Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was the Dean fishing scene because of Jensen?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was the Dean fishing scene because of Jensen?

At a recent Con (LA, I think) Jensen was asked what he would do if he weren't an actor. He mentioned that he would be a fisherman.

So when I saw the scene of Dean fishing (Which seemed a bit OOC to me for Dean) I wondered if Jen hadn't inspired that scene somehow.

Thoughts?

(also, who exactly is listening in on Dean's thoughts? Cas says someone might be. Angels, demons? *is curious*)

I think fishing was totally in character with Dean. Dean has been wanting a normal life since Season 2. After his encounter with "Adam" in Jump The Shark, it makes sense that Dean would want a life free of the worries of the impending Apocalypse.

It was probably Zachariah listening in on Dean's thoughts.

Comment

I agree. I think that Dean's dream was literally his wish to live a normal life and not the one that he has.

Comment

I take it as a direct continuation from "Jump the Shark"...Dean wanted a normal life such as Adam, so he then is dreaming of a normal life.

Comment

hmmmm maybe. perhaps it was a little wink to jensen. they tend to do a lot of winks to their actaul lives in shows although we might not catch them but im sure the cast understand them.

Comment

I liked the fishing scene.

Comment

Maybe, but it does go with where Dean is at right now in his life.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies, gang! Nice to know what everyone thinks.

Comment

ya i agree that is in totally in character fishing on a dock relaxing is so peaceful compared to the usuall lives of dead and dean would do anything to just have a normal life and literally its in his dreams now for that to happen

Comment

Originally posted by Welling_is_pretty
                    At a recent Con (LA, I think) Jensen was asked what he would do if he weren't an actor. He mentioned that he would be a fisherman.
                    Really?! I had no idea!

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎