No announcement yet.

Where was the Rapture?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where was the Rapture?

I kept on waiting for it to happen but it never did.

Awesome episode, but not properly named.

Comment

I think it had to do with Cas being sent back to heaven... So it makes sense. Or when Jimmy once again becomes the vessel for Cas, therefore giving himself to heaven forever.
      Last edited by Lexgirl33; 04-30-2009, 09:14 PM.

Comment

I'm not really up on my knowledge of the Bible like I used to be...anyone care to elaborate on what the Rapture is? Is it a return?

Comment

It's the 2nd coming of Christ.

Comment

(It's when some believers are supposed to get whisked away from earth to heaven right before the really bad stuff of the apocalypse so they don't have to suffer through it. Only a small number of folks will qualify for the trip, because everybody else is too tainted like Sam for the Lord to punch their tickets directly, and this gives your local preacher or priest an opportunity to scare you into being good.

Maybe this ep was a mini-rapture. Like rapture on a diet so that all we got was a "rap." Rapture for 1 please. Only Castiels are invited. Yes, and I'd like that to go, thank you. It was a short term rapture too. He was only gone for 40 minutes. It didn't stick.

The title was huge. The events were smaller, but interesting. Sam's a vampire.
            Last edited by InactiveUserID; 04-30-2009, 10:25 PM. Reason: The Pain and the Pleasure of it all

Comment

It's not the second coming of Christ.

The Rapture happens before Christ comes, and supposedly before the seven years of tribulation(according to the Bible).

But I believe the "Rapture" was only meant for Castiel...and then Jimmy when he died.

Comment

I guess they are going to make Sam & Dean's world not have one or the tribulation either.

Comment

In addition to the definition related to Christ, rapture also means, according to dictionary.com, "the carrying of a person to another place or sphere of existence." The Jimmy/Cas scenerio fits this definition.

Comment

a lot of times we cant really count on titles to mean exactly what they are supposed to mean. like there was no great pumpkin in its the great pumpkin sam winchester.

Comment

I think it had to do with Cas being sent back to heaven... So it makes sense. Or when Jimmy once again becomes the vessel for Cas, therefore giving himself to heaven forever.
                      Exactly! It was a rapture of sorts for Jimmy.

Comment

"Rapture" may also refer to the euphoria caused by the use of certain controlled substances, calling to mind Sam's reliance on the demon blood.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎