Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News from the land of Jericho

Found on a MySpace Jericho Message Board:

Exclusive Breaking News: ’JERICHO’ THEATRICAL MOVIE IN DEVELOPMENT

Executive producer/Director Jon Turteltaub also talks about JERICHO repeats on CW

By CARL CORTEZ, Contributing Editor
    Published 1/14/2009

THE SKINNY: It’s the concept that never seems to die, and that’s a good thing according to JERICHO executive producer/director.

While promoting his new horror TV series HARPER’S ISLAND for CBS (airing midseason), Turteltaub tells iF that he’s really happy about JERICHO’s first season being re-aired Sunday nights on the CW.

“It’s crazy, ” says Turteltaub. “I think they’re airing it because it’s cheap and there’s still that feeling that it hasn’t really gotten all the attention it can. When I think about the fact, a repeat of JERICHO on CW actually has more viewers than an episode of MAD MEN, you realize the difference between cable and broadcast, you realize the difference between what the press is watching vs. what America is watching. And I bring up MAD MEN, because it’s a brilliant show. But it’s still fun to see the show won’t die.”

So if the show proves to be a CW success, could it come back to broadcast TV with new episodes?

“If it was like this remarkable success, they would bring it back, ” Turteltaub says.

Of course, the big news is Turteltaub’s company is currently hatching a potential feature film version of the TV show.

“We’re developing a feature for JERICHO, ” says Turteltaub. “It would not require you to have seen the TV show, but it get into life after an event like this on a national scale. It would be the bigger, full on American version of what’s going on beyond the town in Jericho.”

And what about the TV cast – would they return?

“Oh yeah!”

And would it be a huge budget?

“Anything would be a huge budget compared to what we were dealing with, ” he adds. “If we had $40 million dollars to make a movie with, that’s 20 times more than we did before.”
    Last edited by Chlollie; 05-05-2009, 10:39 AM.
Working...
X
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎