No announcement yet.

Tonight was proof; never have episodes without Lois

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tonight was proof; never have episodes without Lois

Every bad episode this season had Lois missing from the cast. If TPTB are smart (BIG IF!!), they will have Erica for all 22 episodes next season and keep some sanity to the season. The whole Lana arc in the middle of this season made me want to puke and now this one. Next week is also without Lois and that already makes me want to puke.

ITA but only because jimmy was the only person in the episode that didn't make me want to freakin scream. Jimmy the crackhead everyone, the lone voice of reason on the crazy train.

Comment

So much word<3

Comment

My biggest worry is if Lois is in every episode they will give her a big "dramatic" arc like this Chloe and the Beast stuff. I can't speak for everybody but I enjoy the show better when it takes a much more light hearted approach to telling a story of Clark's life and we usually guarenteed that with Lois.

Comment

I disagree. I'd say never have episodes where Clark has such little screentime and has his decisions made by someone else. It's been done with Lana & now it's being done with Chloe. This is recycled garbage that should have been discarded, never to be seen again.

I'd like to see Lois in 22 episodes next season. But I think they could have shown Clark saving people and doing what's right in this episode without Lois being in it & still have it be a good episode. Instead they did everything else and made Clark not have a say in anything that IS HIS DESTINY. Lois being in this episode wouldn't have saved it from being the rubbish it was.

Comment

I'll have to agree with thehenry, Jimmy certainly was the only one with a clear head, even if it were clouded with drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
              I disagree. I'd say never have episodes where Clark has such little screentime and has his decisions made by someone else. It's been done with Lana & now it's being done with Chloe. This is recycled garbage that should have been discarded, never to be seen again.

I'd like to see Lois in 22 episodes next season. But I think they could have shown Clark saving people and doing what's right in this episode without Lois being in it & still have it be a good episode. Instead they did everything else and made Clark not have a say in anything that IS HIS DESTINY. Lois being in this episode wouldn't have saved it from being the rubbish it was.
              We are in agreement. I'm only pointing out that this is never an issue when Lois is in the cast. When Lois is not in the cast we get SuperLana kicking butt and Chloe taking over control of Oliver, Clark and anyone else who gets in her way. I hope Chloe is not in S9 and we get what you've pointed out with Lois being a more complimentary partner and not a competitor. Lana wanted to be a superhero and now Chloe seems to want to be also. They've overdone it.

Comment

My only complaint (besides no Lois) was way too little Clark. He was hardly around. But isn't he directing the next episode? So that was kind of expected, I guess.

Comment

Lois would have only gotten in the way tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Supsfan
                    My biggest worry is if Lois is in every episode they will give her a big "dramatic" arc like this Chloe and the Beast stuff.
                    Knocks on every wood I can find!!!

Comment

For me this is proof that Lois being absent makes things better.

Comment

in all fairness not every episode needs lois especially this one as i feel she wouldnt fit in. But yeah she does have a knack for making some episodes better

Comment

Originally posted by Supsfan
                          My biggest worry is if Lois is in every episode they will give her a big "dramatic" arc like this Chloe and the Beast stuff. I can't speak for everybody but I enjoy the show better when it takes a much more light hearted approach to telling a story of Clark's life and we usually guarenteed that with Lois.
                          I agree w/ this to a certain extent, but I also don't want the Lois episodes to always feature her as some type of comic relief either. ED has the acting chops to pull off drama just as well as she does comedy. Lois episodes/Clois scenes lately have been light-hearted juxtaposed to the dark Chlavis/Dooms storyline, and I like that, but I want some seriousness thrown in for our intrepid reporter and iconic, legendary couple of Lois & Clark!

Comment

Lois made forever, and spell watchable she def could have added something to this chlavis nightmare.

Comment

The difference between episodes with Lois are they're full of little jokes, it's hard to have a serious episode with Lois in it, to be honest. I love Lois' character but there has to be a serious point in the story line and unfortunately they have her as the " make a joke about everything to ease the tension " which as far as I remember she wasn't always this strong of a smart ass.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎