Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did destroying the crystal save Kandor?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by malft
    rprice92 I just referenced The Last Days of Krypton in another thread, you are so right. I also spoke up for using the book as Canon for the Superman mythos.
    All of that bothers me. It's as if the entire mythos was a lie. Kal El is the sole survivor of the planet Krypton. Superman Returns confirmed that. Now we get Kara and Lara and Zor El and Jor El and Zod and Raya and on and on and now 100,000 Kryptonians living in a bottle in the north pole. That's stupid.

Comment

The only thing that can "confirm" anything is the comics. In the current mythos Kal El is far from being the only survivor of Krypton. John Byrne's post Crisis reboot had Kal El as the only survivor but that's been retconned for a long time now.

Comment

Originally posted by GENERALzod777
        five bucks says its Zod. If the crystal is destroyed he can't be sent back to the PZ.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

I'm sort of OCD like that too...

go back and listen closely when the orb scene is shown, you can hear both a man and a woman's voice coming from the orb. i dont think the orb is kandor, but rather a communication "portal" that allows the city to communicate to earth.

Comment

Originally posted by Exedore
          The only thing that can "confirm" anything is the comics. In the current mythos Kal El is far from being the only survivor of Krypton. John Byrne's post Crisis reboot had Kal El as the only survivor but that's been retconned for a long time now.
          I wish they'd go back to the old mythos. Superman isn't that super when he's one of many.

Comment

Well, no matter how many Kryptonians there are, none of them have his values, which are the most important features of Superman. It has been proven over & over again that his upbringing & not his heritage make him Superman.

Comment

Originally posted by galatians221
              I wish they'd go back to the old mythos. Superman isn't that super when he's one of many.
              That argument is alarmingly similar to "Superman isn't that super when he isn't the world's most powerful hero," which people tell me is a specious argument.

The destruction of Krypton is central to the mythos, but IMO he doesn't need to be the last necessarily.

Comment

Originally posted by dru-zod2501
                That argument is alarmingly similar to "Superman isn't that super when he isn't the world's most powerful hero," which people tell me is a specious argument.

The destruction of Krypton is central to the mythos, but IMO he doesn't need to be the last necessarily.
                I just think that the show should be about "Superman" not Supermen or a lot of super heroes or super powerful beings or freaks of the week. These writers don't have an appreciation for Superman. They are more comfortable with "sortofsuperman"

Comment

how did tess destroy the crystal?

Comment

That's another question I had. Kara's blue crystal could only be destroyed by a Kryptonian. Maybe Tess lied and stole it for her own purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
                      That's another question I had. Kara's blue crystal could only be destroyed by a Kryptonian. Maybe Tess lied and stole it for her own purposes.
                      I would bet on it. Tess won't give up all of her chips.

Comment

I totally agree with you but...

Originally posted by galatians221
                        All of that bothers me. It's as if the entire mythos was a lie. Kal El is the sole survivor of the planet Krypton. Superman Returns confirmed that. Now we get Kara and Lara and Zor El and Jor El and Zod and Raya and on and on and now 100,000 Kryptonians living in a bottle in the north pole. That's stupid.
                        I totally agree with you but... just the way you wrote that is so HILARIOUS!!!

-jw`chan ^-^

----- Added 9 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by xrayvision
                        Well, no matter how many Kryptonians there are, none of them have his values, which are the most important features of Superman. It has been proven over & over again that his upbringing & not his heritage make him Superman.

Good point, but they keep using the phrase, "THE LAST SON OF KRYPTON," a heck of a lot in possibly every SUPERMAN Affiliation.

-jw`chan
                        Last edited by JustWriter; 05-11-2009, 07:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

[QUOTE=JustWriter;4829010]I totally agree with you but... just the way you wrote that is so HILARIOUS!!!

Thank you. It's the first time I've been hilarious this week.

Comment

Quite possibly, there is a passage link between Kandor and the PZ. By destroying the crystal, this leaves the quite seemingly only option for Clark to annihilate Doomsday, severing the link of Doomsday possibly escaping the PZ and into Kandor.

Comment

Originally posted by j-kent
                              Quite possibly, there is a passage link between Kandor and the PZ. By destroying the crystal, this leaves the quite seemingly only option for Clark to annihilate Doomsday, severing the link of Doomsday possibly escaping the PZ and into Kandor.
                              This would have to mean that there is a House of El member in the Phantom Zone to make it possible for Doomsday to escape and get to Kandor. I think they would put the same or similar safeguards on all exit points of the Phantom Zone. It seems like the outdoors gate/portal we saw in Zod was the Jor-El portion of the House of El while the indoors gate/portal we saw in Bloodline was the Zor-El portion of the House of El.

Then again, the voice could easily be tricking Tess. I guess we will find out more on Thursday.

Comment

Originally posted by GENERALzod777
                                five bucks says its Zod. If the crystal is destroyed he can't be sent back to the PZ.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

I'm sort of OCD like that too...
                                Clark wouldn't need the crystal to open a portal to the phantom zone. He could also use the crystal on Zod that he got from Raya. Where the hell is that thing anyway?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎