No announcement yet.

Is Jacob really dead?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Jacob really dead?

He was stabbed that easily, the man's been shown to do magical things but he was stabbed.

It was definitely odd, I agree. I, too, wonder if he's really as much of a goner as he seems to be. He definitely was revealed to be very powerful, and survived for a lengthy period of time. I posted in another section a theory that he's like many "immortal" characters in comic books and other media in that he cannot die unless he is killed, if that makes sense. In other words, he'd go on being ageless and living his normal life at the same age unless someone murdered him. I wonder why it had to be Ben though, or if it really DID have to be him and could have been anyone OTHER than faux-Locke (the guy who first talked to Jacob in the episode's intro).

--SGuthrie ><>' --

Comment

ya i have no clue what is going on and smokey seemed to have wanted him to or he wouldnt have told ben to follow locke but then agian that wasnt locke.

Comment

We might see Jacob pull a Houdini. Who knows?

Comment

Maybe the knife Ben stabbed Jacob with was the "special" knife that Richard brought to test John Locke as a child. So maybe that was one of the only weapons that could bring harm to Jacob, it's just that Mr. Smokey(black shirt guy from beginning) had to get someone else to use it.

I don't think Jacob is dead. I think that the losties went through another time flash right before the bomb went off in the 70's. This will bring them back to the island in 2007 maybe just before Jacob got stabbed. Hense, this will start the "war" that Charles Widmore talked about.

Comment

ya maybe locke choosing the knife was what he was ment to choose.

Comment

That wasn't Locke it was Jacob's enemy in Locke's disguise. But Jacob he's going to come back because he's supposed to be divine.

Comment

Originally posted by Kryptonian250
                That wasn't Locke it was Jacob's enemy in Locke's disguise. But Jacob he's going to come back because he's supposed to be divine.

I know that wasn't Locke stabbing Jacob. What I was saying had more to do with the knife Mr. Smokey was using. I said that the knife he used to stab Jacob may have been the knife we saw when Richard went to test John Locke as a young child.

Comment

But like Obi-Wan said, Jacob will do. "If you strike me down, I will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine"

Comment

I honestly hope that Jacob is dead. I would still like to see Jacob in flashbacks next season, but if he's not dead then they just went through that whole thing for nothing.

Comment

unless his death ment something but ya we have to wait for something to happen because of his death and need to learn more about his connections to these new people and what he did to make richard live forever or whatever.

Comment

Jacob is a mystery, he could be like Jesus Christ or like Obi-Wan.

Comment

maybe it is a wink to obi wan since they have lots of star war refrences on the show.

Comment

"Hence forth, you shall be known as Darth...Linus"

Comment

IMHO Jacob is dead...We non-the-less will see his story via flashbacks.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎