Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bizzaroboy9
    Well, look at the bright side! Clark's screentime this season has surpassed his season 6 and season 7's screentime. If he gets 20+ minutes in Injustice and hopefully more than 15 minutes in Doomsday, he could possibly surpass his season 5's screentime. Also I think this is the first season where every cast members have more than 100 minutes. Tess is still under 100 minutes but it'll change since she has two more episodes to be in. If you seen the webclip for Injustice where the IJL team set up Clark into fooling that it's the real Chloe who may be a shapeshifter, may not account for her screentime next week if she's not the real Chloe. As for Lois, I'm expecting to see her get more than 15 minutes in Doomsday hopefully bringing her screentime close to 160 minutes. Oliver and Davis should be up in 130 minutes range as Jimmy.

----- Added 12 Minutes later -----

Ok, his screentime for season 5 is 441 minutes so Clark's screentime may surpass it. I noticed that the episode TW directed usually have Clark having the most screentime. Clark's screentime in the episode directed by TW are: Fragile, 22 minutes; Hydro, 14 minutes (not a great example); and Apocalypse, 32 minutes. So I have a good feeling that if Clark's screentime in Injustice is more than 20 minutes, he would get to maybe 425 minutes or so. And in the season finale, Clark always have more than 17 minutes. So if you add that that's like 442 or 443 minutes surpassing season 5's 441 minutes.
    Clark needs to average 19m, 39s for the final two episodes to surpass his Season 5 screentime. I think he'll do it. The only thing I want to know is will he get a 30 minute episode. Every other season except for Season 5 he's had at least one. I actually hope he doesn't, so Chloe's time in Abyss remains the highest for the season. I'm going to predict around 21-22 minutes next week and 24-25 minutes for the finale

Comment

How did you come up the ID BadToad? Call me curious
      Its actually taken from a cartoon character, on a very obscure cartoon called the Drak Pack, that aired many years ago. There's more story to it, but thats the gist.

Comment

Thank you for the numbers.

Comment

A good writer would have found a way to distribute the screentime better. In Turbulence the writers had no problem keeping Clark prevelant AND moved his story along dispite TW being scheduled to direct the next episode. Why? Because they were actually good and wanted to give due respect to Clark's storyline.

Beast was a case of a bad writer not knowing how to write Superman well at all and perfering to focus almost all the story on Chloe and her epic decisions. I lay this squarely at the feet of Genevieve Sparling who I personally wish never writes another episode of Smallville again.

Look at the minutes for her only other episode Progeny. Clark got 13 minutes, and Chloe 23 minutes. TW wasn't sick for that episode, and he wasn't directing the next episode after that - Nemesis. Yet this writer pulled the same junk then. I just hope this was her last episode. She obviously has a different idea about who the main character of this show is suppose to be.
          Last edited by Fallen One; 05-03-2009, 01:37 AM.

Comment

It's the material that she is given Cedric. It's not her fault. If they had told her that Clark was going to be on the same set for most of the episode just like he was in Turbulence, she might have squeezed more screentime minutes out of him.

Comment

Ouch! Even Davis got more screen time than Clark. I guess this what happens when Tom Welling directs an episode - a small price to pay in order to see his brilliant point of view.

I, of course, always want to see as much Clark as possible, but this was a really good episode, so I can't complain much. What I can't believe is that we only have two episodes in the season left. Where did the time go?

---
              Thanks BadToad for the info!

Comment

Originally posted by BadToad
                And this week, on Chloeville...

Episode Running Time: 41m, 38s (previously on: 1m, 6s)

Clark: 12m, 51s
                Chloe: 20m, 36s
                Jimmy: 10m, 38s
                Davis: 15m, 43s
                Oliver: 16m, 59s

Season to Date (# of eps):

Clark: 402m, 6s (20)
                Chloe: 274m, 12s (20)
                Lois: 146m, 35s (11)
                Jimmy: 103m, 24s (10)
                Tess: 98m, 29s (11)
                Davis: 109m, 52s (11)
                Oliver: 112m, 39s (10)

Well it makes sense because TW is directing Injustice well was directing Injustice but still just

Comment

Originally posted by tyson08
                  [mod edit] Clark had to direct the next episode which means he couldn't appear in his regular 20+ minutes.
                  I can't even remember the last time Clark was in 20+ minutes of an episode... is it even about Clark Kent's journey into Superman or about the people who surrounded him before he became the man of steel? It's hard to say...

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by AgentChaos
                  Clark needs to average 19m, 39s for the final two episodes to surpass his Season 5 screentime. I think he'll do it. The only thing I want to know is will he get a 30 minute episode. Every other season except for Season 5 he's had at least one. I actually hope he doesn't, so Chloe's time in Abyss remains the highest for the season. I'm going to predict around 21-22 minutes next week and 24-25 minutes for the finale
                  How sad is it that a sub character has the highest time in any one episode? Its pathetic really....

Clark should be in the entire 42 minutes... It's not like we'd get sick of him..
                  Last edited by Lilah; 05-03-2009, 11:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by ZODisGOD
                    whats wrong with this show? Clark should be the main focus.
                    I was expecting a low time but with this, I am really angry. I can't stand anymore this show with Clark as a guest star. I hope they will fix it for the next seasonI watch SV FOR CLARK, PS3 ARE YOU THERE ?
                    Thanks BadToad

----- Added 51 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by Diego*Chloe

Well it makes sense because TW is directing Injustice well was directing Injustice but still just
                    Exactly, it is totally crazy
                    Last edited by Tompouce; 05-04-2009, 04:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Lilah
                      I can't even remember the last time Clark was in 20+ minutes of an episode... is it even about Clark Kent's journey into Superman or about the people who surrounded him before he became the man of steel? It's hard to say...

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

How sad is it that a sub character has the highest time in any one episode? Its pathetic really....

Clark should be in the entire 42 minutes... It's not like we'd get sick of him..
                      I would .

Comment

Ouch. Less screentime than Power? I repeat, ouch.

I generally like the supporting characters, but twelve minutes out of 40? That's... Even Oliver beat him and he was barely even relevant to the story!

Comment

Originally posted by Lilah
                          He had 22m, 41s in Hex.

Clark might be the main character, but not every minute of every episode has to focus on him. The other characters need development, too, and sometimes, they are going to take some of the spotlight. They might have gone too far at times (AoS, Season 6+7), but overall I think they do a great job of fleshing out every character, while mostly keeping Clark in the middle of the action.

I would get sick of seeing Clark in every minute of every episode.

The same thing happened in Season 5. Lionel's screentime in Mercy of 29m, 57s was the highest of that season. It's not pathetic at all.

Comment

12 minutes looks bad. But as Agent Chaos can verify, if we look at his SC total for Sleeper and Static, then it doesn't look so bad.

Comment

Originally posted by AgentChaos
                              He had 22m, 41s in Hex.

Clark might be the main character, but not every minute of every episode has to focus on him. The other characters need development, too, and sometimes, they are going to take some of the spotlight. They might have gone too far at times (AoS, Season 6+7), but overall I think they do a great job of fleshing out every character, while mostly keeping Clark in the middle of the action.

I would get sick of seeing Clark in every minute of every episode.

The same thing happened in Season 5. Lionel's screentime in Mercy of 29m, 57s was the highest of that season. It's not pathetic at all.

Yes it is. The show is supposed to be about Clark. Minor characters should develop accordingly to his character and his story. Not the other way around. I get annoyed when the focus isn't on Clark, because the show is about Clark. So basically its like saying I'm watching Supernatural for the demons and angels and Sam and Dean get 12 mins. What the crap! That doesn't even make sense. No wonder Beast sucked. Clark was in it less time than anyone, besides Jimmy I think. Now it makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by devilneedsaride
                                Ouch. Less screentime than Power? I repeat, ouch.

I generally like the supporting characters, but twelve minutes out of 40? That's... Even Oliver beat him and he was barely even relevant to the story!
                                You didn't notice ? Clark was not at all in Power, ouf !
                                I agree with Lilah, other characters need to be developped but around Clark and not the opposite. We have understood very well the Chlavis plot, thanks a lot, now we need to see CLARK

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎