Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have they/Will they ever release the original "Veritas"?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have they/Will they ever release the original "Veritas"?

I've heard that there was an original 90 minute episode of "Veritas" that was intended to be the season finale until the show got more episodes for Season 7. Are we ever going to be able to watch that episode? I think if they're smart they will release it for the fans, I want to see how they would have wraped up Season 7.

My guess is that some (but probably not all) of the ideas from the longer "Veritas" were shifted into later episodes. This helps explain (to a certain extent) why certain events felt more rushed in the long run (such as Lex killing Lionel in "Descent", or discovering the Fortress so quickly in "Arctic").

Comment

A 90 minute episode was speculated but never confirmed. I doubt that it was actually 90 minutes. I think fans just wanted it. What would have been nice to see was Veritas as it was going to appear before the strike was resolved. Unfortunately, that will never happen. They used parts that had been filmed originally for Veritas and used them in other later episodes. I'm not sure a "completed" Veritas was ever cut, although the script was definitely made. Maybe they could just release that?

Comment

Thanks for the responses!

I agree, it would be nice to somehow see how they were going to end the season. I feel it might have actually been a better ending than what we actually got.

Comment

Originally posted by Atomic girl
          A 90 minute episode was speculated but never confirmed. I doubt that it was actually 90 minutes. I think fans just wanted it. What would have been nice to see was Veritas as it was going to appear before the strike was resolved. Unfortunately, that will never happen. They used parts that had been filmed originally for Veritas and used them in other later episodes. I'm not sure a "completed" Veritas was ever cut, although the script was definitely made. Maybe they could just release that?
          Was Veritas originally supposed to lack the gaping plotholes that we ended up getting?

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎