Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Season Finale of the Series?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hmmm, Commencement was my favorite, but than Arctic came around and the final scene makes the whole episode for me, so i would pick Arctic as the best

Comment

• Originally posted by vyperman7
      The only two parts I liked were the Chlark kiss and the Clex fight near the end.
      When I think back to Vessel, I only remember the kiss (and Clark catching the car and saving Chloe!), the fight, and Clark in the Phantom Zone glass. I don't even really remember anything else from that episode--which tells you something right there!

Covenant isn't overrated at all to me. It is my favorite finale.
      Me too, Ryan! Actually it's one of my top 10 episodes of SV (ah, Adrienne, why couldn't you have been Supergirl for real?!) but yeah, best of the finales to date, IMO.

Comment

• Phantom had me on the edge of my seat

Comment

• "Covenant" or "Commencement".

Comment

• Today I finally got my DVD's from Amazon! I immediately went straight for the commentaries and then for season finale. After it was first aired and the outraged that evolved after that, I can honestly say that I have had a change of heart.
            I hated the season finale so much it hurted =(
            But as I rewatched, I find that this episode is very different than the previous season finales. I understand completely that we as viewers and fans, wanted more action and less talk but you know what? It was pretty good, although it was highly contained, we see the disappointment in Clark's face (or is it Kal-el?) in humanity.
            We see the depression that Clark suffers and how he has come to set aside all those values that the Kents gave him, maybe he's interpreting them as something bad. But they're not bad at all, having morals and values is a good thing and makes you extremely aware of what is happening in your surroundings. Still, you get to choose sometimes between what is moral and what is the right thing to do.
            I cannot wait for next season and hope that we see a more mature clark like in the season finale and get to see how he learns to balance good and evil.

Comment

• Not Even Close!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Well i only watched season 8 so far so ill say doomsday

Comment

• I'll give a slight edge to the Phantom ending,as to me Doomsday was soo anti-climatic I was kindof irked off.
                  *They've could of done a great matrix-isc type battle with Clark/Doomsday but 4 punches thrown,and then Clarks tackle was so unworthy.

Comment

• Commencement hands down. I was on the edge of my seat the whole episode and then when it ended I wanted to scream.

Comment

• nice, thanks for bringing this thread back. Now I can read the rest of the posts since my post.

Originally posted by gj430
                      ...I actually thought it was pretty good except the fight but it I don't know if it would be my second favorite...
                      For me the fight was what it was all about. At least they made up for disappointing Doomsday w/ the next season finale fight w/ Zod.

Originally posted by Brory
                      Commencement and Vessel, for sure.

Worst: PHANTOM! I HATE IT!
                      (Arctic is pretty bad too, but i hate Phantom soooo much more!)
                      Really? You hate Phantom? why?

Originally posted by Welling_is_pretty
                      When I think back to Vessel, I only remember the kiss (and Clark catching the car and saving Chloe!), the fight, and Clark in the Phantom Zone glass. I don't even really remember anything else from that episode--which tells you something right there!
                      exact same things I remember which tells me what it tells you

Originally posted by theotherJane
                      Season 4 - Commencement -- A second meteor shower is headed for Smallville. Jor-El says that Clark must get all the Crystals. Lana may be wanted for murder. Lois is leaving to find her sister in Europe. Clark's graduation ceremony gets interrupted.
                      I don't remember this episode very well, but don't recall being very impressed except to see the end reveal and what was finally made with all the stones together. This was an extended episode right? Did it have the Superman Returns trailer premiere? - the first one?

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎