Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just realised a hole in the plot of this episode!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just realised a hole in the plot of this episode!

Hey guys,
    I was re-watching this episode and I realised that if Clark had never been around then Lex wouldn't have made it to become president of the USA because he would be dead...the whole bridge scene from one of the first seasons. If Clark wasnt around he wouldnt be there to save his life, so he would have died.
    Am I right? Or did I forget something vital?

Now that you mention it, it really seems like a plothole

You're totally right!

Comment

Did Lex go bald in exactly the same way in the back story of Apocolypse? I can't remember...

But it's the butterfly affect if you ask me (and i'm not usually one to argue that a plot hole isn't a plot hole). Clark not existing may have meant a great number of situations, events and even feelings changing. It's conceivable that all the things that would have changed because Clark wasn't there, could have lead to perhaps Lex not getting a phone call while driving over that bridge, or perhaps the man who attached the stuff to the van would have done a better job...

Time travel, alternate universes... all totally unpredictable

Comment

He should've ended up in a wheelchair!

Comment

This is pretty plausible but the backstory has Kara's ship landing on the same day Clark land's. So, Apocalypse inserts Kara into the role of Clark and she is found by the Luthors and not the Kent's. So, Lex would have been bald from the same meteor shower and they could have possibly worked an angle where Kara saves his life since she lives with him and "trusts" him. Those alternate universes are quite the brain drain man.

Comment

hmm...it's all very interesting! Thanks for the replies, guys!

Comment

Haha, this is true

Comment

kara's ship would have had to have been found later because she is still young instead of like 40, Lionel may have found sometime later like a little before the pilot and Kryptonians age slow she could look the same and then maybe for some reason Lex wasn't driving on the bridge. Maybe Kara also saved the core characters from Meteor freaks or some freaks could have been good, or the main characters could not have gotten into some of the situations because it looked like for maybe except Chloe and maybe Pete they didn't know each other like Chloe said about Lana.

Comment

I'm sure if lionel never knew who the traveller was he wouldn't have stuck around in smallville, maybe lex would have never been working at the plant. Or Lionel found Kara and then had no desire to be in Smallville...but then the oval office is in the mansion, who knows

Comment

Also, wouldn't this ep rewrite the memories Clark had of Jor-El and Lara placing him in the ship seeing as how he was the one to do it this time?

Comment

My brain hurts! My brain hurts!

Comment

In fact half of Smallville high wouldn't be alive. Remember the first FOW wanted to blast the school into next week but CK stopped him.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎