No announcement yet.

Tonight was proof; never have episodes without Lois

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by xrayvision
    Well Jimmy is certainly important because he is a big part of Clark's Superman life. I could care less about Chloe, Oliver, or any Justice League character. I think it would be good having a set of villians such as Intergang.

I think it's important to start catering to the comic fans because we have been ignored for too long. And the comic fans I'm talking about are Superman comic fans, not JLA fans or fans of other DC comic heroes. Superman fans have been getting the shaft. The mythos that Smallville was building for itself, which I loved more than anything else about the show, is now desecrated with all the incomprehensible plotholes & retcons.

What attracted me and many other fans (from reading posts in these forums) to the show was the mythos and the Clark-Lex dynamic. They messed up on both. They made the Clark-Lex friendship all about Lana in season 5. We hardly saw any of it in season 4.

I do want Clark & Lois related plots next season, but I also want Jimmy and a good set of villians. Intergang is perfect because it would allow for continuously good episode plots unlike Doomsday, who only has so much you can do with him until the big fight. I want to see Jimmy become the legendary photographer he becomes. More importantly, I want Clark to become the reporter he becomes. It's atrocious how he has been shown involved in writing articles since the first season and is the one who hasn't written anything for the longest time.

I want Clark immediately to get a reporter job in season 9. Not a copyboy/errandboy or everything but a reporter's job that he has now. I don't want him to become Lois' doormat & get into Perry's team due to cronyism. If they can't respect Clark Kent & decently develop him, then they had no business continuing this show after season 3, because Clark hasn't done anything progress-worthy since then. I like that this season he has kicked up his heroic deeds, but it stinks because we don't even see him due to the budget. All we mostly get is that superspeed sound effect and a person is saved.

I'm still hoping that Clark gets fired next season and works on his own at the Metropolis Journal. Clark is not supposed to go out & investigate things with Lois. He and Lois are supposed to go on their own with Superman (or in this case the Blur) helping her out when she gets in trouble. Having the 2 go out like that to do their job is as annoying as having Lana accompany him as a hero in Requiem (well maybe not that bad, but still pretty bad). The traditional way it's done is they get an assignment where each checks out various aspects of the investigation. If they work together, this is how I want it.

Also in every form of Superman, Clark Kent was already an established reporter before working with Lois. It's obvious he isn't going to get the opportunities to get started as a reporter while working with her. Once he's developed, then yes. But not now. If Clark works for the Metropolis Journal after what happens to him at the end of this season, then he can get those chances and he & Perry White can build their repertoire so we can visually see how & why Perry is hired back at the Planet and how Clark gets his legendary job. Because it wouldn't make a lick of sense having Clark work with Lois, who has written many front page articles & is already established. That's like having an entry level employee work with an employee who already has many achievements on their resume.

It would be very Clark Kent like to leave the Daily Planet now & go to the Journal because he would have to know that he doesn't deserve the job he has and Jonathan taught him not to accept things given to him without merit. So I would rather see him climb the ranks of reporting throughout the next season and cross paths every now & then with Lois while working on a story. It would make things very interesting seeing a rivalry across the 2 newspapers and headlines. It would bring out the best of Lois & Clark. And having Jimmy as a freelance photographer who could work for either paper before being hired back by the Planet would work out nicely & give him a lot of exposure.

Having Lois & Clark work for different papers would also allow them to talk about non-business related matters when they meet outside their jobs. I have no doubt that this would be a win-win scenario for everyone. It would give Clark an actual mentor for his career, and we know how great Clark & Perry White interacted in that 1 episode.
    Great points. I suppose I'm wrong in associating comics with other space creatures. I want Superman and you lay it out quite well here.

Comment

• Well Injustice is another episode with no Clark and Lois adventures. Loving Smallville.

Comment

• Originally posted by Promise
        Well Injustice is another episode with no Clark and Lois adventures. Loving Smallville.
        I don't have high expectations for the remaining two episodes but especially tonight. At least Lois will be in "Doomsday" and I for one think that she will learn Clark's secret and that alone should be interesting. As for him fighting a giant Iquana, it doesn't interest me.

Comment

• ^^^Who is giant iguana, galatians? Doomsday? LOL

There is some common thoughts between me and xrayvision (5 posts above) but not exactly. I also enjoy episodes with Lois in it especially this season. Why? For me, the answer is very simple. It’s because her time has come. Someone mentioned that the first 3 seasons were great without Lois. Well, dah! Of course they were because it wasn’t her time yet! (So was S4 to S7. She didn’t really have a purpose to be on the show.) It was Lana’s time, and it was Lex’s time as his storylines was nicely retold & made to be fit in the early Clark’s life (and it wasn’t the first time Lex was introduced in Pre-Superman story) with that ‘best friends becomes arch enemies’ angle. For me, Lana becoming witch in the S4 was the first sign that her time was running out.

Each character has their rightful places in Clark’s life and now that he starts working at DP, Lois and Jimmy’s time has finally come and that’s why we feel right every time we see them on screen, imo. For example, if Lois was introduced for the first time in this season, I bet no one had screamed to their TV screen that it’s too early for her to be on the show. That’s what I mean. It’s all depends on where Clark is at, imo. Now he is in Metropolis most of the time and working at DP. So it’s very natural to have these supporting characters who are also around DP.

You said they’ve ruined Jimmy’s character galatians, but I disagree. Jimmy Olsen is no one’s love interest and whenever we see glimpse of his true self (e.g. Identity) he instantly shines because he is an arch type character that survived & loved many decades along with his co-supporting characters. They’re brilliant as they are. These show runners just couldn’t write his younger self interestingly because they’re not that creative, imho. Now in its 8th season and soon to be 9th, we’re as close to Superman era as never has been before, and it’s time for these significant supporting characters to shine right next to Clark Kent. JMO

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblueplanet
            ^^^Who is giant iguana, galatians? Doomsday? LOL

There is some common thoughts between me and xrayvision (5 posts above) but not exactly. I also enjoy episodes with Lois in it especially this season. Why? For me, the answer is very simple. It’s because her time has come. Someone mentioned that the first 3 seasons were great without Lois. Well, dah! Of course they were because it wasn’t her time yet! (So was S4 to S7. She didn’t really have a purpose to be on the show.) It was Lana’s time, and it was Lex’s time as his storylines was nicely retold & made to be fit in the early Clark’s life (and it wasn’t the first time Lex was introduced in Pre-Superman story) with that ‘best friends becomes arch enemies’ angle. For me, Lana becoming witch in the S4 was the first sign that her time was running out.

Each character has their rightful places in Clark’s life and now that he starts working at DP, Lois and Jimmy’s time has finally come and that’s why we feel right every time we see them on screen, imo. For example, if Lois was introduced for the first time in this season, I bet no one had screamed to their TV screen that it’s too early for her to be on the show. That’s what I mean. It’s all depends on where Clark is at, imo. Now he is in Metropolis most of the time and working at DP. So it’s very natural to have these supporting characters who are also around DP.

You said they’ve ruined Jimmy’s character galatians, but I disagree. Jimmy Olsen is no one’s love interest and whenever we see glimpse of his true self (e.g. Identity) he instantly shines because he is an arch type character that survived & loved many decades along with his co-supporting characters. They’re brilliant as they are. These show runners just couldn’t write his younger self interestingly because they’re not that creative, imho. Now in its 8th season and soon to be 9th, we’re as close to Superman era as never has been before, and it’s time for these significant supporting characters to shine right next to Clark Kent. JMO
            I generally agree but Jimmy is always a bit of comic relief and usually says "Golly Mr. Kent" about four times per episode and they've turned him into a bitter, drug addict who has been turned into a hater. It's all over the top just like they did with Lana, now Chloe and before long, Shelby will be kickboxing pitbulls and able to fly. They just don't seem to know where to stop with this stuff and it gets a little over the top imho.

Comment

• Originally posted by galatians221
              I generally agree but Jimmy is always a bit of comic relief and usually says "Golly Mr. Kent" about four times per episode and they've turned him into a bitter, drug addict who has been turned into a hater. It's all over the top just like they did with Lana, now Chloe and before long, Shelby will be kickboxing pitbulls and able to fly. They just don't seem to know where to stop with this stuff and it gets a little over the top imho.
              This Jimmy in your mind…… isn’t he from ‘The Adventures of Superman’ in 50s? Maybe it depends on our idea of who Jimmy Olsen is. These are timeless characters but they do evolve in order to reflect the times. Nowadays I don’t see Jimmy as a comic relief especially not in comics. I’ve never seen him say “Golly Mr.Kent” in post-crisis comics, nor in LnC or cartoon shows. (Not even in SR if I recall correctly.) And these Jimmy(s) I mentioned are not even same age as Clark. Usually they’re much younger than him. SV’s interpretation of Jimmy is 1), almost same age as Clark 2), therefore CK will be never ‘Mr.Kent’ for this version of Jimmy and they’re based on a more equal relationship.

Besides, AAJimmy once again showed us how classy he is when he told Chloe “Whatever you do Chloe, stay away from that monster” in ‘Beast’ instead of “I told you so.” to a woman who never trusted him and let all the mess happened. He has a great caring hearts no matter how crap he is treated. Also Jimmy’s character has been portrayed before that he can be very weak and can fall easily for darker side but he would do the right thing in the end. I don’t see anything over the top with the SV version of Jimmy apart from being merely used as Chloe’s love interests in this show.

In my eyes, he didn’t fall that far. He is redeemable and I believe he’ll stand on his own two feet in no time and becomes more and more closer to his iconic self next season. (Or this is just my wishful thinking…)

Comment

• It's been time for Chole to take a seat to Lois for quite some time. In all other Superman productions..........there was only Lois & Clark. And that combo has worked for over a half century!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎