No announcement yet.

T5 will take place before JD?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T5 will take place before JD?

According to an article on Moviehole.net, McG (who directed T4) would like to send JC back in time in T5. They discover time travel and go to the past on a mission to prepare earth for Judgment Day.

http://www.moviehole.net/200918871-t...g-back-in-time

This franchise needs more time travel paradox as much as Christian Bale needs help saying what he thinks. If time travel is possible please send a terminator back from the future to take out McG.

I would hate that. This trilogy has so much potential and should be about the future war. There's a lot of story that needs to be told there to warp up the story. At the very least we need to see Kyle Reese sent back, John face the terminator that's supposed to kill him, and the end of the war.
    There's no logical reason to send John back in time unless he's talking about a big budget tie-in to TSCC. Just kidding. Even then, it would be stupid.
    Anyway, it seems strange to me that he would tell the plot of the sequel before anyone has even seen Salvation. That's a lot of info to give away pre-release.

Comment

If JC goes back in time to change the past the changes should already be in his current time before he leaves shouldn't they.

Also he is the leader so who would take his place because I don't see how he could come back to the future.

Comment

I agree with the Cylon. That is the LAST thing this franchise needs.

However, I believe McG is that insane, judging by how he originally wanted to end Terminator Salvation...

Remember when McG warned that the end to Terminator Salvation might piss off a lot of people? Turns out the original ending was even more shocking, and it might not even be on the DVD.

Originally posted by io9 interview with McG
        That was at a time when there was a very dark ending. There was a great irony in the way this film shook down. There was this leak that Connor dies and they put Connor's face on top of the machine body of Marcus. Everybody went, "Booooooo, what's that?" That's half of it [the ending]. We had a jet-black ending. Connor dies, we're in a room with all the people we care about. You take Connor's likeness, you put it on the living machine of Marcus. He sits up, now looking like Christian Bale, takes a gun, kills Kate, kills Kyle, kills Star, kills everybody, eyes flare red, [snaps] the end.
        The weird thing is, the trailer for Terminator Salvation looks SOOO good, I just can't stand the thought of being disappointed by the future (no pun intended) of the franchise.

Comment

ok what year will T5 take place?

T4 takes place in 2018 and John Conner is not even the leader of the resistance in the movie. john answers to others who are in charge of the resistance. heck, the movie is all about marcus not john conner. proof is in the toys that are coming out. have you all seen the toys, they're horrible and everyone one of them is marcus this and marcus that. and then suddenly you see one john conner action figure in the middle of them. weird.

mcg did an interview where he revealed alternate endings for the movie. you can go here for that and to also see 10 clips from the movie.
          Merrick here io9 talked a bit to TERMINATOR SALVATION director McG & co-screenwriter Michael Ferris, who revealed some endings that were once considered for the project (but aren't actually the conclusions they're going with). We had a...

Comment

Originally posted by hellnback
            ok what year will T5 take place?
            McG says... "I strongly suspect the next movie is going to take place in a [pre-Judgment Day] 2011"

Which is stupid, because the new Judgment day happened around 2003 (the year T3 was released).

Yes, I don't like the fact that the story is about Marcus. I don't mind him being a part of the story, but this really needs to be about John Connor.

Comment

I think McG is just brainstorming, but I think it could make for an awesome movie. Skynet versus the modern military head to head, no nuclear sucker punches.

Comment

Originally posted by Harrison_Bergeron
                I think McG is just brainstorming, but I think it could make for an awesome movie. Skynet versus the modern military head to head, no nuclear sucker punches.
                I wouldn't mind seeing that battle (I am a big modern day military fan), but that's not what the Terminator story is supposed to be.

Comment

I wouldn't say it's all about Marcus. The trailers are very John focused. Marcus seems to be as important as Arnold in T2. There were probably more Arnold action figures than Sarah, John, and Kyle put together. It doesn't mean he was the focus of the story.

Comment

did i miss something? Who the eff is Marcus?

Comment

Originally posted by Beef Waggly
                      did i miss something? Who the eff is Marcus?
                      yeah, I think you definitely missed something...

but I'm not going to spoiler anything...if you want to know, just check the preview clips they released, or the trailers...

Comment

we should send go back in time and wipe out McG's existence and bring back cameron am i right? or am i right?

Comment

setting T5 i the past is stupid

Comment

I'm all for some more timeline chaos, lol. It will give us something to talk about (disagree about) here.

Comment

I am all for them trying to change the future by preventing the creation of Skynet. The first 3 movies were about preventing the birth of Skynet, why not continue that story line?

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎