Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lantern

Lantern

Premise: Hal Jordan, known around the universe as the world’s greatest Green Lantern. This is the story of how the fly boy became the legend he is today. Watch as he embraces his destiny as the first Green Lantern of Earth. Along the way he must not only deal with extraterrestrial criminals but ones back on Earth as well. He also struggles to get back into the cockpit of a plane again after his discharge from the Air Force.

Cast
    Season Regulars:

Jake Gyllenhaal - Hal Jordan/Green Lantern
    Formerly a Captain in the Air Force, after being discharged he struggles to find another way to fly. He gets his chance to do that and more more when the Green Lantern of his 'sector' of space passes on his ring to him as he becomes the new Green Lantern of sector 2814: A person who can overcome great fear.

Michelle Ryan- Carol Ferris
    Daughter of Carl Ferris, owner of Ferris Air which is a big aeronautics testing company that is getting even bigger. Her father however is in bad health and she must now head the company herself after being forced out of the cockpit. She has a strict policy of not dating employees but she has a huge crush on the new Green Lantern.

John Cho - Tom Kalmaku
    A mechanic for Ken Arden who continues working when Ferris Air buys him out. He is an expert on planes and befriends Hal Jordan and finds out about his secret identity. He helps him out from time to time.

Hugh Laurie - Hector Hammond
    A brilliant scientist who specializes in aeronautics as well as objects that come from space. He is quite creepy though and has a thing for Carol Ferris. He causes lots of problems for the new Green Lantern and wants his power for himself.

Viggo Mortensen – Sinestro
    Green Lantern of Space Sector 2817, the most orderly sector in the universe. He is quite proud of this fact and is known as the greatest Green Lantern there is. His mentor was Abin Sur and when he passes on his ring to Hal Jordan he decides to mentor him as well.

Reoccurring:
    Corey Burton - Abin Sur
    TBA - Tomar-Re
    Ron Pearlman - Kilowog
    TBA - Legion
    Justin Long - Bito Wladon/Sonar

Episode Guide:
    1.01 Pilot
    Hal as a young boy watches his father die in the air. He is then forbidden to go near an airfield or plane again. This drives a wedge between him and his family and he runs away to enlist in the Air Force. Hal is discharged though after repeated insubordination, and he must now find some other way to fly again.

1.02 Ferris
    Hal begins working for Arden, and meets & befriends Tom Kalmaku. But then Arden sells to Ferris Air and Hal is unsure of what to do. Two objects crash land from Space, one in California and one in Africa.
    Special Guest star Corey Burton as Abin Sur and another character.

1.03 Ring
    While out for a drive Hal encounters the ring and it zooms him over to the crash site of Abin Sur where he becomes the Green Lantern. He makes his heroic debut as well.
    Special Guest star Corey Burton as Abin Sur.
    Last edited by dash142; 05-13-2009 at 10:21 PM.

Here is a trailer for the series.
    A small faint Green Lantern symbol is seen in the distance on a black screen.

CUT TO

A large area of outer space is seen.

FADE IN

In Brightest Day

CUT TO

A young Hal cheering as he and several others watch his dad test fly a new fighter plane.

FADES BACK TO THE SPACE SCENERY

In Blackest Night

CUT TO

On a rainy night in a graveyard, a human Green Lantern and a dark magenta colored one struggle against a monstrous red alien creature.

No Evil Shall Escape My Sight

CUT TO

Hal in Green Lantern attire in the sky, he raises his fist with his ring glowing green and prepares to sling something at something.

Let Those Who Worship Evil’s Might

CUT TO

Shows a man cornered by the huge red monstrous alien, though you still don’t get a clear look at it.

Beware My Power

CUTS TO

Hal is at the graveyard in the rainy night; slinging his ring fist, sending a green fighter jet down on the huge red monstrous alien.

Green Lantern’s Light!

CUTS TO

The Green Lantern symbol from the beginning is on the screen again, but it is now bigger and brighter. It begins to give a glow quickly and then explodes/expands making the whole screen green.

This looks really promising. I can't wait to read it. I wish you the best in making this fic happen. If you need help writing scenes, as in teaming up in writing an episode or something, just let me know. I'd be happy to help.

MOS Season 3 10/17!! Rival X The Great's Avatar
    thats dido for me if you ever need help i got you. Love the trailer. Especially the green lantern chant.

Thanks guys I hope I don't disappoint.
    I made changes to who plays Jordan and Carol so that they are younger.

Also I added the description for episode 3. I will add the next three episodes once we get done with the first three episodes. (Or If I'm just bored lol)

thats great. So wil finally see green lantern episode 3. So is Sinestro going to train Hal Jordan like in emerald dawn arc?

Yes but I haven't got to read that one so it's gonna be based more on Secret Origins version so I can do the red lanterns and the light wars later on. Hector will be causing more trouble than he did in that though and he doesn't get his powers untill next season.

true i don't really know that much about Green Lantern.

I'll probably pick up more of the Green Lantern books next time I see them; I only have Secret Origin and I hear Emerald Dawn is way better (except for maybe the art of course), I just had my birthday last week so I'm loaded right now. But I've read all the human's wikipedia pages (and their pages on green lantern wiki) so I know a lot already.

that's cool. I never really was a fan of Green Lantern. The only reason I brought Hal Jordan in Frontier because I thought it would bring views on my series. Something like in real television shows.

Lol that's how I feel about some people. Like Aquaman in JLU cartoon, he stinks. I like him in that new Batman show though, he looks more like the classic version. Aqualad on Teen Titans was cooler than his JLU version.

what? to me JLU was the best Aquaman. He was more tougher instead of campy version. I don't like the new Batman show. I'm big fan of Batman Tas of 90s and The Batman.

Yeah I like those shows better too, but Aquaman on JLU was a bit too tough. He also didn't have any humor at all.

Anyways I started writing episode one, but starting tomorrow I'll be too busy to work on it untill Friday at least.

i understand man. take your time. I can't wait to read it.

Here's the opening for the show that I probably put way too much description into rofl.
    [Opening Credits]
    -Heroes by Shinedown plays-
    Lantern appears on the screen in the sky over Ferris Air in bold green letters. The letters spread apart and we see Hal’s father crash the plane he died in.

Scenes of the characters play behind the actor on screen. Jake Gyllenhaal is shown with a fighter jacket on as Hal. He raises his right fist and we see the ring on his finger glows green which soon glows around his whole body. When it fades out we see him in his Green Lantern suit. Next we see Michelle Ryan as Carol Ferris in a pink dress, she irradiates a pink glow before it moves on to show John Cho as Tom Kalmaku in his mechanic outfit holding a wrench. Next we see an unshaven Hugh Laurie as Hector Hammond on screen in a tan suit with a sinister smile on his face. We see Viggo Mortensen as Sinestro now with pinkish skin and black hair in his Green Lantern suit that matches Hal’s. As it ends we see numerous Green Lanterns flying through space.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast