Special Effects in Doomsday

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can any of the special effects bring Lois back!!
    hhaha!

Comment

well you do have to remember they did get shafted in series budget this year so yes some things had to be reused. But its not the first time heck in past seasons for example when ever we saw a night exterior shot of luthor mansion it was the same old shot used way back in season 1. Then a few metroplois scenes been reused/edited over a few times.

But for tonights special effects, i liked rokk flying, lois poofing to the future, the completed DD/clark fight, and zod rebirth.

Comment

Great effects! Rokk flying looked cool, and the rebirth of Zod and the fight between Clark and Doomsday looked awesome, shame it didn't last longer though.

Comment

The orb/Zod logo thing at the end was sweet!

Comment

^Yeah that was awesome too!

Comment

excellent efx

Comment

I've seen better efx in smallville..... I expected a little more, but I guess what disappointed me the most was how short and not lively enough the battle turned out to be

Comment

I thought the FX in this episode was probably on of the best of the show.

Comment

Zod at the end, Rokk at the beginning (awesome 3D work on Rokk's character flying, really nice), Doomsday/Davis separation.

Also, I love the way they used slow-mo, like at the end when CK lefts.
                    The look of the new set, Watchtower, is also beautiful so that's another +. Although they should really work on superspeed effect (red and blue blur isn't enough, even S3 had better effects for running), everything else is really nice.

Comment

I liked them all I think they do a good job with the lower budget they have to work with.

Comment

actualy it was awful... but I liked moments with slow time, when Oliver goes out of Clark and when Clark walks away in the end of episode )
                        But Doomasday....he was just like toy! Big toy =) not impressive at all...

Comment

^Really? I thought Doomsday looked great, and they don't exactly have a movie budget to work with.

Comment

Not really a special effect.........I did like the fact Davis's t-shirt had strerch marks from the boney protrusions when Chloe split him from DD. Of course, he had a new t-shirt by the time they got to the new watchtower.

Comment

special effects= orrible

Comment

SUPERSPEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its like CRACK! cant gt enough

.....im way too excited by his use of powers.... then again, thats what i wanted to originally get out of smallville, s ofor me, the special effects ARE what makes the show... not so much NOW, but still a small part of me loves it..

anyway, clark and doomsday, that whole part.... expecially his superpeed in the begenning...

i wish he'd spammed it more...not like doomsday ca n really sprspeed..
                                and, im okay with bart not superspeeding this one time...but it's for reasons that id rather not say, it'll cause a big fuss

----- Added 32 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by SnowBird
                                I liked them all I think they do a good job with the lower budget they have to work with.
                                LOWER?????????????????????????

:O
                                Last edited by tippership commander; 05-20-2009, 08:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎