Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by melissan02
    Not enough Clark! Just not enough Clark! What a shame!
    Because TW is directing the next episode. It's expected.

Comment

Just out of curiosity BadToad...did you include the scene with a dismembered Clark into your figures? Did it get half marks given that it was only half of him?
      Last edited by amalie; 05-02-2009, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dustmite
        Because TW is directing the next episode. It's expected.
        I was referring to this episode and this episode alone. Just not enough Clark time for me. He is the focus of the show, right?

Comment

Originally posted by BadToad
          Actually, I wasn't surprised at Clark's screentime being down, and they actually handled it a bit better here then they did last year with Sleeper, or the year before with Static.

But I do believe that the home stretch of episodes in this season are disturbingly UN-Clark centric, and I do believe Chloe and her storyline seem to have eaten the show. I didn't care for that when Lana was in that position, and I don't care for it with Chloe. Yes, the show is about other characters then Clark, but his storyline should be most important, most prominent, and should especially be focused on as the season draws to a close. IMO, this season has failed on this bigtime. And it annoys me, and I'm allowed to express that opinion.
          Was this in response to my post because my comment wasn't directed at you. I was addressing the general dismay being expressed. I'm not sure how much ST people were excpecting for an episode preceding the one that he's directing. Especially based on past seasons

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by melissan02
          I was referring to this episode and this episode alone. Just not enough Clark time for me. He is the focus of the show, right?
          I know you were and it's impossible for him to prep the next episode and have heaps of screentime for this one. Right? He can't prep and act at the same time. So either he has lots of screentime in this episode and doesn't direct or he directs and it's cut back.
          Last edited by Dustmite; 05-02-2009, 08:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Fallen One
            12 minutes for Clark??? 20 for Chloe???? Oh sweet Jesus.

hey but those 12 minutes were awesome, he was hot and SUPER!!

Comment

Thanks for the numbers.

During the beginning of the episode, I was thinking, "Wow, where's Clark?!" But then I remembered that Tom was directing "Injustice" and he had to prep. Anyways, I thought was a good episode for one that didn't have very much of Clark in it.

Comment

No Dusti, my comments weren't directed at you, or anyone really. It was just articulating my position, and why I feel annoyed with the direction the show has taken in this season. The comment was strictly about me.

Just out of curiosity BadToad...did you include the scene with a dismembered Clark into your figures? Did it get half marks given that it was only got half of him?
                You people are silly!

But no, I didn't include that into Clark screentime. It just didn't feel right.

Comment

Thanks BadToad for the numbers!

Here's hoping that next week Clark will have more screentime than this episode

Comment

I knew that this was going to be a Clark light episode doe to Tom's directing Injustice, but 12 minutes was way too little. I have to admit that those 12 minutes were exceptional, but I really would have liked to have more of him. Chloe and Davis have really been eating up all the screentime. I watch this show for Clark and really need to see more of him and I would also really like to see more of Lois! Oh well, next weeks episode should be good because it is directed by Tom, so, maybe, just maybe, the lack of Tom in Beast will possibly be worth it in the long run. His lack of screentime coul mean that he devoted his attentions to his directing skills.

Comment

In Static in season 6, he had around 7 minutes. In Sleeper in season 7, he had around 8 minutes. I was expecting much worse for Tom going on those figures.

Comment

Thanks for that Bad Toad
                        Even with Clark having low screentime i still felt his prescence and him being involved in the story.

Comment

As always, thanks for the numbers! Here's hoping for more Clark time the next two episodes. Unfortunately both upcoming eps seem pretty crowded character wise.

Comment

Originally posted by Clark/Lois-fan
                            Thanks BadToad for the numbers!

Here's hoping that next week Clark will have more screentime than this episode
                            I hope too

Comment

Well, look at the bright side! Clark's screentime this season has surpassed his season 6 and season 7's screentime. If he gets 20+ minutes in Injustice and hopefully more than 15 minutes in Doomsday, he could possibly surpass his season 5's screentime. Also I think this is the first season where every cast members have more than 100 minutes. Tess is still under 100 minutes but it'll change since she has two more episodes to be in. If you seen the webclip for Injustice where the IJL team set up Clark into fooling that it's the real Chloe who may be a shapeshifter, may not account for her screentime next week if she's not the real Chloe. As for Lois, I'm expecting to see her get more than 15 minutes in Doomsday hopefully bringing her screentime close to 160 minutes. Oliver and Davis should be up in 130 minutes range as Jimmy.

----- Added 12 Minutes later -----

Ok, his screentime for season 5 is 441 minutes so Clark's screentime may surpass it. I noticed that the episode TW directed usually have Clark having the most screentime. Clark's screentime in the episode directed by TW are: Fragile, 22 minutes; Hydro, 14 minutes (not a great example); and Apocalypse, 32 minutes. So I have a good feeling that if Clark's screentime in Injustice is more than 20 minutes, he would get to maybe 425 minutes or so. And in the season finale, Clark always have more than 17 minutes. So if you add that that's like 442 or 443 minutes surpassing season 5's 441 minutes.
                              Last edited by bizzaroboy9; 05-02-2009, 01:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Thanks BadToad, for your input and time on this one! It's rather fascinating I find, something I don't think fans usually do for TV shows, which proves to me that SV fans are very special indeed. How did you come up the ID BadToad? Call me curious .

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎