Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by costas22
    ITA Matt. My gripe was simple. I wanted to see more of him knowing what's coming up next week. Nothing about the season as whole.
    I think it would have been great to show Clark putting his investigative reporter skills to use by having his suspicions of Chloe result in his own research to find out what she's hiding and come to the conclusion that Davis isn't dead. It would have been great had he fixed the FOS and gotten some more input from Jor-El. It would be cool to see him in a very dramatic scene, bursting in the Talon apartment yelling "Where is he" to Chloe, referring to Davis.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
      I think it would have been great to show Clark putting his investigative reporter skills to use by having his suspicions of Chloe result in his own research to find out what she's hiding and come to the conclusion that Davis isn't dead. It would have been great had he fixed the FOS and gotten some more input from Jor-El. It would be cool to see him in a very dramatic scene, bursting in the Talon apartment yelling "Where is he" to Chloe, referring to Davis.
      It would have been, but as episode appearances dictate, Davis couldn't appear in this and it was the last chance that PS3 had to put the focus on Lois for this season. This thing with the episode appearances has been a nightmare. Hopefully he appears a lot more than i suspect in Beast.

Comment

Whenever Clark has over 20 minutes of screentime, I think it's been a good episode.

Comment

Originally posted by tyson08
          Whenever Clark has over 20 minutes of screentime, I think it's been a good episode.
          Requiem - Clark: 23m 35s

You were saying?

Comment

Some people might have liked Requiem. That's their prerogative. It wasn't the worst we have seen and at least, it was better than Power.
            Last edited by costas22; 04-27-2009, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cloisthelegendbegins

You were saying?
              Clark was not in Requiem and not in Power, I am sorry
              I was against principle of denial before this arc

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

I know you do Karine. since he directs Injustice, there is a good chance he might not appear a lot. But then again we thought the same about Turbulence and it turned out better. I don't see him going beyond 16-18 minutes in Beast IMO.
              Don't tell me that ! I am gonna prepare my banners "MORE CLARK KENT THIS SEASON OR ANOTHER REVOLUTION IS COMING"
              Last edited by Tompouce; 04-27-2009, 11:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Some people might have liked Requiem. That's their prerogative. It wasn't the worst we have seen and at least, it was better than Power.
                Bottom line, neither episode showed Clark in a good light. He became reactive rather than pro-active. It didn't do him or the season any good IMO. And where exactly did it advance the main storylines of season eight beyond Oliver supposedly killing Lex and Tess discovering the thing in her head?

Nothing will convince me that the sight of Clark on his knees at Lana's feet was anything remotely resembling good for his character.

----- Added 48 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by Tompouce
                Clark was not in Requiem and not in Power, I am sorry
                I was against principle of denial before this arc
                ITA Karine!
                Last edited by cloisthelegendbegins; 04-27-2009, 01:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Nothing will convince me that the sight of Clark on his knees at Lana's feet was anything remotely resembling good for his character.
                  This is precisely why I disliked Requiem so much. Screentime meant nothing in that episode. They misused it horribly.

Season 6 was horrible though because not only did his screentime decrease to what seemed like the lowest levels, but the little screentime he did get was as Lana's hero lapdog as a result of her stupid decision to get back at Clark by getting together with Lex. Future Superman or not, Clark should have said the hell with her & let her get herself out of her predicament. Instead we got a waste of 2 seasons between being her lapdog (season 6) and then being her guiding shepard for all the despicable acts she did for wanting to get back the Luthors. The true Superman would have helped her at most, but not to the point where he was on standby & placed his entire life on hold and later got back with her as her boyfriend. That Lex thing should have been the dealbreaker. That is the integrity that the real Clark/Superman from the comics would have shown. She could have been his friend at most, but not a second more would have been spent pining or doing anything romantic with her.

Clark is the character who has gotten screwed more than anyone else on this show. And they better continue to fix the damage they did, because it's not fixed yet. They better show why he's the ace reporter we know him to be. They did a pretty good job on his hero side this season, though I would like to see him fixing the FOS and retrieving the Eradicator & improving his fighting skills. As much as I want flight, I could wait for it since there are more important aspects to his character I want developed before flight. If they want to introduce a new power, they should do freezing superbreath. They had a chance to do it in Abyss after he returned from the Phantom Zone, since he got sick the last time he came back from there.

Comment

Perhaps you better start using the subjective ‘I’ instead of ‘we’, Costas, because it was absolutely the worst ‘I’ have ever seen in the entire series. I still have nightmare about these episodes and I don’t know if I could ever watch the last 5 min of Requiem again in my life without feeling sick. And no, I’m not exaggerating, b/c that “Clark on his knees at Lana's” image haunts me. And it’s my prerogative to feel the way I do.

And speaking of screen time, I wish Clark was not in those episodes (i.e. Power and Requiem) because he was only there to buttkiss Lana and this arc serves nothing for HIS character, IMO. I repeat. It was painful to watch these episodes as a Superman fan, and I wish he was off for vacation in South France or temporally dead beaten by Doomsday or whatever reasons he could come up with. JMO

In the Stiletto, it progresses Clark’s character, he looked great both as Clark and RBB.
                    I wonder how many more times we get to see Clark with a satisfying smile like that for the rest of the season. And every time I see him confident and happy being who he is, it makes my Mythos heart warm and fuzzy.

Comment

You were saying?
                      Annie, I just realize your post was an answer to someone who said when Clark is more than 20 mn in an epi, it is a good oneAnd your answer deserves the best "" of the year

Comment

Originally posted by bigblueplanet
                        Perhaps you better start using the subjective ‘I’ instead of ‘we’, Costas, because it was absolutely the worst ‘I’ have ever seen in the entire series. I still have nightmare about these episodes and I don’t know if I could ever watch the last 5 min of Requiem again in my life without feeling sick. And no, I’m not exaggerating, b/c that “Clark on his knees at Lana's” image haunts me. And it’s my prerogative to feel the way I do.

Trust me, i wasn't crazy about it. But someone must have liked it, that's all i am saying. Remember Craving? Personally that's the one i don't like much. But i would watch again any Smallville episode you gave me.

Comment

Trust me, i wasn't crazy about it. But someone must have liked it, that's all i am saying. Remember Craving? Personally that's the one i don't like much. But i would watch again any Smallville episode you gave me.
                          Oh, trust me, I know some people (or 'many people', whichever you prefer) liked it. I was just responding to the part “It wasn't the worst we have seen”, that’s all. But I hope you understand what I and some others are trying to say. I know your gripe is the usage of the SC but Annie already explained the ‘pattern’ of these three-ep-from-the-final episodes in another thread (which you already responded to) and I have nothing else to add here.

I hope you’ll get many Tess for the remaining episodes but then again, it’s not her SC that counts but how her SC will be used, right? I’ll peace out.

Comment

Not everyone dislikes the Lana Arc so much. At least Clark was involved except for Power but then Ollie,Tess, Davis and Chloe got their own episodes as well that leaves Clark as the B plot. Clark should be the number one story but this season has seriously neglected him in order to feature others. I doubt next season will be much better with the JLA and IG comng unfortunately
                            Last edited by SnowBird; 04-27-2009, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblueplanet
                              Oh, trust me, I know some people (or 'many people', whichever you prefer) liked it. I was just responding to the part “It wasn't the worst we have seen”, that’s all. But I hope you understand what I and some others are trying to say. I know your gripe is the usage of the SC but Annie already explained the ‘pattern’ of these three-ep-from-the-final episodes in another thread (which you already responded to) and I have nothing else to add here.

I hope you’ll get many Tess for the remaining episodes but then again, it’s not her SC that counts but how her SC will be used, right? I’ll peace out.
                              I understand what you are trying to say about Requiem. I just don't feel there is need to be so sensitive on matters like this. No one enjoyed seeing Clark like we saw him at the end of Requiem but that arc had an expiration date and it's long past. It was over 5 episodes back and it's not happening again. As far as Tess is concerned, she probably won't get more than 10 minutes per episode anyway. After Eternal, i am not too confident on how they will use her SC. Peace.

Comment

Originally posted by davidbrenton
                                I must be the only person on Ksite that doesn't mind Clark having lower ST. It's an ensemble show.

Thanks BadToad!! I am glad Lois got HIGH ST this ep, but I'm sad the ratings weren't good...I hope producers don't take that into account when planning next season for her character. I'm a little bummed Lois got more ST in her first season than in S8.
                                Overall her screentime is lower, but she had one more episode in Season 4, and her current average this season is higher than her final average for that season. She would only need just over 9 minutes in her final episode to beat her Season 4 average. 21m, 17s of screentime would put her over her Season 4 total.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎