No announcement yet.

How did Sylar get the power of flying?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lok
    I dont know if its been mentioned before but i got a theory....

The shapeshifting ability needs the DNA of the person the shapeshifter wants to change into right? thats what Sylar said.

So these abilities everyone got are genetic, that means if a shapeshifter replicates someones DNA and changes into them, he also gets their ability!

Sylar was Nathan so he can fly, right?

thats what i think happened, because if not and Sylar used tele (which I dont think) theres gunna be problems in the next season when Nathan wants to fly, and cant

That makes me wonder how Peter get to the DNA of the President?
    Sylar went to all this trouble and Peter got it just like that?
    Yeah Good Idea

I thought the same thing when I first saw this power. Sylar did say he changes to their DNA when he was talking to Danko in the park.

Comment

It's so easy..The only thing we learned about Sylar during V3 was that he doesen't need to rip out the brain to get a person's ability. He did it with Elle and he also did it with the shapeshifter. He had Nathan unconcious at his mercy before Claire came to him, he could have so easily took the power from him. Remember the part when Claire, Pete and HRG talk to the people of the president's security? That's when the told them to allow Pete to touch the president in order to save him. It's so easy and obvious to understand just try to remember the previous episodes.

Comment

lol this shouldn't be a thread...he took it from Nathan or Pete...we know he doesn't need to kill to take powers...he uses empathic ability (like when he took Elle's power and the shapeshifter's)

Comment

Originally posted by CompanyMan
          I thought for sure the writers were going to steer away from some kind of mimicry on Sylar's part. It's not his usual M.O. and is totally unlike him.
          If only they had the Hatian to make the fans of the show forget.

Comment

Didn't the noise that happens when nathan flew happen when sylar was landing?

Comment

Originally posted by Quebec101
              Got a flash this morning!

After the fight scene, when Claire asked Peter why he did not follow them, he responded he could not fly, which is not true. Sylar can't fly but Peter can.

So what if Peter took Sylar's ability and morphed into Sylar to go right after Nathan to kill him out of vengeance. When Sylar woke up,he had to change into Peter not to get caught. That would explain why he said he could not fly to Claire.
              Um.....yeah he said how much Nathan means in his life and the family bond then just turned around and killed him...that may be the dumbest thing i've heard yet. So then in your head The Peter that Stuck Sylar with the shot was Sylar as Peter as the President sticking Peter as Sylar....ouch.....

TOTAL FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

All those theories sound probable, however Sylar used flying in one of the episodes of first season, when he killed the woman with super hearing ability. When she asked him why she could not hear his "footsteps" when he was sneaking on her, he told her there wasn't any. Perhaps he used TK or he might get flying ability much earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by Quebec101
                  Got a flash this morning!

After the fight scene, when Claire asked Peter why he did not follow them, he responded he could not fly, which is not true. Sylar can't fly but Peter can.

So what if Peter took Sylar's ability and morphed into Sylar to go right after Nathan to kill him out of vengeance. When Sylar woke up,he had to change into Peter not to get caught. That would explain why he said he could not fly to Claire.
                  That would mean Peter has

-Morphing
                  -Flight
                  -Telekineses

all at the same time. Doubtful unless they are lieing to the viewers about what he can do.

Comment

honestly i always thought Sylar could fly even if they didnt show him do it, because do ya'll remember in Season 1 when he took that lady's power that had super hearing? Well i dont remember the conversation word for word, but when he confronted her she was like "I didnt hear any footsteps" and Sylar was like "that's beacuse there werent any"... then that one episode where Sylar was chasin Molly in season and Parkman and his lady partner cornered him, they looked away, but when they looked back they looked up as if he flew up away... but those are my theories that he had already had flight, there probably not true, but i think he took it form Nathan like he took Elle's power and that shapeshiftin guy's

Comment

Originally posted by Melekith
                      For all we know...Sylar STILL had the ability to absorb powers without excising the brain. The only two known instances of this were with Elle, and then with the Shapeshifter. So while he technically does still have the ability to do this, I don't find it plausible that he would "have time" while trying to fend off Nathan, let alone Peter sho just absorbed all of his powers.

I agree with Ragius, I think he slowly lowered himself down with his TK.
                      thats not true, he got something from angela, thats how he absorbed nathan's memories.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎