Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29
  1. #1
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 08
    Posts
    492

    Tess/Orb/Traveler

    *Sighs*

    Things keep getting more confusing by the minute! I am hoping someone can shed some light on me.

    Even after watching Eternal a dozen times, I can't uncover who is the REAL TRAVELER? Is it CLARK OR DAVIS?

    I still believe Clark is the Traveler.

    Now, onto the orb. In Eternal, we saw Tess opening the brief case to uncover the orb. And in the Injustice trailer, we see a light shining on Tess from the orb, so it's obvious that she uses it. The orb will play a major role in the season finale, apparently.

    Clark tells Tess that "This is not your battle" and Tess replies with "So you admit that its yours!?" After they exchange those words, it shows a purple light descending on Tess from the orb...it seems that she unlocks the technology of it.

    Last year in Arctic, it was made clear the device was used to control the Traveler.

    If Tess is so hell-bent on pushing Clark to overcome his greatest challenge so that he can fulfill his destiny, it looks like she will use the device to control Clark, aka the Traveler, into doing her bidding. Meaning, she will control Clark so that he can defeat Doomsday and overcome his greatest challenge yet.

    It was made clear Tess is obsessed with Clark and wants him to become Superman, and that he cannot become Superman till he defeats Doomsday. So I believe this is where the storyline is going. I highly doubt that Davis is the real Traveler and that Tess would control him with the orb so that he does her bidding...I doubt she would turn on Clark and everyone and have Doomsday kill everyone because supposedly the orb contains a lot of ancient power that could destroy everything.

    Please share your thoughts and speculations on the matter.

  2. #2
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Posts
    10,558
    I think Clark is supposed to be the traveler and Davis is supposed ot be Sageeth. Totally ingnoring the knife that both Lex and Lionel grabbed in Talisman making one of them Sageeth.

    I personally didn't care for the Traveler storyline, and the retcon of Naman and Sageeth is even worse.

  3. #3
    Mod of Steel Vergon6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 07
    Location
    The Twilighty Zone
    Posts
    25,353
    Clark is the Traveler and I really hope that at some point, they make it clear that Lex is Sageeth, that Tess was just blinded by her resentment of Lex to see it (also given her ignorance of the starblade).

  4. #4
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 08
    Posts
    492
    Quote Originally Posted by Vergon6 View Post
    Clark is the Traveler and I really hope that at some point, they make it clear that Lex is Sageeth, that Tess was just blinded by her resentment of Lex to see it (also given her ignorance of the starblade).
    That is exactly what I thought as well.

  5. #5
    Forum Regular razta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 07
    Location
    Abu Dhabi
    Posts
    425
    nice theory, makes a bit of sense too :-)

  6. #6
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 08
    Posts
    492
    Quote Originally Posted by razta View Post
    nice theory, makes a bit of sense too :-)
    Thank you. I appreciate it.

  7. #7
    Forum Regular razta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 07
    Location
    Abu Dhabi
    Posts
    425
    just watched the clip again.. it looks to me Clark will be Tess' Biatch in this ep

  8. #8
    New In Town Doomsayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 09
    Posts
    7
    as far as controlling the traveler, it doesnt really "control" clark it just strips him of his powers and brought down the fos. it was mentioned early in this season when clark was talking to jor-el that when he meant to control him it meant taking away his powers because of jor-el not knowing how clark would use his powers. so no one can technically control him with the orb. as far as the effects of the orb on davis...that is a question mark.

  9. #9
    Forum Regular razta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 07
    Location
    Abu Dhabi
    Posts
    425
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomsayer View Post
    as far as controlling the traveler, it doesnt really "control" clark it just strips him of his powers and brought down the fos. it was mentioned early in this season when clark was talking to jor-el that when he meant to control him it meant taking away his powers because of jor-el not knowing how clark would use his powers. so no one can technically control him with the orb. as far as the effects of the orb on davis...that is a question mark.
    No, i disagree, Jor-el said "If you became a threat." clearly it would be beneficial to have Tess controlling clark in this instance

  10. #10
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 08
    Posts
    492
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomsayer View Post
    as far as controlling the traveler, it doesnt really "control" clark it just strips him of his powers and brought down the fos. it was mentioned early in this season when clark was talking to jor-el that when he meant to control him it meant taking away his powers because of jor-el not knowing how clark would use his powers. so no one can technically control him with the orb. as far as the effects of the orb on davis...that is a question mark.
    But how does stripping one of his powers control him? That doesn't make sense because then there is nothing to control if he loses his powers? It is leaning to like 99.5 % that Tess will use the orb to control him in the finale so that he can defeat Doomsday. If the orb "only causes him to lose his powers" then he surely has no chance against Doomsday? If the orb's sole purpose is to strip him of his powers again, then Clark WILL die because he won't be able to fight Doomsday without his powers, meaning he will be a human being if he goes up against Doomsday.

    Why would the writers bring back the orb arc? Surely not for Clark to lose his powers again..we already saw that in Arctic's finale. There is more to the device than meets the eye. It is powered with technology to control people, that is what Lex was HELL-BENT on finding for 6 episodes last season. To control the Traveler and to destroy him. Just because Clark lost his powers when Lex initiated the device doesn't mean that was the end of the device. The device went inactive when the Fortress came down because with all of the ice crashing and instability, it caused it to de-activate. Now, Tess will unlock it yet again and finally we are going to get a kick-ass finale with the device controlling the Traveler. I mean, really, what was the point of the Veritas arc then? If the device doesn't control anyone, then it was a VERY STUPID storyline! The whole purpose of it was to control CLARK and it will occur in Doomsday.

    The orb contains huge technology and next week Tess finally unlocks it. She will use it to control Clark and he will do Tess' bidding. He will be under her control. Even the trailer for Injustice proved that when Clark said "This is not your battle" and she said "So you admit that its yours?"...meaning she is infatuated with Clark and the notions of him defeating Doomsday, and the orb device will aid Clark in defeating Doomsday since Tess will inevitably help him.

    She has her strategy planned out. She wants Clark to accept his destiny no matter what and the only way she sees it will happen is if she controls him to defeat his greatest challenge yet. She wants Clark to persevere and WIN, even if she has to control him to do so, since it's been made clear that Clark does NOT want to fight Doomsday. The orb is the only way that Tess sees for Clark to fulfill his destiny.
    ----- Added 35 Seconds later -----

    Quote Originally Posted by razta View Post
    No, i disagree, Jor-el said "If you became a threat." clearly it would be beneficial to have Tess controlling clark in this instance
    Precisely!

    ----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

    Quote Originally Posted by razta View Post
    just watched the clip again.. it looks to me Clark will be Tess' Biatch in this ep
    LOL, so true! I love the fiery Tess! She has SPAZZ in her! Clark becomes her slave thanks to the orb!
    Last edited by ClarkNLanaTogether4Eva; 05-02-2009 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  11. #11
    Forum Regular razta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 07
    Location
    Abu Dhabi
    Posts
    425
    Yeap, Cassidy play's a good Tess..

  12. #12
    Ming-the Merciless Glove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    Somewhere on Mongo
    Posts
    3,201
    The Starblade was supposed to disappear in the hands of Sageeth
    and it evaporated in the hands of Lex and Lionel. Now, they are
    trying to tell us that Doomsday is Sageeth. Why did the Starblade
    disappear in the hands of Lex and Lionel? Why didn't the Starblade
    vanish in the hands of that american indian's son? The creators of
    Smallville are starting to make their own plot mistakes.

  13. #13
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 08
    Posts
    492
    Quote Originally Posted by Glove View Post
    The Starblade was supposed to disappear in the hands of Sageeth
    and it evaporated in the hands of Lex and Lionel. Now, they are
    trying to tell us that Doomsday is Sageeth. Why did the Starblade
    disappear in the hands of Lex and Lionel? Why didn't the Starblade
    vanish in the hands of that american indian's son? The creators of
    Smallville are starting to make their own plot mistakes.
    That is what I was thinking too. I hate when they go back and change the history.

  14. #14
    I feel nostalgic marcella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 07
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro,Brazil
    Posts
    106,423
    I still think Lex is Sageeth and no Retcon is going to change that

  15. #15
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 08
    Posts
    492
    Quote Originally Posted by marcella View Post
    I still think Lex is Sageeth and no Retcon is going to change that
    Oh Marcella, that would be a dream come true. I loved how they established that in the old days of the show and when they change history, they make a mess of things. Now, it appears that Davis is the Sageeth. They will probably change the history again and make Darkseid or whomever is the villain in S9, be the Sageeth, LOL.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •