Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oliver Queen = SV Batman = "Green Arrow"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im a batman fan just watching the movies and the cartoons...and for a long time I wanted him on the show. But now I am glad that he is not on the show, just that I am hoping that Clark and Lois doesnt get together until AFTER Superman is established! I dont think that batman can or will be able to bring in anything new to the show other than he is batman! YEAH!

I like the fact that Smallville is bring in lesser known Superheros....it lets people know that there are A LOT more Superhero out there than the big 10 (honestly I just threw out a number)!

Comment

Also, Batman isn't a pathetic wussy to disrobe his cape & cowl & jump into bed nude when he is trying to escape a building. He would batarang Tess' ass, throw the security guards through windows and make one hell of an exit.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
        Also, Batman isn't a pathetic wussy to disrobe his cape & cowl & jump into bed nude when he is trying to escape a building. He would batarang Tess' ass, throw the security guards through windows and make one hell of an exit.
        there are different interpretations of the batman and Green Arrow mythos. So that's where GA choosing to kill come from stories like the early Batman stories,Longbow Hunters/Mike Grell Ongoing, and posiblly other stories like Superman/Batman: Public Enemy while keeping it realistic(how would Ollie or in other case you would act if you found out Lionel killed your parents, your best friend never told you and the killer is dead.) and that includes Bruce can do alot of things(including what Ollie did in Injustice).

Comment

well, i wouldn't say he is smallville's "batman". not yet at least. lex has done enough bad things for oliver to not be considered a "criminal" for killing him, and yes- batman would never have done that, but as i said, oliver is almost as young as clark is and he is still just learning how to be a true hero. so far on smallville clark isn't a saint either, he's done quite a few things that were ment for nothing but revenge. okay so clark never murdered, but we all know that lex is still alive and will be back, wheather it will be seen on the show or not, and weather michael rosenbaum will sign up or not. i am sure that if they bring lex back before the show ends both oliver and clark will have matured a lot more (clark might actualy be flying and wear the costume) and not want to kill lex.

green arrow is not smallville's version of batman, but someday he will be!

Comment

Originally posted by ironman29758
            there are different interpretations of the batman and Green Arrow mythos. So that's where GA choosing to kill come from stories like the early Batman stories,Longbow Hunters/Mike Grell Ongoing, and posiblly other stories like Superman/Batman: Public Enemy while keeping it realistic(how would Ollie or in other case you would act if you found out Lionel killed your parents, your best friend never told you and the killer is dead.) and that includes Bruce can do alot of things(including what Ollie did in Injustice).
            I'm not just talking about killing. Ollie is a disgrace in my book. He will never be anything like Batman. Batman has a lot of honor and doesn't let his "Bat Jr." interfere with his heroic operations. Batman knows how to draw a line between hero business (his Batman life) and pleasure (life as Bruce Wayne). Ollie is a whining moron who doesn't know what he's talking about. He knows Doomsday has come back from death before after finding out he clawed out of his grave but still whines to Clark that he needs to die. He's a clown that I will never take seriously, especially after he jumped into bed in the middle of a mission.

Even though I never liked him, I think in Rage he was a lot more like Batman than he is now. There are very few times I liked him (Bloodline & maybe Hex). Most of the times he's whining about something and is shown to make Clark look incompetent. The problem is, if distractions & gimmicks like Ollie, all the other JLA characters, Chloe & Lana & other characters written like them had not been on this show, Clark would be written to be very smart & capable throughout the series rather than just in the 1st three seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by bychance
              Why would anyone want Batman on the show anyway? Clark isn't even Superman yet! At this point in time (or SV's timeline, whatever) Bruce probably hasn't even started training with the League of Shadows yet. Probably still brooding around alone in his mansion with Alfred.
              In the silver age/bronze age as well as the elseworlds story Superman/Batman generations Batman met Clark Kent/Superboy before Bruce became Batman and Clark became Superman

Comment

Originally posted by ironman29758
                In the silver age/bronze age as well as the elseworlds story Superman/Batman generations Batman met Clark Kent/Superboy before Bruce became Batman and Clark became Superman
                Interesting.
                I guess I'm not particularly interested in that interpretation.

Comment

Originally posted by davidbrenton
                  I didn't know that. Are the backstories of GA and Batman similar or did they alter GA's backstory for Smallville?

I don't know anything about GA in comics.

Green Arrow was always derivative of Batman ever since his inception, which leads most believe to believe that SV's Green Arrow to be based on Batman. Though there are similarities between the two characters, there are also some differences. GA is much lighter and friendlier than Bats, and Ollie also lavishes in his playboy lifestyle, something that Bruce only uses as a cover.

Comment

Yeah, I definitely think that TPTB were trying to make up for their loss of Bruce Wayne by including Oliver Queen in Smallville. He seriously has all the trademarks; he constantly argues with Clark over what he thinks is justice and he would kill someone if it meant saving the entire world. That is what Bruce wayne would do. I think it's a lame excuse to duplicate batman despite the clark/Oliver arguments being a cool storyline an' all

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
                      The closest Joker to the actual one from the comics in my opinion was played by Paul Molnar in fan films by Bat in the Sun:

Joker's Christmas Special:
                      Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Batman Legends (I would LOVE Aaron Schoenke to be hired by Hollywood to make a film like this based on Knightfall):
                      Directed and Shot By Aaron SchoenkeProduced by Sean SchoenkeOriginal Music by Sean SchoenkeStarring Kevin Porter as BatmanTanoai Reed as BanePaul Molnar (Pat...

Between the insane laughs & his insanely evil actions, I think he just nailed it. Ledger did a pretty damn good job, but his Joker was too thuggish (like a mobster) rather than just completely insane. I also love how Molnar's Joker played off the dependency on Batman (how the Joker needs Batman) that has been apparent in the comics.
                      That was awesome! I wish i could be in a Rated R Batman fan film.

Comment

When GA first appeared in the 40's, it was clear to everyone that he was very similar to Batman; Both were rich guys, had sidekicks, both had caves, planes and cars (Batcave/Arrowcave, Batmobile/Arrowcar, Batplane/Arrowplane. They both also used gadgets (the only diffrence was that GA's gadgets were limited to trick arrows). GA was at this point and up to the late 60's seen simply as "Batman with a bow". But, then Denny O'Neill got to Ollie. Denny made Ollie loose all of his money, to take the character a little further away from Batman and he kept working on getting Green Arrow away from the whole "Batman with a bow" image, that GA had. Some people had reasoned that GA is Smallville's Batman or the Stand-in Batman, simply because he's rich and uses gadgets. But, to me, that doesn't really count. I mean, there's lots of costumed vigilantes out there who are rich and uses gadgets (take Marvel's Moon Knight for one, his name's even a suggestion of Batman; Dark Knight/Moon Knight, get it?), but that doesn't mean that they're Batman copies because of that. Smallville's Green Arrow is his own character, not Batman.

Comment

I think the reason GA is in SV is because Batman cannot appear in the show. GA is the easiest and only choice to replace Batman's character. Both story arcs would be very very similar too.. Though i still hope they find a way to get the bat in the show..

Comment

I've never really thought about it until now, I think they do have similarities, but not many!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎