Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parasite stealing Clark's powers

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Clark "loosing his power" over all is rediculous to me. Kryptonians has power because the yellow suns effect to their DNA, it's not an energy type of power it's more natural it's the physical body itself that is the power. So the only way you should be able to steal a Kryptonians power is to inhabit one. The "transfering" and "stealing" of kryptonian is rediculous.....oh well it's sci-fi.

Comment

If thats true then how in the comics did superman lose his invinciblilty after a continued battering? He wasnt bringing in enough solar energy to replentish the amount needed to save him from DDs attacks.

Comment

I also expected him to die while trying to take clarks powers

Comment

Originally posted by vyperman7
          This version of Parasite is based off of being a meteor freak, whose power targets meteor enhanced abilities.
          Where'd you get that from?

The actor looked familiar to me, but I was sure we hadn't met Parasite before in Smallville... so I checked and found that the actor playing him hasn't been on the show in the past. So how did you work out his origin story and what this specific version can and cannot do?

As has been mentioned, Parasite in the animated series and comics is always taking Superman's powers. How this is achieved is as irrelevant as the physical explanation for how a yellow sun allows Superman to change the gravitational force on his body - going up and down, changing direction on a dime (because he's certainly not pushing against air pressure or flying along air currents without wings, and he doesn't have any rocket boosters).

Comment

Clark Loosing his powers... AGAIN

Well... This was discussed already, but here we have clark loosing his powers yet again... Only to have them back because someone else willingly gave them back... Now.. this was totally in front of Oliver Queen....

This opens up a can of worms in the way that Olie can take Clark's power with the help of that kid, and.... that kid can take Clark's power whenever he deems like it or if he can surprise Clark.

I just wish that these plots just quit. They make Clark totally defenseless against*insert whatever lame magical power there is*... Since it was a meteor power, Clark should have been TOTALLY immune to the power. Just like the truth one from Chloe a good while back....

Thoughts?

Comment

yep. he was also supposed to be immune to Sebastian
              looks like the writers have changed their minds about Clark being immune to meteor powers

Comment

Since it was a meteor power, Clark should have been TOTALLY immune to the power.
                Exactly what I said when I was watching. It totally upset me because his powers should never even be in question.

Comment

yeah that was totally stupid...... I was like what the hell is up with that!?

Comment

Err... you guys do know that Parasite already exists in the DC universe, and has done - with those exact powers - for a long time, right???

And yes, he can take Superman by surprise and get his powers whenever he feels like it. That's what he does, others have already mentioned it in this thread. Of course, it's only temporary, but the Smallville writers could easily say that neither he nor Clark knew that yet in this episode.

I don't see the big deal when this is an established character with established powers. They didn't just bring him out of nowhere and break the rules.

By the way:

Originally posted by the highlander
                    They make Clark totally defenseless against*insert whatever lame magical power there is*...
                    was quite an amusing comment, in light of the fact that - other than kryptonite - Superman's only known weakness is to magic!

Comment

Originally posted by vyperman7
                      Is anyone else sick of how the writers handle Clark losing his powers?

Parasite's ability is to steal powers from meteor infected people. Clark is not a human infected by the meteors. He is an alien from another planet, whose biological makeup is affected by Earth's yellow sun. This is what seperates him from being just another run of the mill meteor freak. Since Clark's powers are not from the meteors, Parasite should not have been able to take his powers or inherit Clark's weakness to Kryptonite. Kryptonite is only lethal to people from Krypton. Parasite only takes a meteor power. He doesn't take someone's biological makeup or their origins.

They did the same thing with Eric in Asylum in regards to Kryptonite as well. This has always bugged me.
                      Maybe Parasite was'nt a real metero freak could the been a metahuman who could absorbed powers but the first power he absorbed was a metero freak so he assumed he was a metero freak. I mean if he absorbed AC, Bart or Dina powers he would know he was'nt a metero freak. Just think of Rogue she can abosrbed some aliens powers from what I heard. Maybe Clark not the only Alien he could get powers. He could probably get powers from the Titan or Aldar.
                      Last edited by kp1984; 05-10-2009, 06:57 AM.

Comment

you know what's really stupid?
                        meteor freaks are infected by meteor rocks! they actually have them in their body
                        you'd think that would affect parasite when he's vulnerable to kryptonite

Comment

I know nobody seems to be listening... but Parasite isn't actually a meteor freak. I believe he got his power from biohazardous/radioactive materials that were inside a waste storage container. He probably got confused.

So all this Smallville-slamming is a bit redundant.

Comment

This opens up a can of worms in the way that Olie can take Clark's power with the help of that kid, and.... that kid can take Clark's power whenever he deems like it or if he can surprise Clark.
                            As stated above, parasite only keeps the powers temporarily. Ollie would only have them temporarily. He got lucky with Clark the first time. Next time all it takes is some flame eyes or ice breath and its bye bye parasite.

They make Clark totally defenseless against*insert whatever lame magical power there is*... Since it was a meteor power, Clark should have been TOTALLY immune to the power. Just like the truth one from Chloe a good while back....
                            An all powerful Clark is boring anyways. It isn't a meteor power and no, clark is only immune to some meteor powers. Otherwise Chloe could not have healed him for a start...

Comment

why couldnt they have written in the real rudy jones? or at least the one from STAS where hes coated with radioactive waste and can absorb any energy? since when can he give back powers? He's always lost the power over time and had to come back for more if he wanted it.

Comment

Originally posted by magic
                                you know what's really stupid?
                                meteor freaks are infected by meteor rocks! they actually have them in their body
                                you'd think that would affect parasite when he's vulnerable to kryptonite
                                Maybe that's why he was still weak after Oliver left with the greenK. His own DNA started attacking him since it was infected by Green K. Clark did say if you want the pain to go away give me the power. Once he did things were fine. Other krytoinans would heal like immediatly after green K is gone. Yeah I think it did effect parasite

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎