Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "Injustice?"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just rewatched it. In the past, I've expressed the opinion that they should've done more build-up for the Injustice League, like they did with the Justice League (where each member was introduced in a previous episode). However, I'm kinda glad they didn't. When you think about it, it is a bit silly that the team Oliver's created, unconnected to Clark, consists entirely of people Clark's met in the past: Bart Allen, Arthur Curry and Victor Stone. Realistically, you'd expect at least one fresh face, whom Clark has never come across. So, here you have a team, where Clark's only encountered one member in the past. Though, I do wonder what happened to that Randy Klein kid (whom we saw get recruited).

On the topic of set-up episodes. This episode had Parasite appear and steal Clark's power. An introductory episode would've had him do the exact same thing. So, this episode would've just been a repetition of that (which we've already done, twice, with Eric Summers anyway). There is really only one thing you can do, with a power stealing villain. Think I, when the episode first appeared, had some problems with Parasite being seemingly able to Permanently absorb Clark's powers. However, this actually makes him more dangerous. Clark can't just stand around and wait, until Parasite's used up the stolen powers, he actively has to try and make Parasite return his powers to him.

Think I also, originally, had a problem with them killing off Livewire and Neutron. However, those two are pretty low level villains. Not really on the same level as Zod, Darkseid, Lex, etc.. Does Clark's future as Superman really lack something, because he'll never encounter Livewire and Neutron? I mean, who's more important to the Batman mythos: the Joker or Calender Man? Here, those two got killed and Parasite (a bigger Superman foe) was allowed to live, with the possibility of returning one day. And you never know. If there is ever another Smallville comic series, a writer could easily bring them back to life. All they'd need to do is establish that someone took their corpses and experimented on them. As a result, they were not only brought back to life, but became more powerful than before. With Livewire becoming a being of pure energy and Neutron becoming one of nuclear energy.

Of course, Neutron is never identified as "Nathaniel Tryon" onscreen. So, one could argue that this isn't the actual character, but a random metahuman, who is issued the same codename.

The same with Parasite. Apart from a brief glimpse at a computer screen (blink and you miss it), he's never identified as "Rudy Jones". So, it would be easy to retcon him into being someone else. One could also have Clark, in the future, encounter a different version of Parasite (there's been several in the comics and Rudy Jones wasn't even the original).

So, the only problem is the killing of Livewire (as she's identified as being Leslie Willis). But, she could always be resurrected. Or have there be another woman in the world, with the same name, who also acquires electrical powers.
    Last edited by jon-el87; 04-16-2018, 01:02 PM.

Comment

• A fun thing about going back and having another look at episodes, is that you're bound to discover something new. When Eva Greer/"Chloe" shows Clark the profiles on the members of the team, we're shown seven profiles, but only five appear in the episode. So, there are two more members (a man (Randy Klein?) and a woman), who we didn't see in this episode. Meaning this group was bigger than it appeared onscreen. Now, the photo for the woman appears to be the same used for Livewire, but from an in-universe perspective, this is clearly supposed to be another person and they just cheated a little (after all, why would Eva put up the profiles of two members on two screens?).

I would've liked to have gotten a closer look at Eva's profile. She's a female shapeshiter with brown hair and the last name "Greer". Her name and ability does raise the question if she's somehow connected to Tina Greer. Perhaps her profile says: "Clone of Tina Greer".

Comment

• Originally posted by jon-el87
        A fun thing about going back and having another look at episodes, is that you're bound to discover something new. When Eva Greer/"Chloe" shows Clark the profiles on the members of the team, we're shown seven profiles, but only five appear in the episode. So, there are two more members (a man (Randy Klein?) and a woman), who we didn't see in this episode. Meaning this group was bigger than it appeared onscreen. Now, the photo for the woman appears to be the same used for Livewire, but from an in-universe perspective, this is clearly supposed to be another person and they just cheated a little (after all, why would Eva put up the profiles of two members on two screens?).

I would've liked to have gotten a closer look at Eva's profile. She's a female shapeshiter with brown hair and the last name "Greer". Her name and ability does raise the question if she's somehow connected to Tina Greer. Perhaps her profile says: "Clone of Tina Greer".

Both are shapeshifters and have the same last name in "Greer."

I don't think that was done randomly and even though no connection was made onscreen, I'd say it's safe to assume they are indeed connected.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎