Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Something's not right: Oliver jumps into bed after stealing black-k?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well then, if I was Clark, there's no way I'd ever depend on this guy. Because to be that stupid would jeopardize too many things.

I still can't believe he would be that stupid. We saw him in Identity put aside the pleasure to help Clark. Why didn't he then stash the Green Arrow uniform in another room in Bloodline and come back naked in front of the temporarily paralyzed Tess? Doing that in Bloodline would be as stupid as what it seems like he did in Injustice.

Comment

good theory. his behavior have changed since reqiuem but i don't think ollie is a clone. (god i hope not)

Originally posted by xrayvision
      I thought something was very wrong after seeing Green Arrow break into the vault & having plenty of time to leave, but instead just get into bed naked with Tess. I can't be the only one who thought this. Why would he risk everything he did by getting the black-k to just jump into bed with Tess when he could have easily shot down anyone in his way with an arrow? There's no way I buy that. I'm really starting to think that my theory is true and that there are currently 2 Olivers---the real one & Lex. I'd say the real one was the one in bed while Lex was the one who stole the black-k. He knew exactly where to get it (where the vault was).

I posted a theory after seeing Requiem that I refined after seeing Hex:

Post your wildest theories, speculation, musings about what's going to happen on the show. ALL threads containing spoilers must be marked with the word SPOILER in the subject line.

I think Lex met with Zatanna's father (John Zatara) before he died and forced him to change his body to look like Oliver's (like Zatanna did to Chloe's body in Hex to make her look like Lois) or else he would kill Zatanna. So John Zatara complied & called Zatanna to say goodbye because he knew what would happen next. Lex then killed him shortly thereafter and stole his spellbook (or at least bought it on auction like Zatanna said). This is my theory on how I think there are 2 Olivers now & how Lex is parading around as one of them.

I think a switch was made sometime in Requiem and the real Lex killed a Lex clone he had set up in the truck. Meaning the real Lex as an Oliver lookalike is the one with the green-k ring and killed a clone of his to make everyone think Lex Luthor is dead. This would be a very evil mastermind plan fitting of Lex, and as a result he would learn about Oliver being the Green Arrow (just like he knows Clark's secret). He is also getting Clark to distrust him and is learning more & more about Clark's secrets, powers, and origins.

I think the real Injustice here is the tarnishing Lex is doing to the real Oliver Queen. He would be working with Clark now to help him rid Doomsday and will turn on him soon after.

I think a clear indicator that my theory is true is if we see "Oliver" show up next week or in an upcoming episode, and kill Tess. That would beyond the shadow of any doubt prove that any Oliver killing Tess is certain to be Lex getting his revenge.

I hope I'm right, as this would be the most evil, twisted plan Lex has ever had & be worthy of the true iconic Lex Luthor. It would also tie him to Zatanna and explain why he bought the spellbook and explain Ollie's behavior as Lex's.

Comment

I logged in to let you know that I find your theory to be very good (really!), but I don't want you to be disappointed when you find it that it's not going to happen.

I understand why you don't see why he would be that stupid, but the problem is that the producers just wanted to show Justin Hartley unclothed, mainly for the female viewers. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if this whole episode was written for that main bedroom scene to occur.

So, we are now supposed to understand that Oliver has feelings for Tess, and vice-versa, due to her screaming when he was knocked down by the explosion. (Oh and yes, you may have noticed that his personality has been changing as this season progresses: he's becoming darker.)

Anyhow, great job with your theory; it would work well if their goal was to give us a plot twist. Alas, we mustn't expect too much, as we have reached the season finale already.

Comment

Originally posted by KaraClarkfan
          good theory. his behavior have changed since reqiuem but i don't think ollie is a clone. (god i hope not)
          I'm not saying he's a clone. I'm thinking that there are 2 Olivers--the real one and Lex, who was changed by Zatanna's father to look like Oliver.

Comment

I don't think there are 2 Olivers. There is usually some kind of universal rule about balance. Like Zatanna had to give her life to bring her dad back. If Lex became Oliver, the original Oliver would have to go.

Comment

Originally posted by mimi1123
              I don't think there are 2 Olivers. There is usually some kind of universal rule about balance. Like Zatanna had to give her life to bring her dad back. If Lex became Oliver, the original Oliver would have to go.
              This doesn't make sense. The original Lois didn't die when Chloe turned into another Lois. In fact we saw the 2 Lois'es talking to one another on the phone.
              Last edited by xrayvision; 05-08-2009, 04:00 PM.

Comment

I am still hoping for your Lexiver theory to be true but in this instance I think they were just going for a comic/sexual tension kind of scene. Nothing too deep. Yeah I know it doesn't make much sense but hey, this is SV after all.

Comment

^^I keep telling myself not to bother using logic when trying to explain plots in Smallville episodes. I guess I'll never learn.

Comment

I think that Oliver believes that one more attack on Tess as Green Arrow will help Tess to find out Oliver's secret. So he did it only to cover for the fact that GA broke into her vault.

Comment

I would just love to have a what the hell moment like they had in Gemini, but this one would be so much more clever because it would be completely out of left field with very subtle clues. It could still work if they want to make more out of it than they seem to be making it.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
                        To me what's beyond retarded is Ollie getting into bed when he can easily shoot anyone in his way---like he did to Tess in Bloodline when he stole that generator device for Chloe.

As for Lex not possessing Ollie's skills, maybe he has some type of contact lenses on that tell him precisely where to aim & are somehow calibrated with the bow. As a matter of fact, didn't we see earlier in an episode that Ollie's shades have a targeting mechanism? I could have sworn they showed that.

The Oliver we saw in bed could have been there for a while. It doesn't make a lick of sense why Oliver would try to hook up with Tess at that precise moment. His primary reason to deal with Tess earlier was to get her fingerprints on the wine bottle. There was nothing productive to his plan of stealing the black-k by jumping into bed with her. Nothing. What would make sense is the real Oliver not being aware of "Lexiver"'s advances on Tess (to get her fingerprints) and then jumped into bed with her.

Something just isn't right. If anyone could turn Lex into another Oliver it was Zatanna's father. He did buy/steal the spellbook. Also, it makes perfect sense why Lex would kill him after transforming him (he wouldn't want anyone knowing he's camouflaged as Oliver). And Lex isn't dumb enough to let himself get blown up. Clark in Odyssey told Oliver that since he (Clark) escaped the collapsing Fortress without his powers, then so did Lex (which is why nobody could find him). Oliver even said that nothing alive was found in the region. There are huge clues that are being ignored. Tess'/Regan's men were there for a month & found nothing. They were still searching for Lex in Odyssey and Regan even injected Ollie with that serum from Chloe's mom to find Lex. Then all of a sudden, Regan has Lex in his possession in Power (or whatever episode that was)? I don't think so. How the hell could Lex as a vegetable get out on his own (as seen by Regan/Tess not being able to find him & everything else in Odyssey) but then suddenly turn up being cared for by Regan's men? I'm saying Lex set a clone of himself up with Regan because he has a master plan. He fooled Regan & Tess with it. Anything else doesn't make sense and would be a huge contradiction to everything they revealed in Odyssey.
                        1. you're thinkng too hard.
                        2. the writers arent that smart

Comment

Yeah, I came to that conclusion. It would be nice to be surprised, but given the track record, I won't hold my breath.

The thing is, if any of them come to this site & see this, it would still be totally possible if they ever decided to do it. Oliver's mannerisms were very similar to Lex's in his last scene with Clark.

Comment

Originally posted by Bangmango
                            1. you're thinkng too hard.
                            2. the writers arent that smart

Comment

Olivers just a horn dog.

Comment

Another thing I found to be off is Oliver picking up Parasite above his head. Oliver is not strong enough to do that. Perhaps he is taking some type of strength enhancer, or maybe this is another sign that who they show as Oliver isn't really him 100% of the time and that they could be showing us Oliver & Lex. I wouldn't put it past Lex to use strength enhancers.

There have just been too many things off. Oliver is typically a pacificist who doesn't kill. A huge part of me still thinks there's more going on than meets the eye.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎