Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Doomsday" Countdown/LIVE Discussion Thread!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was almost definitely Sam.

If it were Michael, they would have made it very obvious.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZeoVGM
      It was almost definitely Sam.

If it were Michael, they would have made it very obvious.
      I totally agree. If it wasn't sam it was someone with similar muscle definition in the shoulders. Michael never looked like that.

So it wasn't all bad...we did get to see an epic cat fight and Tess in silk nightgown.

I still would have liked more of a fight between clark and doomsday, or some other explanation as to what happened once clark got him to the plant. Instead we got, "She pushed the button, and uhhhhhh I don't know what happened."

So many open ends and questions..this show always does that. Usually, during the next episode you find out something "unexplained" happened and that we just shouldn't worry about the details. Lazy writing IMO. The action never seems to tell the story...that's what the melodramatic conversations are for apparently.

Once again, this show has built up my expectations slowly and deliberately over the course of the season...and then dashed them to pieces with one scene change (i.e. from the plant explosions to the dawn over metropolis).

I'm swearing off smallville for good.

----- Added 52 Seconds later -----

Who am I kidding? Come September I'll be chomping at the bit to see what happened.
      Last edited by Qual-El; 05-14-2009, 07:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• Originally posted by hanna1804
        Henry James Olsen?? So Jimmy's little brother is actually gonna be the real Jimmy!!! Yay, it makes sense now, because Jimmy is supposed to be younger than Clark!
        Yep.

At the funeral, the name they called the Jimmy Olsen (who died) that we've been seeing the past seasons on the show is Henry James Olsen.

Jimmy Olsen from the comics is James Bartholemew "Jimmy" Olsen. I'd assume thats the younger brother, who Chloe gave the camera to.

So the writers tricked us this whole time, making us think that we've been seeing the Jimmy Olsen from the Comics when in fact the real one is his little brother.

Comment

• Originally posted by OchrismongrelO

So the writers tricked us this whole time, making us think that we've been seeing the Jimmy Olsen from the Comics when in fact the real one is his little brother.
          No, they didn't. When they introduced him, he was always meant to be the real Jimmy Olsen.

This was a random plot twist they did for shock value. They retconned the show. For no reason.

Comment

• I havnt seen it yet, im in the uk, im waiting for it to air online.
            According to smallville.***** they claim that Michael rosenbaum is general Zod lol
            They've removed it now lol Must have been a prankster. I really want to watch this episode now =/

Comment

No, they didn't. When they introduced him, he was always meant to be the real Jimmy Olsen.

This was a random plot twist they did for shock value. They retconned the show. For no reason.
              Exactly! This was definitely a retcon for the finale. He definitely was meant to be the real Jimmy when he was introduced. It's a cheap plot device in my opinion.

Comment

• Great going Ausiello.The only surprising part was the fact that Jimmy's brother is the REAL Superman's pal.Makes sense.It wasn't until Jimmy knew Clark's secret that he felt like Jimmy and not some stand-in for Chloe's love life.

Sadly that was the only surprising thing in tonight's episode.This final racks up with season seven and eight's in terms of lackluster.I was one of the few or maybe just one person who didn't buy into Ausiello's hype that Clark's battle with Doomsday was going to be a real smackdown.The only fight we have ever gotten in this series was the one in Combat.Superman's battle with his greatest nemisis was reduced to a FOTW-esque brawl.But maybe that was the point.Clark's not Superman and therfore cannot fight something so powerful.Yet Doomsday's apparent demise was pretty anti-climatic.

What a waste of bringing in Rokk,Bart and Dinah.Thank you TPTB,I hope it was worth scaling down the SFX budget.Impulse has been missing for two years now and this was best way to bring him in?

Lois going to the 31st century.Maybe the writers have twisted the role of Kara and make Lois fall in love with Brainiac 5 and remain in the future with him.Also,Clark never went back to the Daily Planet to check on the ring?? Plothole!!!!

Oh yeah,what happened last week's ending? The one with the orb yammering on about Kandor,levitating and bathing Tess in a purple light? I figured it could be expanded upon next season or if that was TPTB suddenly dropping continuity as usual.

Maybe because it was specualted in the spoilers and then finally revealed in the promo's but Davis pulling a Carrie and emerging from the ground to be the vessel for Zod was just as anticlimatic and for once I wasn't on the edge of my seat wondering what was happening next.Also why was Tess in her nightgown? How come she wasn't hunting down Lois,who suddenly vanished and was the only person who knew about the orb.I'd be far more concered about finding her than sleeping.

All in all.Doomsday was lackluster.PS2-PS,did phenomanal in bringing Clark back to his roots as being a hero and progressed his character in ways the AlMiles couldn't or rather wouldn't do.Brought in tons of continiuty and DC references.

Hopefully they can handle bringing in back Zod for a PROPER villian role.

Also was Clark leaving a reference to him leaving to go train like in the movies? If so then congradulations.Clark does leave for awhile.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Striving ArtistŪ
                  Maybe because it was specualted in the spoilers and then finally revealed in the promo's but Davis pulling a Carrie and emerging from the ground to be the vessel for Zod was just as anticlimatic and for once I wasn't on the edge of my seat wondering what was happening next.Also why was Tess in her nightgown? How come she wasn't hunting down Lois,who suddenly vanished and was the only person who knew about the orb.I'd be far more concered about finding her than sleeping.

Just wondering, did we actually see Davis come up from the ground? I mean, typically when you see the parent of a male character on Smallville (or at least how they looked in the past), it's the same actor. So, because of the fact that he was genetically engineered, he may have been made to look like Zod in his original form.
                  I really don't think it's actually Davis (unless I missed something while watching the finale, which is entirely possible), just the same actor.

But that's just my two cents. [shrug]

Comment

What are you talking about? If that was Michael, they definitely would have showed his face.
                    No, it wasnīt MR, but Iīm almost 100% sure that was one of his body doubles standing as him. It appears Lexīll be Zodīs vessel once again. Why donīt they let the guy be for Godīs sake?! Theyīve already ruined too much, donīt you think?

Comment

• By the gods! You've reached 273 pages! And only left you an hour before the finale aired!!! This is outstanding!

Comment

• Ive been watching smallville for the last 8 years. i just recently started re watching season 1-7 im on season 6 right now. it's terrible how bad this show has gotten compared to what it used to be. Now im a loyal SV Fan i have never dogged it when when my friends tease me about watching. but man season 7 started going way down hill with the whole veritas thing, i hated that. now i always thought season 4 was the worst i hated the stones, the lana witch thing it was way off. but after this season finally tonight i have to say i hated this season, it was terrible. NO direction, no budget. how many times did clark x-ray this season......NOT ONCE, how many times did he use heat vision........twice and it looked so crappy they shouldnt of had him use it. the budget it crippling Clark kent as a character. not to mention missing one of the major charcters of the show Lex luthor. I was expecting a smackdown with clark and doomsday all we got were a few punches and a jump. I hated the jimmy switch. what little brother would want to be called by his dead brothers nick name Jimmy it's horrible writing. not to mention the lois tess desk wrestling, what the hell. I hope the end it next season and do the fans who been watching a service and end it the way it should be ended...true and with dignity. Because i dont want this anymore. Tom welling i think could be the greatest Superman, I just dont think he wants to be.

Comment

• I thought Davis was dead and that Zod just created a new Corporeal body. So Jimmy has a Younger Brother named Jimmy? Interesting twist I suppose but considering Jimmy and Chloe had a wedding don't you think his younger brother would have been present? oi Vey.

They could have had at least a bit better of a fight rather than having Clark get pummeled relentlessly and then him Hulk-Jumping Doomsday into the Pit of Death. Plus with him at the end denouncing his Human side I full expected him to pull a Neo when he left the Watchtower and fly off.

Comment

• Originally posted by darkone
                            That Clois scene was supposed to make the audience forget about the awesome Clana? Not in a million years. YMMV

Furthermore Clark regresses to Season 2 standard. What a crap. God Lana come back and kick his arse! And that twist with Jimmy is bold. BOLD I say. The best scene was fake!Jimmy and Clark. I hope the ratings tank-the Episode deserves it.
                            ITA Clana unforgetteable!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎