Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did destroying the crystal save Kandor?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why did destroying the crystal save Kandor?

I'm really not following this and I hope someone who follows the mythos can help me. Tess tells Clark that destroying the crystal was done to "save an entire civilization". Then Zod or whoever was in the orb, after learning from Tess that the crystal was destroyed according to his directions stated that Tess would now be the savior of Kandor. How so? I mean I just don't get the connection between the crystal, the orb and Kandor.

Second question; how can Krypton be destroyed but the city survived? Is a city minus a planet floating in outer space? I just don't get it. I'd like to understand before I see Doomsday next week.

Originally posted by galatians221
    I'm really not following this and I hope someone who follows the mythos can help me. Tess tells Clark that destroying the crystal was done to "save an entire civilization". Then Zod or whoever was in the orb, after learning from Tess that the crystal was destroyed according to his directions stated that Tess would now be the savior of Kandor. How so? I mean I just don't get the connection between the crystal, the orb and Kandor.

Second question; how can Krypton be destroyed but the city survived? Is a city minus a planet floating in outer space? I just don't get it. I'd like to understand before I see Doomsday next week.
    In the comics before Krypton was destroyed Brainiac captured the city of Kandor in a bottle or a snow globe type deal to save it which caused it to shrink to a miniature city

Comment

Originally posted by mr lane
      In the comics before Krypton was destroyed Brainiac captured the city of Kandor in a bottle or a snow globe type deal to save it which caused it to shrink to a miniature city
      I'm not being sarcastic, but are there miniature people inside of this miniature city? Was the orb that engulfed Tess Kandor?? Lastly, why is Kandor important? Will Zod destroy earth in order to resurrect Kandor? I mean, does earth have anything to do with Kandor? Does earth have to be destroyed for Kandor to rise?

Comment

I'm not being sarcastic, but are there miniature people inside of this miniature city? Was the orb that engulfed Tess Kandor?? Lastly, why is Kandor important? Will Zod destroy earth in order to resurrect Kandor? I mean, does earth have anything to do with Kandor? Does earth have to be destroyed for Kandor to rise?
        lol yeah the people captured in the globe were miniature people

here is a short sumarry of Superman: The New Krypton

Following the events of the Brainiac (story arc), the entire city of Kandor now resides near the Fortress of Solitude in the North Pole, populated by 100,000 Kryptonians.

Although distracted by the recent death of his adoptive father, Jonathan Kent, Superman attempts to aid the Kryptonians in their assimilation with the rest of the Earth, something very few Kryptonians seem interested in, including the city’s leaders, Zor-El and Alura, Supergirl’s parents.

After the first televised meeting between the President of the United States and a delegation from Kandor is interrupted by a rampaging Doomsday, Zor-El and Alura form a task force determined to preemptively end any future threat to Kandor by capturing Superman’s worst villains and trapping them in the Phantom Zone. However, several human police officers are killed when they refuse to hand over the Parasite, enraging Superman.

At the same time, Lex Luthor, who has been recruited by General Sam Lane to halt the Kryptonian “invasion,” gains control of Brainiac and unleashes his robot army from within the depths of the alien’s spaceship, currently being held in Kandor. During the fight, Metallo and Reactron, who are working for Luthor and General Lane, are brought into Kandor as Trojan horses containing Kryptonite. Reactron manages to kill Supergirl’s father, Zor-El.

Alura’s anger causes her to denounce humanity. Members of the Justice League and Justice Society arrive in Kandor, lead by the Guardian demanding the city turn over those who murdered the police officers, and a large-scale battle erupts, with Superman in the middle. It only ends when Kryptonian scientists manage to use Brainiac’s technology to lift Kandor off the Earth and grow an entirely new planet underneath it, called “New Krypton,” on the other side of the solar system, directly opposite the Earth, and therefore hidden by the sun.

Alura tells Superman that he is not welcome on New Krypton, although Supergirl takes up residence there with her mother. In the end, Alura frees General Zod from the Phantom Zone to help her lead their people.

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Krypton

Comment

lol yeah the people captured in the globe were miniature people

here is a short sumarry of Superman: The New Krypton

Following the events of the Brainiac (story arc), the entire city of Kandor now resides near the Fortress of Solitude in the North Pole, populated by 100,000 Kryptonians.

Although distracted by the recent death of his adoptive father, Jonathan Kent, Superman attempts to aid the Kryptonians in their assimilation with the rest of the Earth, something very few Kryptonians seem interested in, including the city’s leaders, Zor-El and Alura, Supergirl’s parents.

After the first televised meeting between the President of the United States and a delegation from Kandor is interrupted by a rampaging Doomsday, Zor-El and Alura form a task force determined to preemptively end any future threat to Kandor by capturing Superman’s worst villains and trapping them in the Phantom Zone. However, several human police officers are killed when they refuse to hand over the Parasite, enraging Superman.

At the same time, Lex Luthor, who has been recruited by General Sam Lane to halt the Kryptonian “invasion,” gains control of Brainiac and unleashes his robot army from within the depths of the alien’s spaceship, currently being held in Kandor. During the fight, Metallo and Reactron, who are working for Luthor and General Lane, are brought into Kandor as Trojan horses containing Kryptonite. Reactron manages to kill Supergirl’s father, Zor-El.

Alura’s anger causes her to denounce humanity. Members of the Justice League and Justice Society arrive in Kandor, lead by the Guardian demanding the city turn over those who murdered the police officers, and a large-scale battle erupts, with Superman in the middle. It only ends when Kryptonian scientists manage to use Brainiac’s technology to lift Kandor off the Earth and grow an entirely new planet underneath it, called “New Krypton,” on the other side of the solar system, directly opposite the Earth, and therefore hidden by the sun.

Alura tells Superman that he is not welcome on New Krypton, although Supergirl takes up residence there with her mother. In the end, Alura frees General Zod from the Phantom Zone to help her lead their people.

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Krypton
          Wow, my head is spinning. I would guess that Superman can fly in this scenario. I wonder how all of this fits in with the season finale?

Comment

Mr Lane can answer the Kandor questions.

For my money, I'm not convinced that the orb really meant Kandor. I'm operating under the assumption that it was Zod & Faora communicating to Tess. They saw how much she wants to play hero, what easier way to manipulate her than by making her believe she was acting for the good of the Kryptonian species

Comment

Originally posted by dru-zod2501
              Mr Lane can answer the Kandor questions. For my money, I'm not convinced that the orb really meant Kandor. I'm operating under the assumption that it was Zod & Faora communicating to Tess. They saw how much she wants to play hero, what easier way to manipulate her than by making her believe she was acting for the good of the Kryptonian species
              Agreed

Comment

Originally posted by dru-zod2501
                Mr Lane can answer the Kandor questions. For my money, I'm not convinced that the orb really meant Kandor. I'm operating under the assumption that it was Zod & Faora communicating to Tess. They saw how much she wants to play hero, what easier way to manipulate her than by making her believe she was acting for the good of the Kryptonian species
                Which leads me to ask why Tess would give a rip about the Kryptonian species? It just doesn't add up to me. Does she want Clark to destroy Doomsday or just the opposite. My head continues to spin.

Comment

Wow, my head is spinning. I would guess that Superman can fly in this scenario. I wonder how all of this fits in with the season finale?
                  i should have mentioned that that scenario takes place after superman releases all the miniature people from the miniature city in the globe lol

which is when they take residence at the north pole

im not sure how much they want this to fit into the finale i think the show is just trying to manipulate this part of the mythos to its advantage

remember in bloodline when Kara said she was off to try and find kandor due to rumors she heard in the PZ? i wonder how much of that was true

Comment

Yeah, Kandor was a small chunk of Krypton floating in a bubble. Saving Kandor could be a great storyline to follow up on. Gotta give kudos to whoever dropped Kandor on us.

Comment

i should have mentioned that that scenario takes place after superman releases all the miniature people from the miniature city in the globe lol

which is when they take residence at the north pole

im not sure how much they want this to fit into the finale i think the show is just trying to manipulate this part of the mythos to its advantage

remember in bloodline when Kara said she was off to try and find kandor due to rumors she heard in the PZ? i wonder how much of that was true
                      Is this where Santa Claus and the elves came from???

Comment

I think at this point we're not supposed to have the full picture of what's going on. There is a chance the SV story will lead into a story similar to the New Krypton story in the comics, but there is just as good a chance the SV story will go in a much different direction. The ending of the episode was a cliffhanger leaving viewers with lots of questions, hopefully a lot of which will be answered in the next episode.

Most of the stuff regarding the orb/Tess/Kandor is just speculation at this point.

Comment

Which leads me to ask why Tess would give a rip about the Kryptonian species? It just doesn't add up to me. Does she want Clark to destroy Doomsday or just the opposite. My head continues to spin.
                          Superman, or anyone else in the REAL Justice League, would give a rip about other civilzations not just on earth. It's Lex who would be xenophobic and Human-centric and in Tess' mind she doesn't want to be anything like Lex, she hopes to be a real hero

Comment

I Think that whatever is talking with Tess, it is not interesting to save the Humanity or Kandor's People,

they or he/she wants to eliminated clark to the scene in order to have a clean route to conquer the Earth...someone LIKE ZOD
                            with NOT PZ crystal Clark has all probabilities to die during his fight against DD
                            Last edited by latingirl; 05-07-2009, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Can someone break down that scene for me and what was said. I just caught bits and pieces so I'm like what??? My head is spinning....

Off to watch SPN now... lalalalalalala... lol =]

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎