Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Injustice

CHAPTER 19

IT TOOK a lot to make General Sam Lane cry, but as he saw his daughter, his little Lo, lying in that bed, with tubes sticking out of her, he couldn’t stop the tears from falling. He wrapped his arm around his other daughter, Lucy, who was sobbing into his chest. The doctors had explained to them that Lois was, by all means, dead. They also explained that keeping Lois alive on life support was costly, but Oliver Queen had stepped in and offered to pay for Lois’s medical expenses, so the family had time to decide what they wanted to do with her.

“Where’s Chloe?” Lucy sobbed, looking up at Clark, who looked as sad as she did.

“We’re trying to get a hold of her,” Clark assured, but the truth was they had no idea where to even look for her.

“Lucy, why don’t we go down to the cafeteria and get some coffee?” Lana offered.

Lucy looked up at her father, who nodded his head, and then she took Lana’s outreached hand.

“This is very hard for Lucy,” Sam said once they were gone. “Hell, it’s hard for me.”

“I’m so sorry”—Clark began to say, but was interrupted.

“It’s not your fault son. It’s not even Mr. Queen’s fault. You took care of my little Lo, and I’m grateful for that.” He grabbed Lois’s cold hand and clasped it between his. “This is just a damn tragedy.” He gently placed Lois’s hand back on the bed, and then collapsed into the chair, rubbing his forehead with his fingers.

“They gave me this,” He showed Clark a pamphlet. “On how to donate Lo’s organs.”

“Have you decided?” Clark asked. “On what to do with her?”

“You know when I got the news I said I don’t care how much it costs me, I’m keeping her on life support.” He looked down at Lois. “But as I see her now, and after the doctors said there was no chance of recovery, that my baby is dead”—He cut himself off as he began to choke up. “She wouldn’t want this.”

Fairview, the city Chloe had decided to settle down in, was quite boring now that Bart was gone. He was off somewhere in Egypt with Dinah, Victor and AC, fighting their injustices, while she sat here, trying to get her headaches under control, while also figuring out who Tess was working with.

A short from throwing her computer out the window, Chloe had definitely exhausted all of her options. There was nothing out of the ordinary except for a first-class plane ticket from Hong-Kong to Metropolis. Tess had access to the Luthor’s private jet, there was no reason for her to buy a plane ticket unless she used it for another person.

Opening up the West Jet database, Chloe hacked into their mainframe and entered in the serial code for the plane ticket Tess had purchased. Now she would find out who used the ticket, and who possibly had a hand in turning Chloe to this angry mess.

The passport picture popped up on her screen. Anger and betrayal had overwhelmed her.

In two days she would be back in Smallville.

In two days she would confront the person she considered a friend.

Clark had offered his home to the General and Lucy while they got Lois’s things together and prepared to say goodbye to a woman who was truly extraordinary. Oliver said he would cover any expenses, and the General was truly grateful for his hospitality. In two days, Lois would be taken off from the machines that were keeping her breathing and her heart beating. Her organs would then be harvested for those who needed them, and even though that was a good thing, in a selfish way he couldn’t picture someone else having a part of Lois.
    “You okay?” Lana asked as she made her way up the barn loft steps.
    He turned to face Lana. “Not really.”
    “Lois wouldn’t want you to dwell,” Lana commented.
    “I should have been there,” He added, feeling frustrated. “She shouldn’t be lying in that bed.”

Lana could see that his concern for Lois was more than just that of a friend. He had developed feelings for Lois when she was gone, like Chloe had said, but now that Lois was dead, their relationship would be rekindled. She would be there for him, and they would fall back in love again.

Great update! I need more!

awesome

Banned
    Great update, hope next one will be longer. And soon.

Why do i hate Lana so much GRRR lol

Great update Lauren keep it going im officialy hooked

CHAPTER 20

THE GREYHOUND BUS came to a grinding halt at the Smallville Bus Terminal. It had been a long two days on the bus, and as Chloe stepped off, she couldn’t help but feel good that she was home, after a long four months away.

It had just turned 2am, and she was looking forward to lying down in her own bed. She needed to rest up and figure out how she was going to deal with Lana.

Rolling her suitcase, she walked by the familiar boulevard that led to her apartment. The cold night air was refreshing, and there was just something surreal about nights in Smallville, where the stars shined their brightest.

She walked by one of the newsstands that had limited copies of the Daily Planet. When she first arrived to Smallville when she was in grade 8, she was lucky to even find one copy, but the Planet had expanded, and now Smallville was getting their taste of what it was like to live in the big city.

Taking out a $1.25, she inserted the money into the coin collection, and reached in to grab a paper. She mostly bought it to see how bad the Luthor’s were doing ever since she deleted all their files. Instead, the first page read: “Mystery shooter leaves Daily Planet writer, Lois Lane, brain dead.”

It took only a few minutes for Chloe to hack into the hospital’s security system and stick the video cameras on loop. She then made her way up to the 8th floor, where Lois was now residing. The nurses were busy watching repeats of Married with Children, the only decent show on at 3 in the morning.

The sounds of the breathing machines were starting to freak Chloe out, but as soon as she saw Lois it felt as though her whole world collapsed on her.

She pulled up a chair, and grabbed her cousin’s cold hand. She couldn’t stand to see Lois like this.

“Hey Lois,” She began to say, wiping the tears from her eyes. “Sorry I haven’t been a good cousin to you lately, it’s just that I’m going through stuff right now and I was afraid to let anyone in, and mostly I was afraid how you would react if you found out I was meteor infected.”

Chloe paused, remembering all the trouble the two used to get into when they were younger. She didn’t know why she was afraid, because she knew deep down she knew Lois would accept her no matter what. Lois was the only person who had come through to her in any situation.

“Remember the time our dads’ took us to that little crappy lake when we were younger?” Chloe laughed, as she recalled the fishing trip. “And you were mad because Lucy got to go to Walt Disney World with her friend’s family, so you took the box of your dad’s cigars and threw them in the fire? I don’t think we ever ran so fast or so far in our life, and we decided that if one of us had to go down, we both would.”

“I’ve let you down Lois, and you ended up suffering because of me. I just hope you’ll forgive me.”

She brought her cousin’s hand up to her lips and kissed them, before placing them back on the bed. She knew what she had to do.

“I love you Lois.”

She got up from off the chair, and bent over to kiss her cousin’s forehead. When she was done, she placed her hand on Lois’s head and waited for the bright light to consume the two of them.

Clark was suddenly awoken by the telephone ringing. It was 5am in the morning, who could possibly be calling?

“Hello?” Clark said half awake.

“Mr. Kent, this is Metropolis Hospital.”

Clark was fully awake now.

“Did something happen to Lois?” He asked, wondering if the machines had failed.

“She’s awake. It’s a miracle.”

“Ok, thank-you. We’ll be there as soon as possible.” He said in disbelief as he saw the General, Lucy and Lana descend from the steps.

“That was the hospital wasn’t it,” Lucy began to cry. “Lois is dead, isn’t she?”

Clark looked at the three of them. “Lois woke up.”

They arrived at the hospital an hour and a half later, Oliver already meeting them there. Before they could go in and see Lois, the doctor wanted to talk to them and by the look on his face, he was in absolute disbelief.

“This is truly quite a miracle,” The doctor said.

“Well my little Lo is a fighter,” Sam said.

“Can we see her?” Lucy asked excitedly.

“We removed all the tubing equipment, but her mouth is still a little dry, so she isn’t able to talk all that much, but she knows who she is.”

Lucy ran past the doctor and into Lois’s room, the General following suit.

Clark looked over at Oliver, who had a mix of pure joy across his face.

“I thought we would be burying her today,” Oliver said, unable to believe that Lois was alive and well.

Clark waited outside until everyone had their turn to see Lois.

“Hey Clark, me and dad are buying breakfast, what would you like?” Lucy asked once she stepped out of the room. It was hard to believe that just a few hours ago, she had been completely devastated.

“Whatever you’re having will be fine, thank-you,” He replied, and Lucy nodded as her father stepped out of the room and gently squeezed Clark’s shoulder out of joy.

“You can talk to her if you like, son,” He said, and then walked with Lucy down the hall.

He stepped into her room, relieved that to see the tubes gone. It was just Lois and Clark now. He sat down beside her, and Lois looked at him and smiled.

“You had us really worried, Lois,” He said, and just like the Lois he knew, she rolled her eyes. “I’m glad your okay.”

“Ch...Ch...loe,” Lois tried to say, but her throat was to dry. Clark handed her the glass of water and she took a sip.

“I’m sorry Lois, I haven’t been able to find her.”

“No. Chloe...was here.”

“She healed you?” Clark asked, and Lois nodded her head.

“It felt just like before.”

Clark took a moment to think about this. If Chloe was back and found out Lois had been shot she would have the opportunity to find out who was responsible in a fraction of the time before any police officer, and if she still had the power would she use it to hurt the person responsible.

He turned his attention to Lucy and the General who had returned with breakfast.

“You have to find her,” Lois said in a bare whisper. “Before she does something she’ll regret.”

Banned
    Great update. Can't wait for more. Please update soon.

awesome

awesome....finally some good chlo-lo moments. Can't wait for more!

Banned
    Update please.

yes please update

Banned
    Where are you, me need a update.....

Sorry for the update taking so long. I've had a lot of problems writing this chapter, and finally I came up with something that I am somewhat happy with. The next chapter should be longer, and it will be the final one. So I hope you enjoy the second last chapter of Injustice, and I thank you for your reviews.

CHAPTER 21

TESS PACED AROUND Lex’s office nervously, while exchanging panicked glances with Lana, who had just told her that Lois Lane was alive and not dead as she had planned. Chloe Sullivan was back in town, and it was only a matter of time now before their paths would meet.

“Maybe you should leave,” Lana suggested. “Go some place safe?”

Tess looked at Lana, not wanting to admit that the thought had crossed her mind. However, she never ran from a fight, and this one was not going to be an exception, even though Chloe significantly had the upper-hand.

“There’s only so much we can assume,” Tess said, walking over to the big oak desk. “On how much Chloe does and doesn’t know.”

The door to Lex’s office suddenly burst open, causing Tess and Lana to turn around.

“I know everything,” Chloe’s cold voice rang as she looked at the two with the utmost disgust.

Tess noticed Chloe’s hands had started to glow black, and the last thing she saw was her world fading to black.

Tess slowly starts to regain consciousness, as her blurry vision becomes clearer and clearer. Her hands are tied down to one of the wooden chairs, and she can see and hear Lana struggle against her restraints. She looks down at the rope, noticing the interact knots Chloe had tied them in, realizing that it would be pointless to even try.

Lana sighed exasperated, and Tess only knows what she is thinking. If only she had her powers.

“About time you two woke up,” Chloe said as she walked over to them. “Sorry about the restraints, I just needed to talk to you both.”

In a way, Tess was intrigued by the small blonde. Even before she had powers and the super-brain she now possessed, she was still one-step ahead of everyone. She could never anticipate Chloe’s next move, and in a way that scared her.

“What do you want to talk about?” Tess asked, breaking the silence that had engulfed the room.

“Betrayal.” Chloe looked at Lana, the person she once considered a sister. “How could you sell me out to the Luthors of all people?”

If there was any appropriate time for Lana to regret her decision to help Tess it would have been now, but as she didn’t. The only thing she regretted was the failed attempt to make the world a better place.

“Answer me!” Chloe yelled, causing both Tess and Lana to jump in their seats. Chloe put her hand to her forehead. The headaches were getting worse, and her nose had started to bleed.

“You have all this power Chloe—power that people would die for, and you don’t use it. It isn’t a curse,” Lana said, meeting Chloe’s steely gaze.

“What do you call this then?” Chloe asked, wiping the blood away with her sleeve.

“Causality?” Tess mocked in order to divert Chloe’s attention away from Lana.

Chloe walked over to Tess and gripped her hands on top of Tess’s.

“Like I said Chloe, you may be winning the battle, but you haven’t won the war.”

Chloe looked at Tess in confusion, when suddenly she felt a lightning zap hit her from behind, causing her to stumble on the ground.

“Do it now!” Annie shouted as she watched as Mark and Bill made their way over to Chloe. Bill massed both Mark and himself out as he entered in Chloe’s mind. Chloe was trying to fight back, but it was no use. When Mark was finished, Chloe’s eyes had turned meteor-rock green.

Carl and Fred both cut the restraints off Lana and Tess.

“Did it work?” Carl asked.

“There’s only one way to find out,” Tess said as she approached Chloe, who was still sitting on the ground.

“Chloe, find me the cure for cancer,” Tess ordered.

“Right away,” Chloe replied.

Night had befallen the large city of Metropolis, and Clark had no luck tracing his best friend down. It appeared as if she never even made it back to the Talon, and he wondered if she had just healed Lois and left.

He made his way back to the Isis Foundation. He wasn’t that computer savvy, but if there were any clues on where Chloe could possibly be, it might be on the computer. He opened the door, and he heard someone scuffling in the back. He cautiously made his way to the computer area, and flicked on the lights.

“Jesus Smallville!” Lois said, “You scared me half to death!”

“Lois what are you doing here?” Clark asked noticing the pair of scrubs she had on.

“I’m trying to find Chloe,” Lois responded, turning off her flashlight.

“You should still be in the hospital,” Clark said.

“I’m fine Clark. Chloe healed me once before.”

“But the doctors don’t know that,” Clark replied.

“I don’t do hospitals, okay? Now, either help me or shut-up.”

Clark sighed, but decided to help Lois. He turned on the computer. “It’s password protected,” Clark said.

“I’m guessing she doesn’t write passwords down, does she?”

Clark shook his head.

“Any idea?” She asked Clark.

“No, but maybe there is an option for forgotten password?”

Clark entered in random numbers, and a big X appeared on the screen. He did it one more time and the option for forgotten password appeared. He clicked on it and a series of questions appeared on the screen. Now his test of friendship would come into play.

“What city was I born in?” Clark said as he read the question out loud.

“Metropolis.” Both Clark and Lois said in unison.

“What can’t I live without?” Lois read.

“Coffee.” They both replied again as Clark typed in another answer.

“Name of first pet?” Clark read, but then was stumped. He turned to Lois. “Chloe never mentioned she had a pet.”

“She didn’t,” Lois said, trying to think, and then burst out laughing.

“How is this funny?” Clark asked.

“It’s an inside joke. The answer is Lucy.”

“Isn’t Lucy your sister?”

Lois nodded, still laughing. “When we were younger, we both begged our parents to buy us a pet. Instead, I got Lucy, so I called her a pet and told Chloe she could be both our pets. I’m surprised she still remembered that.”

Clark smiled warmly and entered in the last answer. Within seconds, the mainframe opened up.

“So where do we look?” Lois asked, when all of a sudden an instant message popped up.

Clark read it out loud: “If you are reading this message, Tess Mercer will think she is winning, and I may be in trouble. Tess, along with the help of Lana set up a trap to use my powers for their benefit and it backfired. I’m at the Luthor mansion.”

“That’s why Chloe has been acting weird,” Lois said.

“Lois, you stay here. I’ll get Chloe.”

“No Clark, I’m not leaving you by yourself.”

“You almost died Lois; I’m not going to let that happen again.”

“It won’t, Clark, but I’m going to the mansion and you can’t stop me.”

awesome

Banned
    Great chapter, can't wait for the rest.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast