Collapse
No announcement yet.

ShapeShifting changed the spot.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The first guy Sylar was impersonating was some blonde/light redish haired dude. HRG shot him and Sylar was able to stop himself from healing long enough for Noah to get arrested. After that, Sylar started impersonating the brunatte guy. Weirdly, in one of those montage scenes in the begining of eps - the ones with scenes from previous eps - you can see Danko telling Sylar to impersonate the brunette guy... but I don't remember that from any real episode...

Comment

Yeah I was wrong. The other guys name was Donner. Sorry

Comment

Originally posted by phalcomb
        Even more to the point... Angela knows that Sylar has Claire's healing ability. She also knows, because of the episode where her memories were restored by Linderman that healing can restore memories wiped by powers. Why didn't she, above all people, realize that it was a bad idea to give someone with rapid cellular regeneration a brain reprogram?
        Actually that's exactly what I said in another post. good stuff..

Comment

Sylar could control his healing ability, he proved that when he got shot bei HRG as that agent, he said to Danko he let himself bleed out more for realism...

Maybe the Sylar abilities cannot be activated by "Nathan", only by "Sylar", because he doesnt know he has them...... yet

Comment

Think it is all a moot point right now...
            Sylar cuts people people heads open to see how their brain works and gets his ability from the knowledge of knowing how things work right?
            If all Sylar's memories are completely destroyed, wouldn't the knowledge of how those abilities he learned work be gone too?
            He's back to his original and only ability of seeing how things work and none of the other ones... I don't think he's autohealing and what not now, all that knowledge is gone. Remember he said the ability of how things work was the only ability that was truly his.
            It would all have to reset, the moment he hugged Angela all her memories should have flooded to him instantly.

Comment

Angela knows that Sylar has Claire's healing ability. She also knows, because of the episode where her memories were restored by Linderman that healing can restore memories wiped by powers. Why didn't she, above all people, realize that it was a bad idea to give someone with rapid cellular regeneration a brain
              i think anglea wanted this all the time...in vol 3 she wanted sylar 2 be her son..if u rewatch the end of 1961 when sylar was nathan at the press confrence she had a smile on her face like she already knew what was gonna happen..i think she wanted sylar 2 become nathan so she could manipulate him and sylar has powers which she can use to her advantage till sylar realizes who he is..

Comment

So if someone is sticking a knife in his head and it is headed for the spot he can move it out the way of the knife before it is fully stuck in his head.

Comment

I think that it maybe possible to wipe his memories of "How" the healing works, auto or non auto.

Comment

I think that if Syler has indeed been 'wiped' it would explain his loss in power, cause he is imensely powerful really, near immortal with the regeneration, a multitude of offensive powers and latent abilities like the lie detection and alike.
                    But if in wiping his memory these abilities have also been wiped then it would make a little more sense to be honest. The only trouble I see a little would be technically he wouldn't have the ability to fly... which would probably make him wonder wtf was happening.

if he has kept all his powers then there are so many weird ways it just doesn't overly work, i guess it could be a little like Peter's initial ability where he had to understand the power and remember the person in order to use it.
                    like someone said, when he hugged Angela he would have read the 'history' of the items etc and would know what had happened.
                    also with Peter's ability being limited to touch what happens if he 'borrows' another ability then goes back to "Nathan" to get flight back... he'd realise it's Sylar from the fact of the multiple abilities or he could possible "borrow" the ineptitude (and possibly the 'hunger' )

Comment

Originally posted by cyzer
                      Think it is all a moot point right now...
                      Sylar cuts people people heads open to see how their brain works and gets his ability from the knowledge of knowing how things work right?
                      If all Sylar's memories are completely destroyed, wouldn't the knowledge of how those abilities he learned work be gone too?
                      He's back to his original and only ability of seeing how things work and none of the other ones... I don't think he's autohealing and what not now, all that knowledge is gone. Remember he said the ability of how things work was the only ability that was truly his.
                      It would all have to reset, the moment he hugged Angela all her memories should have flooded to him instantly.
                      Can't say yes for the simple fact he is still shape shifted.

Parkman made him forget, but his abilities were still there. Just like the hatian made peter forget about his abilities and how to use them, but they were still there. Forgetting how to use them doesn't remove them in this show. Just makes you have to relearn how to use them.

Things like Intuitive aptitude and healing factors are innate abilities. They require no knowledge of how they work, they just do.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshua
                        Things like Intuitive aptitude and healing factors are innate abilities. They require no knowledge of how they work, they just do.
                        That's about what I would have said. He has a few passive abilities (meaning that they don't require him to consciously call them out--much like we can smell when someone needs a shower, for instance). IA and healing are two, the lie detector is another. I forget if he has any others that are passive. But having IA makes it easier for him to use the other abilities -- he often has better control over these powers than the original person had, so I would not doubt that he might inadverdently use a power or two when provoked without really knowing he has them (like what happened to Peter in the beginning of volume 2).

Comment

I don't think Sylar's memories are going to be coming back. The Haitian guy's power worked by scarring a specific part of the brain. Matt Parkman actually controls brain functions though, so if he literally replaces memories then it's not like healing is going to bring the old memories back, because there's nothing damaged that needs healing.

What'll be interesting though is when Nathan finds out who his body really belongs to. Will he still see himself as Nathan or just be a really messed up Sylar?

Also, if they really wanted to kill Sylar, why didn't Parkman just try and find "the spot" by reading Sylar's mind then jam a knife in there?

Comment

He knew that the clock was off. that alone says that he still has his memories locked away.

And that he has intuitive aptitude alive and active.

Comment

He knew the clock was off because of his intuitive aptitude, which is a physical thing, not a memory, so why would a memory wipe remove that power? It's his collected abilities that might be lost.

Comment

i get your thought process. just don't agree.

If sylar was erased then i think his power would be gone. Otherwise you would have Nathan having all these abilities and not understanding how, then linking who else had them and figuring out what happened.

Either way, he is going to figure it out, and i dont think his memories were out and out erased, just suppressed.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎