Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Castiel really Cas now, since came back at end of The Rapture?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Castiel really Cas now, since came back at end of The Rapture?

I don't know, he just seems more like Uriel used to now than his former self.

Is there a chance he got "re-programmed during his time 'upstairs'" and is now all-business [ie, all hint of emotion is now gone], or is there a chance he's not really Castiel? But a bad guy posing as him?

I just found it a little weird that he would force Dean into a corner with that whole 'swearing in' business to do whatever he passed onto Dean as "God's will", no matter what. Dean's kinda screwed there, if Castiel isn't who we think he is.

Well, Dean pledged allegiance to God, not Castiel. We know something's up because Anna wasn't on board with it.

Something tells me that my theory can turn out to be true and that Anna will be killed but not before passing her grace to Dean and turning him into an angel. Because if Sam is going to become a demon, then I'd say Dean will become an angel and not only take care of Sam, but also clean up whatever corruption is going on in the angel ranks. It would be something to see Dean no longer having to follow Castiel's orders and getting answers for himself firsthand.

Comment

I think it's still Castiel. You could totally tell when Dean asked him about what he was going to tell him earlier. I can't remember what exactly he said, but I definitely got a Cas vibe. Personally, I think he was threatened while he was up there, and since he was really nervous about things anyway, he just naturally decided to follow orders and take the safe path.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by xrayvision

Something tells me that my theory can turn out to be true and that Anna will be killed but not before passing her grace to Dean and turning him into an angel. Because if Sam is going to become a demon, then I'd say Dean will become an angel and not only take care of Sam, but also clean up whatever corruption is going on in the angel ranks. It would be something to see Dean no longer having to follow Castiel's orders and getting answers for himself firsthand.
      It's an interesting theory, but I hope that's not what happens, unless it's a short-term thing. I wouldn't want to see Dean be an Angel or Sam a demon for long periods of time.
      Last edited by comptonassmel; 05-07-2009, 09:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by comptonassmel
        I think it's still Castiel. You could totally tell when Dean asked him about what he was going to tell him earlier. I can't remember what exactly he said, but I definitely got a Cas vibe. Personally, I think he was threatened while he was up there, and since he was really nervous about things anyway, he just naturally decided to follow orders and take the safe path.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

It's an interesting theory, but I hope that's not what happens, unless it's a short-term thing. I wouldn't want to see Dean be an Angel or Sam a demon for long periods of time.
        I agree, I think it is Castiel. I also hope that it's temporary. I mean, Dean can't be Dean if he's Ken doll'd up.

If he finds out what Cas did to get Sam out, I dont think we'll have to worry about him being a fan of the angels

Comment

I think it is Castiel and he's just allowing what needs to happen to happen.

Sam is destined to go darkside and Dean is destined to stop the Apocalypse...

Did anyone else get a Sam+Dean=Cain+Abel vibe from that fight scene??

Comment

It looked like Castiel turns Dean into an angel in the "Lazarus Rising" clip, so I would not expect Anna to give her grace to Dean.

And I think it's the same Castiel, with even his whole speech and everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Call_Me_Ishmael
              It looked like Castiel turns Dean into an angel in the "Lazarus Rising" clip, so I would not expect Anna to give her grace to Dean.

And I think it's the same Castiel, with even his whole speech and everything.
              Lucifer Rising? Lol, both great Title names nonetheless.

A big hint for me was when Dean is pleading with Castiel, Castiel says something along the lines of "I'm sorry" showing that he has his arm twisted by the Big Guy Upstairs.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎