Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Clark seem jealous or concerned about Chloe/Davis?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AndiGirl
    The only reason why I personally think there was jealousy....was because he took the time to tell Ollie. "Chloe couldnt possibly have feelings for him. She could never choose davis over.....her friends." It was obvious what he was trying to say. Chloe would never pick Davis over me.

He isnt even willing to entertain the idea for a split second. I dont think this makes him selfish at all....just ironically human! Clark has always been a bit possessive with the women in his life, and obviously not without reason.

Does this mean he's "in love with her." Not at all....but it does go right along with Clark typical pattern of not being able to be second latter in Chloes heart. (which I honestly dont think he is...but he's obviously going to be questioning her motives for awhile)
    I guess I just took his reaction in that scene as being an issue of loyalty or betrayal. He wouldn't entertain the thought that Chloe would betray him because she has always been so loyal. Jealousy is more of a rivalry thing to me. I think of Davis/Doomsday as Clark's enemy not as someone he is jealous of. But that's just me.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndiGirl
      The only reason why I personally think there was jealousy....was because he took the time to tell Ollie. "Chloe couldnt possibly have feelings for him. She could never choose davis over.....her friends." It was obvious what he was trying to say. Chloe would never pick Davis over me.

He isnt even willing to entertain the idea for a split second. I dont think this makes him selfish at all....just ironically human! ...
      well you posted exactly what I was going to! about that line he says to Ollie.(my bolded)

And your comment about him being human brought to mind my thoughts when Davis in the FOS told him how CHloe makes him feel human, Like so oftentimes is the case, I think we were hearing it from someone else what Clark is feeling about Chloe.

Comment

• I've only read the first 3 pages, but to those saying it clearly showed jealousy and as such proves his love for her (romantically)...

Does that mean if my sister went off with Davis, and I reacted like Clark (I almost certainly would) then that would show I have romantic feelings for her and wish to sleep with her?

I'm sorry but IMO I just really think he does not love her in that way. He loves her, like I love my family, but there are different forms of love out there and I believe Clark does not feel that way about her. It's platonic love. For example, going back to the analogy with my sister. Suppose she was assaulted by a violent mugger. If I showed any sort of passion and anger towards the crime, does that mean I am deeply in love with her? Of course not, and I believe that sort of logic is very unreasonable and entirely untrue.
        Last edited by sithius; 05-06-2009, 03:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by sithius
          I've only read the first 3 pages, but to those saying it clearly showed jealousy and as such proves his love for her (romantically)...

Does that mean if my sister went off with Davis, and I reacted like Clark (I almost certainly would) then that would show I have romantic feelings for her and wish to sleep with her?

I'm sorry but IMO I just really think he does not love her in that way. He loves her, like I love my family, but there are different forms of love out there and I believe Clark does not feel that way about her. It's platonic love. For example, going back to the analogy with my sister. Suppose she was assaulted by a violent mugger. If I showed any sort of passion and anger towards the crime, does that mean I am deeply in love with her? Of course not, and I believe that sort of logic is very unreasonable and entirely untrue.

The fact is that Clark never looked at Chloe like a sister...

Comment

• Concerned and jealous.

Comment

• Only concerned, how could he be jealous when he has Lois.........or any other gal he wants!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• He's not with Lois yet.And he was jealous when she got with Jimmy or any other guy.Non Clarkers don't see what's right front of them.

Comment

• Oh Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Oh no!!!!!!!! Only concern.

Comment

• Definitely not jealousy. I think he just feels betrayed that Chloe would run off with Davis, and leave him. Clark is used to being the one who protects Chloe,, not the other way around.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎