Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

awesome chapter

Comment

CHAPTER 15

BART AWOKE the next morning to the sound of the water running in the shower. Despite the bed being uncomfortable, he actually had a good night sleep. He heard the water shut off, and got out of bed. Within moments, Chloe came out fully dressed in a new pair of clothes, while towel drying her hair.

“Morning, gorgeous,” Bart said and Chloe smiled sympathetically, while she gathered up all of her things and stuck them back in her suit case.

“We kind of slept in. The bus is going to leave in like 5 minutes, and you’re not even ready.”

Bart just smiled at Chloe. “No worries.”

All Chloe heard was a WOOSH and felt a quick breeze. By the time she realized what happened, Bart was showered, changed and had breakfast in his hands, and they still had 5 minutes to spare.

“Sometimes I forget how fast you are,” Chloe said as she grabbed her chocolate croissant, and coffee.

“It comes in handy,” He said as he grabbed his own croissant. “Other times I like to sit back and enjoy the moment.”

“Must have been weird though, having your whole life turn upside down?”

“Yeah, I mean, it really wasn’t a picnic. My parents, well, they tried to be supportive, but I could tell in their eyes that they hated when I used my powers. It was too good to be true to survive a massive lightning bolt strike without something not being different.”

“You know, I don’t even remember being caught in the first meteor shower.”

“Weren’t you like 3 years old?”

Chloe nodded. “I told Lois I was meteor infected.”

“How’d she take it?” Bart asked.

“She was shocked, but she didn’t look scared or repulsed.”

“You two seem pretty tight,”

“We are—were. I don’t know anymore.”

Bart gave her a sympathetic smile, and even though he didn’t know Lois personally, the time he saw the two of them together at the Ace of Clubs, he knew they cared deeply for each other. They were loyal to each other, and he sensed that the two cousins would rather die before they turned their backs on each other.

Lana walked down the stairs and into the kitchen, where Clark was already preparing breakfast. He hadn’t come to bed last night, and Chloe’s words were starting to ring true.

“Did you sleep on the couch?” Lana asked, as she grabbed a seat, while Clark scrambled the eggs.

“I was going over some inventory; I must have dozed off in the barn,”

Lana just nodded her head. She always felt that the barn was their sacred place, after all, when they were younger, he used to spend all of his time in there, looking at her through his telescope, and maybe he did just fall asleep out of exhaustion.

Lana looked over to see Lois make her way into the kitchen. She was dressed in the only pair of work clothes she had left, that she luckily kept at Chloe’s apartment just in-case she ever spent the night.

“Morning, Smallville. Lana. How are you two today on this fine morning?”

“Someone’s in a good mood,” Clark joked, as he distributed the eggs and bacon on three plates.

“I feel like a new person, Smallville, and I have a busy day.”

“You know, Perry isn’t expecting you in so soon.”

“I need the money, besides, my whole wardrobe got torched and I need clothes.” Lois took her plate and two extra pieces of bacon from Clark’s plate.

“Will you be staying at the Talon then?” Lana asked, hoping this sleep over was just a one-time thing.

“Yes, besides Smallville knows I like my alarm clock to play music, and not squawk.” She quickly finished the eggs, and thanked Clark for breakfast, before making a comment that his mom still made the best eggs, but he was learning and headed out the door.

“For someone who just escaped death, she sure has a lot of energy,” Lana commented once she heard Clark’s truck pull out of the driveway. He was going to pick it up at the Talon after, but today he was dedicated to working on his farm, noticing that the tractor that had been in the Kent family for generations needed a fine tune-up.

“I was thinking we could do something after, like go out to dinner?” Lana suggested.

Clark wanted to say that he was pretty busy, but he knew he couldn’t get away with that, so he said, “Sure.”

This made Lana smile. Tonight the two of them would have a romantic dinner in Metropolis, and she would confess her feelings for him, and then he would take her back.

An hour later, Lois arrived at the Planet, thanking everyone for their well wishes. She had a story to write about her true Red and Blue American hero. She decided to write it as a thank-you letter that wasn’t just from her, but for the rest of the citizens that he managed to save, and hopefully that would draw his attention to another phone-booth rendezvous.

She sat down at her computer desk, removing the bouquet of flowers Human Recourses got her. She turned on her computer and checked her e-mail, and besides the usual conspiracy theories, and well wishers, Chloe had not bothered to e-mail her either. She would be lying if she said she wasn’t disappointed or even hurt, because she was. Closing her e-mail account, she opened a new document as she still had a story to write.

Tess sat in the back room of a small, private, coffee shop in Metropolis that only the rich could afford to enter. Some of the coffee prices here was a two hour work job for normal working citizens, but it was the worlds finest and best that no one could top.

She saw the man she was waiting for enter and make his way to where she was sitting. He was clad in a casual, but formal looking outfit. His jet black hair was combed back, and his hazel eyes complemented his piercing smile, and as he extended his hand, he looked as though he could hardly hurt a fly.

“Mr. Potts thanks for meeting me.” Tess said as she shook his hand, and watched as he took a seat.

“Please, call me Daniel, Ms. Mercer,” He said as a waiter came by and poured him a cup of black coffee.

“Then call me Tess,” She responded. Daniel was very well spoken and polite. It was hard to believe he was a contract killer.

“So Tess, what can I do for you?” Daniel asked as he took a sip, the strong aroma delighting his senses as it slid down his throat.

“I have a problem that needs to be taken care of.” She took out her purse and placed a manila envelope on the table. “All the details are in there.”

He grabbed the folder and opened it, looking at the picture of the young woman named Lois Lane. She was a beautiful woman, it was such a shame. Whatever reason Tess had for wanting Lois dead was none of his business.

“She just got out of the hospital, so I don’t want her dead right away. And I want to make it clear that she is the only person to die.”

Daniel nodded. Her requirements were set, and now, his would be. “I want a $100,000 deposit. Upon completion, I will receive the other 200,000.”

Tess looked into Daniel’s hazel eyes, and then took out her check book.

“Deal.”

Comment

Great! Can't wait to see what happens.

Comment

awesome

Comment

Great chapter, so looking forward to more soon.

Comment

CHAPTER 16

LOIS LANE HAD just finished typing the epic story of her Knight in Blue-and-Red armour and had just sent it to the printer. Thanks to Jimmy, pictures of her burnt apartment would accompany what was sure to be the front pager on how she went from almost being a roasted marshmallow, to a person alive and well enough to tell a tale she shouldn’t have survived.

Of course her near-death experience had her also thinking about who tried to kill her in the first place. She was no scientist, but rooms just don’t spontaneously combust without a probable cause. She had tried to think of who she recently pissed off, but had come up blank. There were only a handful of people who knew where she lived anyway, and the only one she was distant from at the moment was Chloe, who was definitely not acting like herself.

Her mind wouldn’t even let her entertain the possibility that Chloe was the one that had set the fire when Lana had brought it up last night.

“She was just so angry,” Lana had said to Clark and herself, as they sat around the fire, with tea in their hands. “It wasn’t like her. She was smashing plates—I tried to get her to calm down, but then she shocked me. Is it so wrong to believe that Chloe could be responsible?”

Not realizing it until now, Lana had given her reasonable doubt, and now her mind was playing the ‘what ifs’.

She got up from her chair and over to the copy room, collected her story and dropped it off at her editor’s desk. She needed to find out the truth. She needed to talk to someone who could help her.

Oliver slammed his fist against on his desk out of frustration. No matter how much times he tried to unfreeze Watchtower’s files, he was stuck at a dead end. Even Victor had no luck in cracking the system, saying it was like the computer was inputting different sequences whenever he got close to bypassing a firewall.

He heard the familiar ring of the intercom-elevator. He wasn’t expecting any visitors, and as he turned on his camera to see who it was, he saw Lois Lane waiting. Buzzing her in, and shutting off his computer, he waited as the elevator doors swung open and smiled as Lois stepped out.

“You’re out and about rather quickly,” Oliver commented, offering Lois a bottle of water which she gratefully accepted.

“You know me,” She said, making small talk. “I won’t stop until I’m dead.”

“You shouldn’t joke about that,” Oliver pointed out as he led them to his couch.

“Your right. That was bad.”

“So what brings you over?”

“I actually wanted to say thank you for taking care of my medical bills.”

“It was nothing Lois,” Oliver replied. “But since you already thanked me, I’m guessing you are here for another reason.”

There was no use beating around the bush now. “I need your help,” She said. “Or, more specifically, the Green Arrow’s help.”

This intrigued Oliver. “And what exactly do you need?”

“I want to know who set my apartment on fire,” Lois replied as she got up from the couch. “And Lana thinks Chloe could be the perpetrator, since she’s been acting bizarre, but I just can’t accept that.”

Oliver knew the extent of Chloe’s behaviour as he looked over at his now turned off computer that he couldn’t access. However, even though she deleted every single Luthor file and knocked Lana unconscious, he highly doubted Chloe would intentionally hurt Lois.

However, he did have probable cause to believe whoever set Lois’s apartment on fire was working for Tess. However, why they went after Lois eluded him.

“Has Chloe mentioned Tess?” Oliver asked, and Lois shook her head.

“You think she had something to do with it?” Lois asked.

“She is working for Lex,” Oliver replied, and since they both knew Chloe was held against her will in a Black Creek facility it did make sense.

“Let me do some digging. If I find anything, I’ll let you know.” Oliver said.

Daniel watched from his sports car as his target, Lois Lane, left the Clock Tower apartment that belonged to Oliver Queen. She had looked happy—a person who had their whole life ahead of them. But all he could think of was the vacation he was going to take after he kills her.

Taking out his phone, he dialled Tess’s number. After a few rings she picked up.

“I'm going to keep following her. When I feel the time is right, I will strike” He said and then hung up, directing his sports car into traffic and speeding down the road.

The Metropolis restaurant Lana had chosen to take Clark was a fancy one that required semi-formal dress. Lana was wearing a silk pink-rose dress, while Clark was clad in a blue cotton button down and beige pants.

“This is nice,” Lana said as she took her seat, Clark following suit.

“Yeah it is,” Clark replied, looking at the menu. He ordered a two glasses of wine for the two of them.

The dinner consisted of small talk, and, in a way it was very awkward for Clark. For him, it felt like the longest two hours of his life.

When dinner ended and he paid for the bills, and the two of them were walking back to the truck, Lana stepped in front of him and passionately kissed him on the lips.

“I love you, Clark,” She whispered when she pulled apart.

He only wished he still felt the same way.

The bus had reached the final destination, and now Chloe had a choice to make: either hop on another bus, or settle down here in the outskirts of Keystone, until she got her headaches and anger problems under control.

She wasn’t going to make the decision tonight; instead, she and Bart booked a hotel room. They would figure things out once they ate something and slept on something that wasn’t stuffed with rocks, as Bart had cleverly put it.

The hotel room was definitely an upgrade from the first one they had, and to Chloe’s delight the bed was very soft.

Bart had two room service menus in his hand, everything over priced, and none of it appealing to him.

“What do you want to eat?” Bart asked.

“I don’t know,” Chloe said. “I’m so hungry I could eat about anything.”

“What are you in the mood for?”

“I could honestly go for some Greek food. I haven’t had that in ages.” But before Chloe could say ‘what about you’, Bart was already gone. When he came back a few minutes later, he was carrying a large take-out bag from what looked like came from Greece.

“You didn’t go to”—

“Greece?” Bart interrupted. “Why yes I did.”

“You’re so good to me, Bart.”

“Anything for you, beautiful.”

Comment

awesome

Comment

Great update. Like the Chlart scene, hope for more soon.

Comment

Sorry this chapter is so short, but its the build up for what is to come next.

CHAPTER 17

3 MONTHS LATER

IN THE 3 months since he said he would help Lois find whoever set her apartment on fire, he had finally caught a lucky break, and it was in all part of Victor’s help and the Queen Industry satellite. He may have not been able to access the Watchtower files, but he was able to use the old image of Chloe’s Iris program and upload them to Victor’s hard drive where he was able to read the Luthor files she deleted. Apparently, as Bart had implied, Tess had her own Injustice gang, and two of the eleven members were pyromaniacs.

He took out his cell phone and dialled Lois’s number.

“Found something?” Came Lois’s voice as soon as she picked up.

“Meet me at the docks tonight at 11,” He replied, and then hung up.

Daniel watched as Lois walked by him. Thanks to a nifty piece of technology, he was able to hear her entire conversation. She was going to be at the Docks at 11pm, and so was he.

Tess had hung up her phone and smiled to herself. Tonight Chloe would get the message she had been waiting for.

The sun was starting too descended, and from his barn loft, he watched the orange rays disappear. It had been 3 months, and there was still no word on Chloe and a part of him felt sad that it had gone this far. He should have done more to protect Chloe.

He felt Lana’s hands around his shoulders. She had told him many times that it wasn’t his fault, but he couldn’t help but feel otherwise. He wanted—needed Chloe back. She was the only one that understood him.

At exactly 11pm, Oliver was waiting by the Docks, looking onto the moon shimmer against the blackened waters. In a way, it felt peaceful.

He turned his attention when he heard Lois walking toward him.

“You got the information?” Lois asked and Oliver handed her a folder with everything he had found out. She was reading it, and even though they were only first names, it was better than having her think Chloe set the fires.

Lois handed the folder back to Oliver, because that was all she needed to know. She had confidence that the Red-Blue-Blur was out looking for Jake and Carl anyway. It felt as though a weight had been lifted off her shoulders, and now that she was finally settled down into her new apartment, all she needed to do was find Chloe and all would be right again.

“You heading home now?” Oliver asked.

“I think I’m going to take the long way,” Lois responded.

Through his sniper scope, Daniel watched as Lois and Oliver Queen finished their conversation. He couldn’t make out what they were saying from his position, but all he needed was for Oliver to step away, or head in the opposite direction before he could pull the trigger.

The two then exchanged hugs and his opportunity was clear. Oliver had his back turned and was walking out on the docks, back to his car, while Lois was still looking out at the moon. He made sure he had the right set up and then fired.

BANG! BANG!

He shot her down.

BANG! BANG!

She hit the ground.

BANG! BANG!

That awful sound.

BANG! BANG!

He killed her now.

Comment

Dam, you can't leave it there, please more updates today.

Comment

awesome but you can't not leave it there

Comment

Great updates more please.

Comment

CHAPTER 18

OLIVER PICKED HIMSELF up from off the ground, looking for any signs of the person that had shot at them, but was unable to see anything or anyone.

“Lois!” He yelled as he rushed over to her, noticing the pool of blood that was slwoly forming around her. “Oh God.”

He took out his cell phone, feeling the blood pumping through his veins. He knelt down beside Lois, gently cradling her in his arms.

“I need an ambulance,” He cried, once the operator picked up. “My friend’s been shot in the head.” He had given the operator his location, taking Lois’s wrist to feel for a pulse, but he couldn’t tell if what he was feeling was his pulse or hers.

The colour was draining from her fast, and he kept praying for her to hold on, that help was coming, but all he really wanted to do was vomit.

The ride to the hospital had been a complete blur, and the doctors had taken Lois right away. He just stood outside of the emergency room, his mind screaming: ‘No! No! No!’

“Oliver!”

Oliver spun around to see Clark rushing toward him. He had phoned Clark as soon as he arrived at the hospital, and Oliver was guessing that Clark had used his super-speed to get here.

“What happened?” Clark asked, grasping Oliver’s shoulders for support. His shirt was soaked in Lois’s blood.

"There was...someone was shooting at us,” Oliver finally managed to say. “By the docks.”

“Where’d she get hit?” Clark asked, and all Oliver could manage to do was point to his head, and a wave of sadness overcame Clark. He should have been there to protect them.

They made their way over to the waiting room seats. Clark had never seen Oliver this shaken up before. Even when the police had come to question what Oliver had seen, he could barely form coherent sentences.

Clark wouldn’t deny that the anticipation of Lois’s condition was affecting them both. Even when Lana had come by to sit with them, he could barely feel her hand in his.

Finally, after a few hours of painful waiting, one of the doctors’, who was attending on Lois, stepped out. Clark and Oliver exchanged a quick glance, noticing the doctor’s expression.

“How is she?” Oliver asked, and the doctor looked down, shaking her head.

“Is she dead?” Clark asked, feeling a lump form in his throat.

“I’m so sorry, but your friend suffered severe brain damage. I’m afraid she is brain dead. She is being kept alive on machines.”

Clark felt as though he was being exposed to kryptonite.

“We contacted Lois’s father and sister. They will be here in the morning to decide what they want to do with her,” The doctor continued.

“Is there any chance?” Clark asked, and the doctor shook her head again.

“I’m sorry. She’s only alive because of machine intervention.”

Lana wrapped her arms around Clark’s, resting her head against his arm.

“Can we see her?” Oliver asked, his voice panged with guilt.

The doctor nodded and took them to Lois’s room.

The humming sound of the breathing machine and heat pump was the first thing that greeted the three of them when they entered her room. There were tubes sticking out of her mouth, and her eyes were closed. Her colour was starting to return, but she hardly looked like the Lois Clark knew and loved.

Oliver looked at the machines around her. One was taking in her vitals, and they seemed to be good. The other machine only had a straight line, and Oliver presumed that was reading Lois’s brain activity. He started to cry when he realized she had none.

Clark put a comforting hand on Oliver’s shoulder. It wasn’t Oliver’s fault, it was his. He should have made sure Lois was safe.

“This can’t be happening,” Oliver said, wiping away the tears that spilled down his cheek.

Clark wanted so badly for this to be a horrible nightmare, but he knew it wasn’t. Lois was brain dead, and tomorrow her father and sister would be here to decide whether to keep her on life support, or pull the plug. He wasn’t ready to burry another person he cared about.

Tess stood on the balcony of the Luthor’s castle, overlooking the small town of Smallville. Lana had just texted her; Lois Lane was brain dead, and tomorrow the plug would be pulled, and Chloe would get the message to not mess with Tess.

Life was good.

Comment

This is so good, can't wait for more, hope more today. Chloe is so going to kick Tess's butt and I hope Chloe heals Lois.

Comment

that was awesome

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎