Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did destroying the crystal save Kandor?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MethosII
    Clark wouldn't need the crystal to open a portal to the phantom zone. He could also use the crystal on Zod that he got from Raya. Where the hell is that thing anyway?
    Jor-El's crystal? It's destroyed. It shattered to pieces when he used it on the Bizarro phantom and he crashed into it in Phantom. If you slow-mo it, you'll see cracks forming across the crystal as it breaks & shatters. Though, I wouldn't be surprised if it turns up again without any reason like the black crystal did. That black crystal disappeared in Solitude because that black crystal is Brainiac, just like Milton Fine was & just like the Black Ship was (Jor-El said Fine is an extension of the Black Ship, which is the real form of Brainiac). Fine went to his Ship form to get it (that's what he was doing when Chloe was spying on him). When the Milton Fine & Black Ship forms of Brainiac disappeared in Solitude when Fine was impaled in the console, the crystal also disappeared, though it was on the ground & we didn't see it. I refuse to believe that 1) it didn't disappear & 2) that even if it didn't disappear that Clark would keep the very thing that Brainiac tried to release Zod with instead of destroying it. On top of all these things, the crystal couldn't send people to the Phantom Zone. It was shown having positive pressure with respect to the FOS & sucking beings out of the Phantom Zone and blowing them to Earth. That's what we saw with Zod the 1 and only time it was used. Maybe it could be reprogrammed to exhibit a negative pressure with respect to the FOS, but Clark certainly didn't know how to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
      Jor-El's crystal? It's destroyed. It shattered to pieces when he used it on the Bizarro phantom and he crashed into it in Phantom. If you slow-mo it, you'll see cracks forming across the crystal as it breaks & shatters. Though, I wouldn't be surprised if it turns up again without any reason like the black crystal did. That black crystal disappeared in Solitude because that black crystal is Brainiac, just like Milton Fine was & just like the Black Ship was (Jor-El said Fine is an extension of the Black Ship, which is the real form of Brainiac). Fine went to his Ship form to get it (that's what he was doing when Chloe was spying on him). When the Milton Fine & Black Ship forms of Brainiac disappeared in Solitude when Fine was impaled in the console, the crystal also disappeared, though it was on the ground & we didn't see it. I refuse to believe that 1) it didn't disappear & 2) that even if it didn't disappear that Clark would keep the very thing that Brainiac tried to release Zod with instead of destroying it. On top of all these things, the crystal couldn't send people to the Phantom Zone. It was shown having positive pressure with respect to the FOS & sucking beings out of the Phantom Zone and blowing them to Earth. That's what we saw with Zod the 1 and only time it was used. Maybe it could be reprogrammed to exhibit a negative pressure with respect to the FOS, but Clark certainly didn't know how to do that.
      Couldn't he just ask Chloe how to do it?

Comment

^^That would have been the moment I shut off the TV. I could only take so much of Chloe being given Clark's role.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
          ^^That would have been the moment I shut off the TV. I could only take so much of Chloe being given Clark's role.
          That's been the norm for some time now as we both know. He needed Chloe's permission to save all of mankind from DD and she said no. The look on his face was one that I've never seen on Smallville from Welling. It was a weird look of emasculation but he wasn't angry. It was like "OK whatever you say dear". I do that every day but I'm not Superman.

Comment

Realy tho tess prob didnt destroy the crystal 1 thing she's good at is lying

Comment

Originally posted by trylox99
              Realy tho tess prob didnt destroy the crystal 1 thing she's good at is lying
              I agree. She's got an ace up her sleeve.

Comment

I'm not sure if this was mentioned, but there is a chance that when Tess says something along the lines of "an entire civilization's existence depends on it", in regards to Clark killing Doomsday, she may have meant Kandor, instead of Earth.

The crystal may have been for Survival Zone, or maybe for some reason, Kandor was sent to the Phantom Zone in this mythos.

By destroying the crystal, Clark will have to kill Doomsday, because he will not be able to use the crystal to send Doomsday to whatever Zone the mythos decides.

This is, of course, just my opinion. I personally do not think that the crystal is destroyed.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Lantern
                  I'm not sure if this was mentioned, but there is a chance that when Tess says something along the lines of "an entire civilization's existence depends on it", in regards to Clark killing Doomsday, she may have meant Kandor, instead of Earth.

The crystal may have been for Survival Zone, or maybe for some reason, Kandor was sent to the Phantom Zone in this mythos.

By destroying the crystal, Clark will have to kill Doomsday, because he will not be able to use the crystal to send Doomsday to whatever Zone the mythos decides.

This is, of course, just my opinion. I personally do not think that the crystal is destroyed.
                  Agreed, we never saw the crystal being destroyed, just took Tess's word for it. I can't see her being that completely gullible.

----- Added 9 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by galatians221
                  All of that bothers me. It's as if the entire mythos was a lie. Kal El is the sole survivor of the planet Krypton. Superman Returns confirmed that. Now we get Kara and Lara and Zor El and Jor El and Zod and Raya and on and on and now 100,000 Kryptonians living in a bottle in the north pole. That's stupid.
                  Agreed, LnC did something similar without all Zor-el's, but with a space colony and its people wanted to migrate to earth because of the yellow sun. Where the colony was located I think had a red sun, which made them defenseless, and of course powerless t set the premise The race was dwindling, and this colony was made as a last ditch effort abroad ship that escaped the destruction of Krypton, at least that made logical sense as oppose to this version of the mythos I never quite enjoyed really. Would've been quite the story if LnC wasn't so... corny in a word.
                  Last edited by Dominicus; 05-14-2009, 11:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

...might not work...

Originally posted by MethosII
                    Clark wouldn't need the crystal to open a portal to the phantom zone. He could also use the crystal on Zod that he got from Raya. Where the hell is that thing anyway?
                    The crystal only works on phantoms. This Zod could be a Clone.

-jw`chan

Comment

What I mean is that this Zod is obviously corporeal. He has a body that looks like it belongs to him. If it's his own body then the crystal that Raya gave him won't work.

-jw`chan

Comment

Originally posted by galatians221
                        Agreed. I have never been a comic book Superman fan instead grew up with the George Reeves TV show. It was a simple story of a "strange visitor from another planet with powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal men". This "Super" man lived a dual life and defeated criminals in Metropolis and beyond and had nothing to do with Aquaman, Potashman, Iguanaman and all of these other things that take away from the uniqueness of the Man of Steel. In this comic stuff he just becomes one of many and isn't so super. He is supposed to be the sole survivor of Krypton but instead we get Kara, Lara, Zor El, Zod, Jor El, and others from Krypton coming in and now I learn about 100,000 wee kryptonians living in a bottle. Give me the simple story of Superman. Oh and make sure he can fly please.
                        Agreed, and I also LOVE the 50's Superman t.v series starring George Reeves.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎