No announcement yet.

Drug Addicted Jimmy

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drug Addicted Jimmy

Poor Jimmy. Why did they have to go and do this to him. He's shy, nerdy, Jimmy. He's the wholesome Olsen for goodness sakes! What is wholsome about drugs. And I mean the bartender thing was nice and all...but he's supposed to be a photographer at the Dailey Planet who like worships Clark. Not out trying to get money for drugs. *Sigh*

I know! I don't like Druggie Jimmy either!!

Comment

I didn't like him stealing and acting like a jerk to Ollie. It's like even though they are showing the crappy side of Jimmy, you see some small glimpses of the good character he really is. I really hope they get him back on his feet.

Comment

totally!

Comment

Many people become addicted to prescription drugs not by choice but by circumstance.
          Jimmy was not a person who took recreational narcotics before he was substantially injured by Doomsday, recovery from any injury is not easy, and most doctors are careful not to over prescribe such narcotics to any patient for just the reason Jimmy is suffering from.

Addiction in any form is not humorous at all, and people such as the fictional Jimmy Olsen suffer from that everyday, being called a "Druggie" is not nice.
          I hope they are going down the high road on this subject and do it tastefully.

I have changed the title of this thread.

Comment

eh, srry i didnt mean to offend anyone i was just sad about jimmy

----- Added 7 Minutes later -----

and i know that people get addicted to perscription drugs, but they also have ways to help you ween off them and stop, you dont have to go buy drugs on the street and steal from people. he refuses to get help.

----- Added 10 Minutes later -----

and i wasn't trying to be funny either. i don't like what they are doing to jimmy. or ollie for that matter. killing is wrong. and drugs ruin lives and hurt people.
            Last edited by jjsmallvillelvr; 05-03-2009, 03:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I didn't think you were making light of the situation, I too am saddened that Jimmy is in that situation.

Yeah, sadly it sometimes (but not always) a person will hit rock bottom before they begin the long journey back. I have witnessed that journey first hand more than once in my former employment.

As I said, I really hope they take this storyline seriously and not have some "miracle recovery".

Comment

I kind of like it that Jimmy isn't the "wholesome Olsen" right now. It's another, serious side of his character. Surprisingly, I think it has brought out the best in him as well as the worst. His offer of self-sacrifice in Beast was noble, and the pain he feels at losing Chloe-- at losing "everything"-- is actually quite dignified. I think his drug dependancy was developed in a very believable way, starting as a physical need for pain killers that developed into a need to kill the mental pain. His downward slide was logical, abandoning his job at the Planet, working as a bartender, getting involved with some shady characters.

And it looks to me like Jimmy may be on the path to redemption. After initially rejecting Oliver's help (understandable IMO-- he couldn't bear to be pitied) he now has a job and a way to get his dignity back.

Comment

is this in the comic? about jimmy being an addict? or is it just a smallville thing? if so, i really do not like the direction that there taking jimmy. he shouldn't be a druggie. he should just be jimmy and make me laugh..lol

Comment

That more of a Roy haper thing lol, Ripped off Green Arrow comics there.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎