Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did destroying the crystal save Kandor?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Exedore
    ^ Yes well, flight is somehow exempt from all the Superman things they bring into pre-Superman Clark's life.
    as I explain before the take many thing from the comics. Clark not flying is taken from the Golden age/early superman stories and also they say Flying represents Clark officially accepting his destiny as Superman. The only things that made me mad that everyone elswe can fly except Clark but they were able to fly in their first appeaance so I don't mind.

Comment

This is so confusing!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kg1507
        This is so confusing!!!!!!
        Agreed. I have never been a comic book Superman fan instead grew up with the George Reeves TV show. It was a simple story of a "strange visitor from another planet with powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal men". This "Super" man lived a dual life and defeated criminals in Metropolis and beyond and had nothing to do with Aquaman, Potashman, Iguanaman and all of these other things that take away from the uniqueness of the Man of Steel. In this comic stuff he just becomes one of many and isn't so super. He is supposed to be the sole survivor of Krypton but instead we get Kara, Lara, Zor El, Zod, Jor El, and others from Krypton coming in and now I learn about 100,000 wee kryptonians living in a bottle. Give me the simple story of Superman. Oh and make sure he can fly please.

Comment

destroying the crystal was just a way to force Clark to fulfill the prophecy

when the orb said "you will be the savior of kandor" it engulfed Tess with the energy ball and it looked like Tess was absorbing it.
          we'll have to see how it affects her next episode.

Comment

Give him his glasses!

This is so complicated. I just wish Clark could fly. This stuff should not be taking place with Clark not yet fully Superman. What a mess.
            Yeah, I just wish they would give him the glasses already too! He was supposed to get them them from the Legion but SMALLVILLE totally cut that out! I'd been excited because the only episode of the Superman cartoon that I can remember was THAT ONE.

Speaking of Krypton's capital, I remember reading a comic book where Superman flew there and his mother and father (biologically) were there, only I think that they were evil clones or something because they were trying to kill him. It wasn't all that clear to me though because I didn't know why he was there in the first place. It was either badly written or a two-parter without the first part. All of the sudden there were lots of other Kryptonians which is... impossible? I mean hello; they started the whole series on the premise that Kal El was the only survivor of Krypton. The only other Kryptonians aren't all there or they denied their heritage. (Kara/Supergirl doesn't count.)

Lois steals the orb (even though it's not REALLY an orb by definition because it's not completely round) in the next episode, or at least that's what Tess assumes because in the preview for the next episode she demands Lois tell her where it is. How utterly Lois Lane of her to steal something like that. I find the situation utterly amusing and yet fear for Lois at the same time because I know that Tess is capable of being merciless.

Comment

five bucks says its Zod. If the crystal is destroyed he can't be sent back to the PZ.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by JustWriter
              (even though it's not REALLY an orb by definition because it's not completely round)
              I'm sort of OCD like that too...
              Last edited by GENERALzod777; 05-09-2009, 01:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

ok. I am still confused. Kandor is/was a city in the planet Krypton and Braniac saved it by putting it in a snowglobe thing?... and Eradicator is a device from Krypton so is it some kind of a computer device made by kryptonians and it's programmed?

Why is Kandor an important city that it needs to be rebuild?
                Is there a connection between the Eradicator and Zod?

so sorry, I have so many questions but i hope someone can shed some light into this...
                thanks much..

Comment

I also get the feeling that thing in the Orb was Zod.

Comment

Originally posted by Exedore
                    If it truly is the Eradicator then this might be the reason he/it wanted the crystal destroyed: so that Clark would have no choice but to kill Doomsday. The Eradicator wants to turn Clark into what thinks to be the "ideal Kryptonian". In the comics he once brainwashed Superman into a ruthless being who almost committed murder. When the Eradicator became the "hero" called the Last Son of Krypton, "he" did not hesitate to use brutal force. He/it probably wants Clark to learn to kill and become a ruthless soldier of sorts. Remember that it was talking about some prophecy that Kal El has to fulfill. Probably it has to do with bringing Kandor back. Perhaps it considers becoming the "ideal Kryptonian" is the only way that Clark can "save" Kandor and/or recreate Krypton on Earth via Kandor. And since Tess is helping it to achieve this, she is indirectly becoming Kandor's saviour from its POV.

Kandor could be trapped inside the PZ or the Survival Zone (hopefully it's the latter).
                    Excellent spec. TBH, I’d love to see Eradicator-possessed Clark just like in the comics.

So you think Zod (I mean if it’s really Zod who is coming) is considered as a ‘good’ guy for this talking orb if he/it is really Eradicator? I bet he is. Zod is much more ‘ruthless soldier’ than Clark can ever be. Eradicator would want both men to dominate the earth and probably enlarge Kandor somewhere and released all Kryptonians who is trapped inside. Wow. Talking about lining up with the Mythos, huh?

Though, of course it’ll never happen because Clark will prevent their plan somehow and besides they don’t have a budget for such a wild plot.

Comment

Originally posted by anewbie
                      ok. I am still confused. Kandor is/was a city in the planet Krypton and Braniac saved it by putting it in a snowglobe thing?... and Eradicator is a device from Krypton so is it some kind of a computer device made by kryptonians and it's programmed?

Why is Kandor an important city that it needs to be rebuild?
                      Is there a connection between the Eradicator and Zod?

so sorry, I have so many questions but i hope someone can shed some light into this...
                      thanks much..
                      AND.........Kal El is the last survivor of Krypton. Try fitting all of that together.

----- Added 55 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by paolinki25
                      I also get the feeling that thing in the Orb was Zod.
                      I thought Zod was trapped in the crystal when Clark extracted him from Lex? Didn't the crystal kill him?
                      Last edited by galatians221; 05-09-2009, 11:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

It's Fiction

Originally posted by galatians221
                        I thought Zod was trapped in the crystal when Clark extracted him from Lex? Didn't the crystal kill him?
                        It's fiction; you can kill characters off and then find some way for them to come back. Either they never died in the first place, somehow they were brought back by accident, or they expected the attack that, 'killed,' them and then planned a way around it. The most popular theory in this thread is that someone was brainwashed into doing their bidding. (Tess)

-jw`chan ^-^

Comment

Originally posted by jsith99
                          LOL Well they did do a Terminator VS Superman in the comics so It wouldn't really be a mythos violation
                          Who is "they"? I Wish I had seen it. But let me guess anyway, green K was involved?

Comment

i dont think destroying it saved kandor i think destroying it made it so clark couldnt use it cause him using it would have caused something that made kandor die.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by galatians221
                            AND.........Kal El is the last survivor of Krypton. Try fitting all of that together.

----- Added 55 Seconds later -----

the crystal on offscreenville was supposed to send the phantoms back to the zone and the one that clark used to take zod he threw into outer space according to deknight but since we didnt see it then they can always change then main point.
                            Last edited by superhippie2000; 05-09-2009, 05:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by JustWriter
                              It's fiction; you can kill characters off and then find some way for them to come back. Either they never died in the first place, somehow they were brought back by accident, or they expected the attack that, 'killed,' them and then planned a way around it. The most popular theory in this thread is that someone was brainwashed into doing their bidding. (Tess)

-jw`chan ^-^
                              Superman is fiction????

Comment

rprice92 I just referenced The Last Days of Krypton in another thread, you are so right. I also spoke up for using the book as Canon for the Superman mythos.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎