Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My Thoughts (Length Warning)

What started off fairly good, turned into the worst Heroes season finale to date. I have to admit, that I did not see this coming...but now that I just saw it play out...I really don't know what to say. Once again, the show has left me with a whole bunch more questions than it provided answers to.

What I gathered, [and what I think of it]:

1. Peter now has all of the abilities that Sylar did (does), and assuming that his character will not change, then this is only temporary until he touches another person. [It was never actually explained whether Peter has to focus on stealing someone's powers. I have always assumed no because the volume 4 premier showed Peter snatch his first power from Tracy, and Peter seemed like he had no idea how he did it].

2. Matt Parkman is, officially, the MOST powerful person on this show. [Even if his power only holds Sylar-as-Nathan for six weeks...that's rediculoulsy impressive].

3. Angela Petrelli and Noah Bennet are now heading a re-vamped "Company". [This is where this episode really wrecked itself in my opinion. The events that have occured have COMPLETELY dis-credited the events from the past two episodes. The purpose of a "company" has always been to work in secret, and for Angela to claim that this cannot be done without Nathan is ironic to me. I understand the impact that Nathan could provide by swaying the President's actions...but still...the man just DIED...for christ sake go to his funeral, band together with your family, and create a plan].

4. The original shapeshifter was being burned (as Sylar) at the end. [Not really a big deal...but for Peter, Claire, Mohinder, Hiro, and Ando...they all think this was THE Sylar. What a horrible way to end this volume].

5. What happens to Danko is unknown at this point. [Also not really a big deal, but it definitely allows the character to return. This will be interesting].

6. Sylar killed Nathan. [Proabably the biggest part of this episode. Well-crafted, well-driven, and well-plotted...until Sylar becomes Nathan via the Parkman whammy. This show was in DESPERATE need for a hero to die...as it would provide motivation and substance for those heroes still remaining. Having Sylar play Nathan for what will most likely be the majority of volume 5 is the most retarded thing that this show has ever done...to the point where I may not be watching anymore. Why? Because once Sylar figures it out, and breaks loose (and he will)...we will then, at that exact moment, be where we should have been in the last few minutes of this episode].

There are, effectively, a few different scenarios that can play out for volume 5. What really baffles me, and I mean REALLY baffles me...is why Nathan couldn't have just been given an injection of Claire's blood. Anyone? Anyone at all? If it brought HRG back from a 9mm to the eye socket...it can bring Nathan back from his throat being cut. The worst part about this...is that over half of those characters involved in this "event" know that Claire's blood that do this! So let's say that this is actually what happens...then WTFWTHOMGLOLLYCAKES why did Angela order Matt to transform Sylar into Nathan?

That means that once Sylar-as-Nathan breaks loose....we're going to have volume 3 ALL OVER AGAIN as nobody is going to trust Angela.

4. The original shapeshifter was being burned (as Sylar) at the end. [Not really a big deal...but for Peter, Claire, Mohinder, Hiro, and Ando...they all think this was THE Sylar. What a horrible way to end this volume].

HORRIBLE JUST HORRIBLE!!

Complete Maniac haydenclaireheroes's Avatar
    they always need fire to end a volume

Quote Originally Posted by Melekith View Post
    There are, effectively, a few different scenarios that can play out for volume 5. What really baffles me, and I mean REALLY baffles me...is why Nathan couldn't have just been given an injection of Claire's blood. Anyone? Anyone at all? If it brought HRG back from a 9mm to the eye socket...it can bring Nathan back from his throat being cut. The worst part about this...is that over half of those characters involved in this "event" know that Claire's blood that do this! So let's say that this is actually what happens...then WTFWTHOMGLOLLYCAKES why did Angela order Matt to transform Sylar into Nathan?
    I agree with this. Why didn't they just inject him with Claire's blood?

Quote Originally Posted by haydenclaireheroes View Post
    they always need fire to end a volume
    Volumes one and two did not end with a fire. Volume one ended with Hiro going back in time to fuedal Japan, volume two ended with Nathan being shot.

Posting Pro
    1. Peter now has all of the abilities that Sylar did (does), and assuming that his character will not change, then this is only temporary until he touches another person. [It was never actually explained whether Peter has to focus on stealing someone's powers. I have always assumed no because the volume 4 premier showed Peter snatch his first power from Tracy, and Peter seemed like he had no idea how he did it].

Nope, Peter only took the shapeshifting power. As evidenced by the fact he did not heal, could no longer fly (as sylar could now) and actually said to sylar 'Bet you didnt think I took that one'. And yes, though he did accidentally take the freezing power in the fight on the plane, he has shown since then he has to concentrate and willingly take a new power, like when he took Nathan's power again while holding him hostage and this episode in the taking of the shapeshifting power

New In Town
    What happened to Sylar though whan Peter touched him?

Posting Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by superjjf View Post
    What happened to Sylar though whan Peter touched him?
    Perhaps he thought it tickled? What was supposed to happen to him?

Quote Originally Posted by pycer
    Nope, Peter only took the shapeshifting power. As evidenced by the fact he did not heal, could no longer fly (as sylar could now) and actually said to sylar 'Bet you didnt think I took that one'. And yes, though he did accidentally take the freezing power in the fight on the plane, he has shown since then he has to concentrate and willingly take a new power, like when he took Nathan's power again while holding him hostage and this episode in the taking of the shapeshifting power
    Ahh ok. Yeah that makes much more sense to me now. Peter can only absorb one abilitiy at a time (and he can now pick-and-choose) should he come into contact with a multiple-ability individual.

So the writers actually gave Peter complete continuity this season, and for that I applaud them. Angela re-gaining her strength in '1961', coupled with her increasing motivations to re-build her family were entirely dis-creditied by her rash decision involving Sylar.

And again, I have to bring this point up...but since we saw Sylar-as-Nathan 6 weeks later, I have to believe that the real Nathan is dead for good, but that's the worst part about the finale to me...because it ended with all of the true heroes watching the fake Sylar burn, as if we're supposed to mourn? Gimmie a break...

I agree with you. This show really bites!

Quote Originally Posted by Melekith View Post
    Ahh ok. Yeah that makes much more sense to me now. Peter can only absorb one abilitiy at a time (and he can now pick-and-choose) should he come into contact with a multiple-ability individual.
    What does he somehow know every power that person has? Why didn't he take mimicry from Sylar and take all his powers.

Forum Regular
    They were mourning the threat that it posed to them.

New In Town
    Peter get only shapeshifting from Sylar...It seems that most of you people didn't give such emphasis on the last scene of this volume: the fake Sylar body burning. In this scene peter had scars in his face. So he choosed to absorb that ability. As for Nathan's death and Claire's blood it's pretty obvious that HRG WAS dead when he was injected with Claire's blood. It's more obvious that the show regreted about that and are just ignoring it. I have to say that I agree with them because then nobody would die.
    P.S. First post in this forum

i am soooo disappointed in this season finale i expected sooo much but got so little they didnt set volume 5 up the right way they shouldve introduced a brand new villain or brought back an old one and give some more cliffhangers like have hiro in the hospital or peter slicking his hair back give me somethingggg and this whole sylar being nathan thing how long is that going to last 5 maybe 7 episodes until that gets boring and sylar comes back and then nathan will be permanently gonee

New In Town
    The whole "Sythan" idea doesn't really seem that far out an idea for Angela and HRG if you ignore the "Claire's blood can raise the dead" idea, which to me was far more lame. Having Claire's blood be a miracle cure was a horrible idea and I can gladly except the Sythan idiocy as the lesser of two evils.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast