it is.

For me, I'm not comparing Clark to the seasons (though he was a better all rounder during 1-3) but comparing his behaviour around the women in his life and I think with Lois, he has come across the best so far. Out of them all, Clark is more pro-active around Lois. I genuinely think she brings out the best in him, as this season has so clearly demonstrated. Of course there is no reason why he can't be pro-active without the need of a female. We have seen that, many times.... but we've also seen him be pro-active around Lois, or at least more so than Lana and Chloe.
            Last edited by Selina; 06-09-2009, 05:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Selina
              I won't deny that. For me personally, seasons 1-3 were the best and that was because of how he and other characters were written. Relationships were developed back then at it's natural pace without hindering Clarks developement. Charactisation and scripts spot and they still remain my favourate seasons. I say this as a Lois fan.

However the latter seasons showed Clark mope after Lana, especially season 6, where he lost his mojo! He'd come across wimpish and instead of developing, he was regressing. His relationship with Lana was ultimatly the result of that. Then Chloe in season 8 when she stopped Clark from sending Doomsday to the PZ. Another set back. However, from my understanding, Lois is the one female who has never regressed Clark into a simpering little boy but pushed him to do better. No small talk and worshiping him like Lana and Chloe did but treated him as Clark. She tells him how it is.

For me, I'm not comparing Clark to the seasons (though he was a better all rounder during 1-3) but comparing his behaviour around the women in his life and I think with Lois, he has come across the best so far. Out of them all, Clark is more pro-active around Lois. I genuinely think she brings out the best in him, as this season has so clearly demonstrated. Of course there is no reason why he can't be pro-active without the need of a female. We have seen that, many times.... but we've also seen him be pro-active around Lois, or at least more so than Lana and Chloe.
              I agree. Lana & Chloe hinder Clark. This started as of season 5, maybe even season 4 for Lana. Though I'd say in season 4, Clark was kept from looking for the stones mainly due to the storylines he was used in (football, fillers w/ Lois, witch Lana, etc). Chloe's changed role in season 5 had a serious detrimental effect on Clark. I was watching a scene in Arctic where Chloe told Clark that Edward Teague's body was found in the wreckage of a plane in New York state. She tells him how she hacked into the NTSB and found the voice/data recording. This is such full of crap, since the NTSB doesn't upload that stuff online. In the old days, Clark would have kept tabs of such things. In the old days, they would have instead had him superspeed to the NTSB warehouse (like the Winchesters did in the Supernatural episode Phantom Traveler), break in and listen to the voice/data recorder himself. Instead, Clark in season 7 (and seasons 5 & 6) had a 1 track mind with Lana as the only thing.

The thing is, Lois doesn't do this to him. The only thing with Lois is that so far she has gotten every story even ones that Clark put a great deal of effort investigating (like in Plastique & Stiletto). If they don't resolve the abandoning of his human lifestyle soon, that would mean he will quit his job and this series will end without him ever writing an article. Failing to show him writing a streak of front page articles will fail to show how he lands his legendary job as an ace reporter on Perry's team. They already screwed up by having him get into the Daily Planet without any credentials, and now they're going to probably screw this up too.

Comment

I hope not, because they will crap on her, like they did Chloe this season if she is in more. 13 is good,

Comment

I hope so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Yeah, more Lois for S9!!!

Comment

lois should be in more episodes than chloe. this should be chloe's last yr as a regular as far as i'm concerned.....her character has nothing left to explore now.

1) she no longer has a power
                      2) she is no longer possessed by brainiac
                      3) her relationship with jimmy olsen ended
                      4) she is no longer the fixation of doomsday
                      5) she is no longer a reporter....working on this isis foundation that is in the background, although thy did throw it into the main story a few times last season.

Comment

^^
                        Another reason to have Lois in more episodes is so they can have some Chloe / Lois interaction. I like it when they have their (rare) scenes together, and I thought Lois' concern for her missing cousin was great in 8-22.

Comment

I always thought that Lois should had been in it more once they got to Metropolis, and that Lana would only have a few scenes, etc.
                          Instead it was almost the way around. Oh well.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎